1957 in India
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|See also:||List of years in India
Timeline of Indian history
Events in the year 1957 in the Republic of India.
- India passes a bill making Kashmir under its control as part of the Union.
- 5 April – First elected government of Kerala. Communist Party of India won the elections and E. M. S. Namboodiripad became the first chief minister of united Kerala.
- Parliament passes the Copyright Act of 1957
- 22 August – Deepti Naval, actress.
- Thomas Zacharia, computational scientist.
- Sardar Rajpal Singh Khakh, landlord.
- 5 April – Alagappa Chettiar, businessman and philanthropist (born 1909).
- 30 August – N. S. Krishnan, comedian, actor, playback singer and writer (born 1908).