|Created by||Ekta Kapoor|
|Developed by||Ekta Kapoor|
Mrinal Tripathi Dialogues
|Directed by||Sameer Kulkarni|
|Creative director(s)||Creative Producer|
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen|
|Opening theme||Kundali Bhagya|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||422 as of 15 February 2019|
|Production location(s)||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Running time||21 minutes (approx.)|
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms|
|Original network||Zee TV|
|Original release||12 July 2017 –|
|Related shows||Kumkum Bhagya|
Kundali Bhagya (English: The Fate of Our Stars) (International Title: This Is Fate) is an Indian romantic drama television series which airs on Zee TV. The show premiered on 12 July 2017 and stars Shraddha Arya, Dheeraj Dhoopar and Manit Joura. It is a spin-off of Kumkum Bhagya.
Since its launch in 2017, the show continues to rake high TRPs and is amongst the most watched shows. It is the biggest weekday Hindi fiction launch across all GECs of the year 2017. For several months, it remained number one in the TRP ratings in India until the inception of Colors TV's Naagin 3.
The show narrates the story of Pragya and Bulbul's long-lost younger sisters, Preeta and Srishti. Preeta is ready to be engaged to Deepak, who had been in love with her since school. How ever Deepak's love is based on Preeta's beauty and majorly lust. On the night of Preeta's engagement, Raguveer- Preeta and Sristhi's dad, shows up drunk to their as guests are arriving for the engagement, leading to a conflict with him and Srishti, where she finds out her father is going to hand over their house to Deepak's family as a dowry. Preeta, disheartened calls off the engagement. Raguveer falls ill and is taken to hospital where it is revealed that he has been unwell for some time and that he only wanted to get Preeta married so both she and Srishti will be taken care of after his death. Raguveer reveals to the girls that their mother is alive, and that he has met their elder sister Pragya, whilst she was running from thugs with Abhi. He gives them the address and makes them promise to meet their mom after his death.
Raguveer passes on and soon we see the girls headed to Mumbai to meet their mother Sarla. When they arrive in Mumbai, Preeta loses the address to their mum's house in the rain. Eventually they run into Abhi, who remembers that Sarla needs tenants as Pragya and Bulbuls room is unoccupied.
He brings them to Sarla's house and unbeknownst to Sarla and the girls, they meet their mother. Sarla then finds out that Preeta and Srishti are her long lost daughters but decides to keep this a secret. Conflict starts when Srishti idolises Tanu much to Sarla's dislike, this causes many arguments between the sisters and Sarla more especially Shrishti. It is soon revealed to the girls that Sarla is their mom and in time they reconcile their differences.
In the midst of this, two sons of the rich Luthra family, Karan- a cricketer and a ladies man with a huge ego and lots of charm and Rishabh- A kind hearted yet cut throat businessman soon become apart of Preeta's life.
Rishabh and Preeta become good friends as she becomes the physiotherapist to Karan and Rishabh's grandmother. He soon starts developing feelings of Preeta, however through some misunderstanding he becomes engaged to Sherlyn, but still longs for Preeta. Rishabh's always looks after Preeta best interests and always lends her a helping hand.
Karan and Preeta on the other hand always conflict and argue as Preeta finds him to have a huge ego and is quite annoying and Karan sees Preeta as someone's who only talks a lot. Karan and Rishabh's Aunt Kareena hates Preeta as she is often praised in the Luthra house for her hard work , help and good heart,she often tries to get Preeta into trouble. Soon Sherlyn begins to feel threatened by Preeta and starts to plot against her. Srishti conflicts with Sameer Luthra however soon starts developing feelings for him. Preeta starts to fall inlove with Karan and Karan starts developing feelings for her while Rishabh is oblivious to Preeta and his brother’s feelings for each other. Different twists occur when Preeta is engaged to Prithvi, Rishabh is engaged to Sherlyn and Karan is engaged to Monisha.
Rishabh is a reserved person and hesitates to confess to Preeta while on the other hand, Karan is bold and always openly speaks about his attraction to Preeta.
Prithvi and Sherlyn are in relationship and she is pregnant .Prithvi's only intension was to take revenge from Rishabh. And for this purpose he uses Sherlyn as instrument.Prithvi and Sherlyn are still married but they want revenge for stupid reasons.Later Prithvi plans to get Rishabh in jail and his plan succeeded and Preeta and Karan are trying to get Rishabh back from jail.
