|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2013)|
|NSK Corporate Logo|
|Type||Corporation TYO: 6471|
|Industry||Industrial & Automotive|
|Founded||Tokyo, Japan (1916)|
|Key people||Norio Otsuka, President & CEO|
|Products||Rolling Bearings, Automotive Bearings, Linear Components, Automotive Steering Systems|
|Revenue||US$ 8.5 billion (¥900 billion in sales for year ended March 31, 2014|
|Employees||Over 30,500 (Consolidated, as of March 2014)|
|Website||NSK Group Global Web Site|
Nippon Seikō K.K. (Japanese 日本精工株式会社 Nippon Seikō Kabushiki-kaisha; meaning: Japanese Precision Company English NSK Ltd.), listed in the Nikkei 225, ISIN JP3720800006, is a Japanese company headquartered in Tokyo.
NSK produces a wide range of industrial bearings, linear motion products, automotive bearings & modules as well as automotive steering systems. NSK´s products and solutions are sold globally through NSK´s own sales network.
Company Background & Milestones
- 1916: NSK Ltd. is established in Tokyo, Japan
- 1960’s: Opening of first NSK Sales Offices in Ann Arbor, Michigan USA and Düsseldorf, Germany
- 1970’s: Opening of Production Plants in São Paulo, Brazil, North America, UK and Asia
- 1990’s: Purchase of the UPI Group including RHP (UK) and Neuweg (Germany). Further opening of Sales Offices & Production Plants in UK, Germany & Switzerland
- 2000’s: Finalisation of Fujisawa Research & Development Centre in Japan & opening of the Technology Centre in Germany
- 2010’s: Further expansion of the Technology Centre in Germany, opening of the Steering Test Centre in Germany. Further expansion of European plants.
Present Day Business
More than 30,500 employees form a worldwide technology network consisting of over 60 production plants. Approximately three million new bearings are manufactured per day (from miniature bearings with a one-millimetre bore to bearings with a diameter of five meters).
The company invested more than $97 million in research and development as per March 2014. The Group has its own research and development centres on every continent.
Industries: Automotive OEMs and first tier suppliers as well as manufacturers of: electric motors; domestic appliances; wind turbines; gear boxes; pumps and compressors; machine tools; injection moulding machines; and suppliers to steel, cellulose and paper industries; printing industry; food and drink industry; mining and extraction technology; semiconductors and medicine; handling and automation; energy supply industry.
NSK Europe Ltd.
NSK Europe Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary company of NSK Ltd. and is registered in England & Wales. It has over 3,500 employees in Europe and has a turnover of more than 900 million Euro.
- 1963 Establishment of the first European NSK Sales Office in Düsseldorf, Germany
- 1970s Opening of the NSK office in Guyancourt, France and of the Production Plant in Peterlee, UK
- Acquisition of UPI group including production plants in England, Germany and Switzerland
- Opening of first European Technology Centre (ETC) in Newark, UK
- Foundation of NSK-RHP Europe and the establishment of NSK-RHP sales companies
- Renaming of NSK-RHP to NSK
- Establishment of a plant for Electric Power Steering System in Poland
- Acquisition of a major bearing manufacturer in Poland
- Further expansion of the Technology Centre & opening of the Steering Test Centre in Germany.
- Further expansion of European plants.
Business Units & Products
Industrial Bearings & Linear Components
Ball Bearings, Cylindrical Roller Bearings, Tapered Roller Bearings, Spherical Roller Bearings, Thrust Bearings, Super Precision Bearings, Ball Screws, Linear Guides and other Linear Products, including a wide range of Mechatronic and Precision products.
Automotive Bearings & Modules
Wheel Hub Bearings, Taper and Needle Bearings for Transmission, Integral Shaft Bearings for Water Pump, Magnetic Clutch Bearings for A/C Compressor
Manual /Electrical Adjust Steering Columns with integrated Energy Absorption Systems, Manual/ Electric Rake and Reach Adjustment; Electrically Power Assisted Steering Systems (EPAS) with integrated Energy Absorption Systems; Steering Columns and Steering Gears with Electrical Power Assist; Mechanical Steering Gears with tie rods; Intermediate Shafts (Slidable/Collapsible with Energy Absorb Capability), Universal (Constant Velocity) Joints, Noise Isolating Steering Joints