Tom and Jerry Tales
|Tom and Jerry Tales|
|Created by||William Hanna
|Developed by||Joseph Barbera
|Written by||Joseph Barbera
|Directed by||Neal Sternecky
|Voices of||Don Brown
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (whole)
78 (segments) (list of episodes)
|Executive producer(s)||Joseph Barbera (season 1) and Rob LaDuca|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Warner Bros. Animation
Turner Entertainment Co.
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||The CW|
16:9 (Cropped to 4:3 in most television broadcasts)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||September 23, 2006– March 22, 2008|
|Preceded by||Tom & Jerry Kids (1990–1993)|
|Followed by||The Tom and Jerry Show (2014–present)|
|Related shows||Tom and Jerry (1940–2005)|
Tom and Jerry Tales is an animated television series that ran in the United States from September 23, 2006 to March 22, 2008 on The CW, spanning 26 episodes and 2 seasons (with 13 episodes in each season). The series stars the title characters from the Tom and Jerry shorts, and also is the first made-for-television iteration of the cartoons to emulate the theatrical shorts.
Tom and Jerry co-creator Joseph Barbera served as an executive producer before his death, and received story credit on some short cartoons, of the show's first season, produced by Warner Bros. Animation in 2005. Each episode consists of three short cartoons with approximately the same runtime as the original theatrical shorts. Also, each of the three shows that air in a 30-minute episode have some type of theme.
- Don Brown as Tom Cat, Droopy (season 1)
- Samuel Vincent as Jerry Mouse, Kid
- Michael Donovan as Spike, Droopy, Topsy (season 2)
- Colin Murdock as Butch, Lightning
- Reece Thompson (season 1), Chantal Strand (seasons 1-2) as Nibbles
- Nicole Oliver as Mammy Two Shoes (named as 'Mrs. Two Shoes' in this series)
- Tom Cat
- Jerry Mouse
- Mrs. Two Shoes
- Toodles Galore
|Seasons||Episodes||First air date||Last air date|
|1||13||September 23, 2006||February 3, 2007|
|2||13||September 22, 2007||March 22, 2008|
Season 1 (2006–07)
|No.||Title||Original air date||Production
|1||"Tiger Cat / Feeding Time / Polar Peril"||September 23, 2006||110|
|Tiger Cat: An artistic monkey paints Tom to look like a tiger.
Feeding Time: Jerry frames Tom for feeding zoo animals so Spike can fire him.
Polar Peril: A polar bear protects Jerry from Tom and Butch.
|2||"Joy Riding Jokers / Cat Got Your Luggage? / City Dump Chumps"||September 30, 2006||109|
|Joy Riding Jokers: Spike and Toodles mistakes Tom and Jerry for valets.
Cat Got Your Luggage?: Tom and Jerry trash a fancy hotel lobby.
City Dump Chumps: Tom and Butch fight over Jerry in a junkyard.
|3||"Way-Off Broadway / Egg Beats / Cry Uncle"||October 14, 2006||108|
|Way-Off Broadway: Tom and Jerry play musical instruments.
Egg Beats: Jerry's music causes Tom's hen to lay eggs quickly.
Cry Uncle: Jerry's uncle returns for a visit and sings.
|4||"Bats What I Like About the South / Fraidy Cat Scat / Tomb It May Concern"||October 21, 2006||102|
|Bats What I Like About the South: Jerry disguises himself as a bat to scare Tom.
Fraidy Cat Scat: Jerry pretends to be a skull by hiding inside of it and scaring Tom.
Tomb It May Concern: Tom and Jerry find gold inside a pyramid.
|5||"Din-O-Sores / Freaky Tiki / Prehisterics"||November 11, 2006||111|
|Din-O-Sores: Tom and Jerry discover their world is full of dinosaur eggs.
Freaky Tiki: A mystical tiki puts Tom and Jerry under a spell.
Prehisterics: In prehistoric times, Tom and Jerry's ancestors outwit each other.
|6||"Digital Dilemma / Hi, Robot / Tomcat Jetpack"||November 18, 2006||104|
|Digital Dilemma: Tom's computer traps him and Jerry in a virtual world.
Hi, Robot: Tom makes a robotic girl mouse to catch Jerry.
Tomcat Jetpack: Tom dons an experimental flying suit.
|7||"Fire Breathing Tom Cat / Medieval Menace / The Itch"||November 25, 2006||103|
|Fire Breathing Tom Cat: The king sends Tom to slay a dragon.