- Shraddha Arya as Preeta Arora, a professional physiotherapist, daughter of Raghuveer and Sarla Arora, Pragya's younger sister, Srishti and Bulbul's older sister. Prithvi's fiancee.
- Dheeraj Dhoopar as Karan Luthra, a professional cricketer, the youngest son of Mahesh and Rakhi Luthra, Rishabh's younger brother, Ruchika's older brother, Sameer and Kritika's cousin. Manisha's fiance.
- Manit Joura as Rishabh Luthra, owner of a celebrity management firm, the eldest son of Mahesh and Rakhi Luthra, Karan and Ruchika's elder brother, Sameer and Kritika's cousin. Sherlyn's fiancée
- Anjum Fakih as Srishti Arora, a professional interior designer, the fourth-born daughter of Raghuveer and Sarla Arora; Pragya, Bulbul & Preeta's youngest sister.
- Abhishek Kapur as Sameer Luthra, Rishabh, Karan, Ruchika, and Kritika's cousin.
- Ruhi Chaturvedi as Sherlyn Khurana, Rishabh's fianceè and Prithvi's girlfriend (2017–present)
- Sanjay Gagnani as Prithvi Malhotra, Sherlyn's Boyfriend and Preeta's fianceè (2017–present)
- Mahira Sharma as Monisha Sharma (2018-present)
- Supriya Shukla as Sarla Arora, Raghuveer's widow and Prayga, Preeta, Bulbul, Srishti's mother (2017–present)
- Madhu Raja as Daljeet Arora, matriarch of Arora family, grandmother of the four Arora girls and Raghuveer's mother. (2017–present)
- Neelam Mehra as Baani Luthra, matriarch of the Luthra family, Rishabh, Karan, Ruchika, Sameer, and Kritika's grandmother. Mahesh and Kareena's mother and Rakhi's mother-in-law. (2017–present)
- Naveen Saini as Mahesh Luthra, Rakhi's husband, Rishabh, Karan, Sameer and Ruchika's father, and Kareena's older brother. (2017–present)
- Anisha Hinduja as Rakhi Luthra, Mahesh's wife and Rishabh, Karan, Sameer and Ruchika's mother. Kareena's sister-in-law, and Sameer and Kritika's aunt. (2017–present)
- Pyumori Mehta Ghosh/Usha Bachani as Kareena Luthra, Kritika’s mother, Mahesh's younger sister, and Rishabh, Karan, Sameer, and Ruchika's aunt (2017–present)
- Twinkle R Vashist as Kritika Luthra, daughter of Kareena Luthra, and Rishabh, Karan, Sameer, and Ruchika’s cousin. Mahesh's niece and Akshay's fiance. (2017–present)
- Mrinal K Singh as Ruchika "Roo" Luthra, youngest daughter of Mahesh and Rakhi Luthra, Rishabh and Karan’s younger sister, Sameer and Kritika’s cousin, and Kareena's niece. (2017–present)
- Aman Gandhi as Ritvik, Monisha's boyfriend (2018)(dead)
- Rohit Choudhary as Sanjay "Sanju" Thakur, Neil's younger brother. (2017-2018)
- Ashish Malhotra/Mukul Harish as Akshay, Kritika's fiancé. (2017–present)
- Neel Motwani as Neil Thakur, corrupt corporator. (2018)
- Roma Arora as Sofia, Karan's on-off girlfriend (2017)
- Sumit Manak as Salil, Rishabh's assistant (2017)
- Sahel Phull as Deepak, Preeta's ex-fiancé. (2017)
- Hetal Yadav as Deepak's mother. (2017)
- Vijay Kashyap as Raghuveer Arora, Sarla's deceased husband and father of the four Arora girls. (2017)
- Isha Anand Sharma as Tapsee, Prithvi's ex-girlfriend (2018)
- Sriti Jha as Pragya Arora, The eldest of the Arora sisters Abhishek 's wife. (2017–2018)
- Shabbir Ahluwalia as Abhishek "Abhi" Mehra, Preeta and Srishti's brother-in-law and Rishabh's friend. (2017–2018)
- Mishal Raheja as King Singh. (2018)
- Vin Rana as Purab Khanna. (2017–2018)
- Ruchi Savarn as Disha Khanna. (2017–2018)
- Shikha Singh as Aliya Mehra. (2017–2018)
- Leena Jumani as Tanushree Mehta (2017–2018)
- Zareena Roshan Khan as Indu Suri. (2017–2018)
- Daljeet Soundh as Daljeet Mehra. (2017–2018)
|Varun Dhawan||Ganesh Utsav Pooja|
Talking about introducing a spinoff of a popular show on a primetime Deepak Rajadhyaksha, Deputy Business Head of Zee TV, says, "Zee TV has always strived to experiment with formats and bring its viewers unique and fresh content. After the success of Kasamh Se, Pavitra Rishta, Jodha Akhbar, Kumkum Bhagya and Brahmarakshas, we are extremely happy to associate yet again with Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms to bring an innovative narrative Kundali Bhagya. It introduces a new set of characters in an all-new world and will replace our hit primetime show, Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani, which was not only a strong differentiator but met with an overwhelming response and has had a glorious run of two years."
