2007 in animation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The year 2007 in animation involved some animation-related events.
- January 31 - The Boston bomb scare occurs and the U.S. Coast Guard and Boston Police shut down parts of Interstate 93, two bridges, and a section of the Charles River after the discovery of suspicious devices placed around the city. Turner Broadcasting released a statement that the items were marketing tools placed within ten U.S. cities for Cartoon Network's Adult Swim animated series Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
- February 23 - After 8 years, Cartoon Network officially ends Fridays block.
- March 31 - Toonami commemorates its 10th anniversary.
- May 20 - The Simpsons reaches the landmark 400 episode milestone.
- November 12 - Nickelodeon promotes its very first SpongeBob SquarePants television movie, Atlantis SquarePantis, attracting 8.8. million viewers.
- Academy Award for Best Animated Feature: Ratatouille
- Animation Kobe Feature Film Award: Paprika
- Annie Award for Best Animated Feature: Ratatouille
- Asia Pacific Screen Award for Best Animated Feature Film: 5 Centimeters Per Second
- BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film: Ratatouille
- César Award for Best Foreign Film: Waltz with Bashir
- Goya Award for Best Animated Film: Nocturna
- Japan Academy Prize for Animation of the Year: Tekkonkinkreet
- Japan Media Arts Festival Animation Grand Prize: Summer Days with Coo
- Mainichi Film Awards - Animation Grand Award: Summer Days with Coo
Main article: List of animated feature films: 2007
- April 13 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
- May 18 - Shrek the Third
- July 27 - The Simpsons Movie
- November 2 - Bee Movie
- November 12 - Atlantis SquarePantis
- November 27 - Futurama: Bender's Big Score
Television series debuts
Main article: List of animated television series of 2007
- March 3 - El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera debuts on Nickelodeon (2007–08).
- August 17 - Phineas and Ferb debuts on Disney Channel (2007–15).
- August 31 - Tak and the Power of Juju debuts on Nickelodeon (2007–09).
- September 3 - WordGirl debuts on PBS Kids (2007–15)
- September 29 - Back at the Barnyard debuts on Nickelodeon (2007–11).
- November 2 - Chowder debuts on Cartoon Network (2007–10).
- November 4 - Xavier: Renegade Angel debuts on Adult Swim (2007–09).
- November 5 - Ni Hao, Kai-Lan debuts on Nickelodeon (2007–11).
- December 26 - Transformers: Animated debuts on Cartoon Network (2007–09).
Television series endings
- February 10 - Catscratch ended on Nickelodeon (2005–07).
- April 9 - The Life and Times of Juniper Lee ended on Cartoon Network (2005–07).
- August 24 - Danny Phantom ended on Nickelodeon (2004–07).
- September 1 - American Dragon: Jake Long ended on Disney Channel (2005–07).
- September 7 - Kim Possible ended on Disney Channel (2002–07).
- September 27 - Squirrel Boy ended on Cartoon Network (2006–07).
- November 11 - The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy on Cartoon Network (2003–07).
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)|
- これまでの記録（第11回～15回）. Anime Kobe (in Japanese). Retrieved 2012-03-06.