Medieval Menace: Tom is captured and thrown into a dungeon.
The Itch: Jerry wants to join a band of rats, whose music causes everyone to itch.
|8||"Ho, Ho Horrors / Doggone Hill Hog / Northern Light Fish Fight"||December 2, 2006||101|
|Ho, Ho Horrors: Jerry enters Tom's dream and turns it into a nightmare, resulting in both of them trashing their entire house in their sleep.
Doggone Hill Hog: Spike tackles Tom and Jerry in the snow.
Northern Light Fish Fight: Tom and Jerry fight over a fish.
|9||"Cat Nebula / Martian Mice / Spaced Out Cat"||December 9, 2006||106|
|Cat Nebula: In outer space in the future, Jerry is captain of a mouse-run freighter (Nibbles) and Tom is a green-skinned alien.
Martian Mice: At a farm, giant-sized mice from Mars mistakenly abduct Tom and Jerry.
Spaced Out Cat: Tom tries to win Toodles back from Spike by building a spaceship and being the first one to get to the moon.
|10||"'Octo Suave / Beach Bully Bingo / Treasure Map Scrap"||December 16, 2006||107|
|Octo Suave: An octopus mistakenly tries to woo Tom.
Beach Bully Bingo: Spike and Butch surf fight at the beach Bingo.
Treasure Map Scrap: Jerry tries to find a treasure in the sea.
|11||"Destruction Junction / Battle of the Power Tools / Jackhammered Cat"||January 20, 2007||112|
|Destruction Junction: Spike is put in charge of the rest of a building's construction while the crew are in hospitalized after suffering an extreme case of splinters.
Battle of the Power Tools: Tom and Jerry, formerly homeless, become rich overnight shortly after their numbers come in, so they split their millions and each sets out to build a mansion across from each other.
Jackhammered Cat: Tom and Jerry stumble into a feast, guarded by Spike, at a construction site to which neither the cat nor mouse are invited.
|12||"Tin Cat of Tomorrow / Beefcake Tom / Tomcat Superstar"||January 27, 2007||113|
|Tin Cat of Tomorrow: Fed up with Tom failing to catch Jerry, Mrs. Two-Shoes orders a robotic cat to replace Tom.
Beefcake Tom: Tom enrolls at a gym.
Tomcat Superstar: Tom quits show business and retires to a farm.
|13||"Piranha Be Loved By You / Spook House Mouse / Abracadumb"||February 3, 2007||105|
|Piranha Be Loved By You: A piranha makes it hard for Tom to win Toodles' affection
Spook House Mouse: Tom and Jerry's antics lead them into a haunted house.
Abracadumb: Tom and Jerry engage in a magic duel.
Season 2 (2007–08)
|No.||Title||Original air date||Production
|14||"More Powers to You / Catch Me Though You Can't / Power Tom"||September 22, 2007||202|
|More Powers to You: Tom must guard the power rings of a team of superheroes from supervillain "Doom Dog" (Spike).
Catch Me Though You Can't: Jerry is zapped by a speed ray, making him faster-than-ever.
Power Tom: Tom and Jerry fall into a garden hole where they find the basement headquarters of a female superheroine.
|15||"Zent Out of Shape / I Dream of Meanie / Which Witch!"||September 29, 2007||201|
|Zent Out of Shape: Buddhist monk Tom tries to achieve inner peace.
I Dream of Meanie: Spike, as a genie, must grant wishes.
Which Witch!: Tom must obtain a mouse for a witch's potion.
|16||"Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day / Cat Show Catastrophe / The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo"||October 6, 2007||203|
|Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day: Tom attends show-and-tell at an elementary school. His owner in this segment is Nancy, the little girl from the 1943 cartoon Baby Puss returns, as she wants to win the gold star for best pet.
Cat Show Catastrophe: Jerry and Tuffy try to ruin Tom's chances at a cat show.
The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo: Tom's owner hires a trainer to make him behave.
|17||"Adventures in Penguin Sitting / Cat of Prey / Jungle Love"||October 13, 2007||204|
|Adventures in Penguin Sitting: Jerry and an escaped penguin become friends.
Cat of Prey: Tom, who is hungry, seeks to catch and eat Jerry, who is the star of the show at a local ocean theme park along with a bald eagle, but he is thwarted by the eagle, a seal and an octopus.