On this, Kapoor said, "Over the last two decades, Balaji Telefilms in collaboration with Zee TV has created some great content. With our new show, Kundali Bhagya, we present a first-of-its-kind concept, an all-new interesting and engrossing show that emerges from the sub-plots of an already existing show. We will introduce Pragya’s sisters Preeta and Shrishti and the Luthra brothers Karan and Rishabh. We’re hopeful that the audience will fall in love with each of these endearing characters as we have gone through hundreds of auditions before locking the impressive young talent. The writing for this show is extremely strong in terms of characterisation and the engaging screenplay should leave audiences hooked at the end of every episode." Kundali Bhagya was dubbed into Zee Telugu as Mangalya Bagyam. With the show being a big success, it is airing in Indonesia under the name of "Takdir Lonceng Cinta".
Kundali Bhagya in its debut week was the fourth-watched television show in the twenty eighth week (8–14 July) of 2017 in India with 5796 Urban and 4064 Rural Impressions.
In the thirty second week of 2017 (5–11 August), the soap opera became the second most-watched television show in India with 10498 Impressions (Urban+Rural) In Week 33 (12–19 August) 2017, the soap opera saw a dip in the ratings thereby recording 10097 Impressions (Urban+Rural) but still was the third most-watched television show in India. In Week 34, 2017 the soap opera further fell to 9691 Impressions but still was the fifth most watched show during the week.
In Week 37, 2017 (9–15 September), the soap opera show a jump in ratings and recorded its highest since debut, 10940 Impressions (Urban+Rural) thereby becoming the second most-watched show in India for the week, the first being its sister show Kumkum Bhagya. In Week 40, 2017 (30 September – 6 October), the soap opera recorded 11216 Impressions (Urban+Rural) and continued to be the second most watched show in India for the week.
In November Kundali Bhagya took the top spot and maintained it in November and December 2017. The show topped TRP charts in January 2018 with staggering 7889 viewership in urban markets. The show got 12.5 million viewership in all India.
After topping the charts continuously for six months with minor exceptions wherein the show stay put in top 5; its first spot was taken by Colors' Naagin 3. After some time, rival show Yeh rishta kya kehlata hai regained its slot leadership and became constantly the second most watched in India,and Kundali Bhagya was out of top 5. However, just in following week, it regained its numbers, non-influenced by increased viewership of rival show, It came back on third spot.
The series was released on 12 July 2017 on Zee TV. The series also airs on Zee TV HD and Zee TV Asia. The show is also broadcast internationally on the latter's international distribution. It airs in U.K., U.S., Malaysia, Canada, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, Ireland, South Africa, Indonesia, Chile, Philippines, Ghana, and Singapore on Zee TV Worldwide.
