1818 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1818 in India.
- 1818 - Manavadar (Bantva-Manavadar) becomes a British Protectorate, a Princely state which was founded in 1733.
- February - The Third Anglo-Maratha War which started in 1817 ends with the Marathas defeated by the British
- 1 January - The Peshwa defeated at Koregaon by the British.
- 6 January - Treaty of Mandasor is signed between the British and the Marathas.
- 20 February - The Peshwa defeated at Ashti by the British.
- 3 June - Baji Rao II surrenders to the British
|This year in India article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|