Jungle Love: Jerry makes friends with a baby rhinoceros.
|18||"Invasion of the Body Slammers / Monster Con / Over the River and Boo the Woods"||October 27, 2007||205|
|Invasion of the Body Slammers: A green shapeshifter emerges from an alien spaceship that lands near Tom and Jerry's house.
Monster Con: Tom uses some of Van Helsing's equipment to catch Jerry, but catches a few ghosts instead.
Over the River and Boo the Woods: Tom and Jerry end up in a cursed forest.
|19||"Xtreme Trouble / A Life Less Guarded / Sasquashed"||November 3, 2007||206|
|Xtreme Trouble: Tom and Jerry resume their usual chases through extreme sports equipment – from skateboarding to roller-skating.
A Life Less Guarded: Tom competes against Droopy as a role for lifeguard at the local pool.
Sasquashed: Whilst on a camping trip, Tom, Jerry and Tuffy encounter a sasquatch.
|20||"Summer Squashing / League of Cats / Little Big Mouse"||November 10, 2007||207|
|Summer Squashing: Tom is assigned to guard his owner's garden against pests, including Jerry and a clan of harvest mice, all of whom resembling him (only with different-colored bandanas).
League of Cats: Butch recruits Tom to join the League of Cats, a secret organization of cats who work together to catch mice.
Little Big Mouse: While Tom and his owner are sleeping by the refrigerator, Jerry steals all the food.
|21||"Bend It Like Thomas / Endless Bummer / Game Set Match"||December 1, 2007||208|
|Bend It Like Thomas: Tom torments Jerry, Spike and Eagle with his soccer skills.
Endless Bummer: Tom, Jerry and Droopy take part in a surfing competition.
Game Set Match: Spike makes Tom teach his son Tyke how to play tennis.
|22||"The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / 24 Karat Kat"||December 8, 2007||209|
|The Declaration of Independunce: Tom loses the Declaration of Independence when he makes it into a paper airplane and must set out to retrieve it.
Kitty Hawked: Jerry, now an elderly museum tour guide, talks about his part in the Wright brothers' aerial experiments.
24 Karat Kat: Tom and Butch are claim jumpers in the 19th Century at a Sutter's Mill, scheming to steal gold from Jerry's claim.
|23||"Hockey Schtick / Snow Brawl / Snow Mouse"||February 2, 2008||210|
|Hockey Schtick: Jerry decides to freeze the pond and go figure skating, only to be thwarted by Tom playing hockey.
Snow Brawl: Jerry engages Tom in a snowball fight that gets out of control.
Snow Mouse: During a chase in a forest, Tom and Jerry encounter a giant abominable snowmouse.
|24||"DJ Jerry / Kitty Cat Blues / Flamenco Fiasco"||February 9, 2008||211|
|DJ Jerry: Tom is in charge of guarding his owner's record store but has trouble doing so, courtesy of a rap club for rodents run by Jerry.
Kitty Cat Blues: Tom tries to woo a potential girlfriend by giving Jerry to her as a gift.
Flamenco Fiasco: Jerry and his girlfriend enter a flamenco dance contest against Tom and Toodles.
|25||"You're Lion / Kangadoofus / Monkey Chow"||March 8, 2008||212|
|You're Lion: Tom visits the African veldt to see his lion relatives and give them Jerry as a present, but the lions would rather eat Tom as well as Jerry.
Kangadoofus: In the Australian Outback, Jerry is adopted by a very protective momma kangaroo.
Monkey Chow: While Tom and his owner are touring an exotic monkey garden in Malaysia, Jerry lets loose a monkey.
|26||"Game of Mouse & Cat / Babysitting Blues / Catfish Follies"||March 22, 2008||213|
|Game of Mouse & Cat: Thanks to a VR setup, Jerry plays a game in which Tom is scared of him.
Babysitting Blues: Tom and Jerry babysit their nephews.
Catfish Follies: Tom and Jerry are out fishing when they discover Butch (in this segment portrayed as a catfish, rather than an actual cat) who wants to eat Jerry, while Tom wants to eat the catfish.
On October 31, 2006, a video game based on the show was released for the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance. Developed by Sensory Sweep Studios, it was published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and distributed by Eidos Interactive. The player plays as Jerry to get Tom in trouble. Many minor characters from the show make cameo appearances in the game such as the female robotic mouse from the short "Hi, Robot."