|Worldwide||Zee TV||Kundali Bhagya||Hindi|
|India||Zee Anmol||Kundali Bhagya||Hindi|
|India||Zee Telugu||Mangalam Bhagya||Telugu|
|South Africa||Zee World||This Is Fate||English|
|Sri Lanka||Hiru TV||Adarei Man Adarei||Sinhala|
|Mauritius||MBC Digital 4||Kundali Bhagya||Hindi|
|Indonesia||Antv||Takdir Lonceng Cinta||Indonesian|
|Ghana||Adom TV||Kumkum Kundali Bhagya||Akan|
|Pakistan||Geo Kahani||Kundali Bhagya||Hindi|
Awards and nominations
|2017||Zee Rishtey Awards||Favorite Naya Sadasya (Male)||Dheeraj Dhoopar||Won|||
|Favorite Popular Character (Female)||Shraddha Arya|
|Favorite Naya Sadasya (Female)||Nominated|||
|Favorite Popular Character (Male)||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Favorite Jodi||Shraddha Arya & Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Favorite Dharavahik||Ekta Kapoor|
|2018||Kalakar Awards||Best Actress||Shraddha Arya||Won|||
|Best TV Show||Ekta Kapoor|
|Gold Awards||Best Actress (Popular)||Shraddha Arya||Won|
|Best Actress in Supporting Role (Popular)||Anjum Fakih|
|Best Actor in Supporting Role (Popular)||Manit Joura|
|Best Actress in Negative Role (Popular)||Ruhi Chaturvedi||Nominated|
|Best Actor in Negative Role (Popular)||Sanjay Gagnani|
|Best Actor (Popular)||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Best Television Show (Popular)||Ekta Kapoor|
|Zee Rishtey Awards||Favorite Popular Face (Male)||Dheeraj Dhoopar||Won|||
|Favorite Popular Face (Female)||Shraddha Arya|
|Favorite Bhai||Manit Joura|
|Favorite Khalnayak Jodi||Ruhi Chaturvedi & Sanjay Gagnani|
|Favorite Dharavahik||Ekta Kapoor|
|Favorite Jodi||Dheeraj Dhoopar & Shraddha Arya||Nominated|||
|Favorite Parivaar||Ekta Kapoor|
|Social Swagger of the Year||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actress In A Negative Role||Ruhi Chaturvedi||Nominated|||
|Best Actor In A Negative Role||Sanjay Gagnani|
|Telebration Awards||Best Actor||Dheeraj Dhoopar||Nominated|||
|Best Actress||Shraddha Arya|
|Best Jodi||Dheeraj Dhoopar & Shraddha Arya|
|Best Show||Ekta Kapoor|
|2019||TV Summit Awards||Most Popular Show (Fiction)||Ekta Kapoor||Nominated|||
|Most Popular Special Integration (Fiction)||Won|||
|Prime Time Hero of the Year||Dheeraj Dhoopar|
|Prime Time Heroine of the Year||Shraddha Arya|
- "Kundali Bhagya: Ekta Kapoor reveals the reason behind doing a spinoff of Kumkum Bhagya - Times of India".
- <Ekta Kapoor's new fiction show Kundali Bhagya becomes the biggest weekday launch since 2016
- "Zee Launches spinoff of Kumkum Bhagya, Kundali Bhagya".
- Team, Tellychakkar. "BARC India Ratings: 28 WEEK 2017".
- Chauhan, Soumyata. "BARC Report Week 32, 2017: Kundali Bhagya and Shakti-Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki knock out Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai from top 5".
- Team, Tellychakkar. "BARC India Ratings: Week 33 (2017)".
- Team, Tellychakkar. "BARC India Ratings: Week 34 (2017)".
- Iyengar, Anusha. "BARC report week 37, 2017: Amitabh Bachchan's Kaun Banega Crorepati 9 and Kumkum Bhagya are ahead in the game".
- "BARC TRP ratings week 40 Kaun Banega Crorepati 9 Kundali Bhagya Bigg Boss 11 top ten shows- News Nation". www.newsnation.in.
- "Dheeraj Dhoopar starrer Kundali Bhagya becomes the biggest weekday launch since 2017 - Times of India".
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2017: Sriti Jha, Karanvir Bohra and other actors who won big. See photos". 11 September 2017.
- "Zee Rishtey Awards 2017 Nomination List: Kumkum Bhagya's Sriti-Shabbir & Others Nominated…". 31 August 2017.
- "Kolkata celebrates 26th Annual Kalakar Awards amidst glitz and glamour - -::Holly Bolly Tolly::-". hollybollytolly.com.
- Zee Rishtey Awards 2018 Winners List: Sriti-Shabbir, Shraddha-Dheeraj win top honours
- Nominations of Zee Rishtey Awards, 2018
- "Nomination List: 18th Indian Television Academy Awards, 2018".
- "Nomination List: Saas Bahu Aur Saazish Telebrations Awards, 2018".
- List of nominees: IWMBUZZ TV-Video Summit Awards
http://epaper.prabhatkhabar.com/c/32552533 Prabhat Bandhulya as script writer