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One was released on October 3, 2006. The episodes include: Ho Ho Horrors / Doggone Hill Hog / Northern Light Fish Fight / Way-Off Broadway / Egg Beats / Cry Uncle / Joy Riding Jokers / Cat Got Your Luggage? / City Dump Chumps / Tiger Cat / Feeding Time / Polar Peril. Released in the UK as Volume Four.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Two was released on May 15, 2007. The episodes include: Octo Suave / Beach Bully Bingo / Treasure Map Scrap / Fire Breathing Tom Cat / Medieval Menace / The Itch / Digital Dilemma / Hi, Robot / Tomcat Jetpack / Piranha Be Loved By You / Spook House Mouse / Abracadumb. Released in the UK as Volume One.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Three was released on December 4, 2007. The episodes include: Bats What I Like About the South / Fraidy Cat Scat / Tomb it May Concern / Cat Nebula / Martian Mice / Spaced Out Cat / Din-O-Sores / Freaky Tiki / Prehisterics / Destruction Junction / Battle of the Power Tools / Jackhammered Cat / Tin Cat of Tomorrow / Beefcake Tom / Tomcat Superstar. Released in the UK as Volume Two.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four was released on March 11, 2008. The episodes include: Zent Out of Shape / I Dream of Meanie / Which Witch / More Powers to You / Catch Me Though You Can't / Power Tom / Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day / Cat Show Catastrophe / The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo / Adventures in Penguin Sitting / Cat of Prey / Jungle Love. Released in the UK as Volume Three.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Five was released on August 12, 2008. The episodes include: Invasion of the Body Slammers / Monster Con / Over the River and Boo the Woods / Xtreme Trouble / A Life Less Guarded / Sasquashed / Summer Squashing / League of Cats / Little Big Mouse / Bend it Like Thomas / Endless Bummer / Game Set Match.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Six was released on February 3, 2009. The episodes include: The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / 24 Karat Kat / Hockey Schtick / Snow Brawl / Snow Mouse / DJ Jerry / Kitty Cat Blues / Flamenco Fiasco / You're Lion / Kangadoofus / Monkey Chow / Game of Mouse & Cat / Babysitting Blues / Catfish Follies.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volumes 1-3 was released on September 15, 2009. This collection includes the first three volumes.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: The Complete First Season, a two-disc set with the first thirteen episodes, was released on April 13, 2010. It was re-released on July 24, 2012 as part of Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary.
- Tom and Jerry: The Deluxe Anniversary Collection, a two-disc set (Game of Mouse & Cat only on disc 2), was released on June 22, 2010.
- Tom and Jerry Fun Pack, a three-disc set (Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One on disc 3), was released on June 28, 2011.
- Tom and Jerry: Fur Flying Adventures: Volume 2 was released on July 5, 2011. Four episodes include: Monster Con / The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / Which Witch! It was re-released on October 7, 2014 as Tom and Jerry and Friends: Volume 2.
- Tom and Jerry: Fur Flying Adventures: Volume 3 was released on October 4, 2011. Eight episodes include: Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded / Northern Light Fish Fight / Doggone Hill Dog / Sasquashed / Snow Mouse / Spook House Mouse / Don't Bring Your Pet to School.
- Tom and Jerry: In a Dog House was released on March 6, 2012. Nine episodes include: 24 Karat Kat / Destruction Junction / Beefcake Tom / Bend It Like Thomas / Game Set Match / Feeding Time / DJ Jerry / Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded.
- Tom and Jerry: Summer Holidays was released on March 6, 2012. Two episodes include: Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded.
All six volumes were later released in 2-packs.
- Baisley, Sarah. "Kids’ WB! on The CW 2006-2007 Saturday AM Schedule Launches Sept. 23". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc. (October 31, 2006). "Tom and Jerry Tales Videogame Hits Stores Today, October 31" (Press release). Business Wire. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 1". Animated Views. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 2". Animated Views. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- DeMott, Rick (December 4, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales 3 Crashes Onto DVD". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Felix, Justin (May 19, 2008). "Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four". DVD Talk. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (August 11, 2008). "DVD Releases For August 12, 2008". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (February 2, 2009). "Madagascar 2, Oliver & Co., Space Buddies & Fear(s) of the Dark Hit DVD/Blu-ray". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- McCutcheon, David (January 8, 2010). "Tales of Tom and Jerry - The Complete First Season". IGN. Retrieved July 5, 2014.