Morgan Sindall Group
|Public (LSE: MGNS)|
|Industry||Construction, Civil engineering|
|Revenue||£2,219.8 million (2014)|
|£28.9 million (2014)|
|£18.0 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|circa 6,400 (2012)|
The Company was founded by John Morgan and Jack Lovell in 1977 and was initially based at Golden Square in Soho. The Company secured a listing on the London Stock Exchange in 1994 when it entered into a reverse takeover of William Sindall plc.
William Sindall was a very old established and hugely respected name in the construction industry. William Sindall was established in the 1860s and was renowned for his quality work for the University of Cambridge. In 1988 William Sindall had acquired Hinkins & Frewin, a company established in 1847 and with a similar reputation for work for the University of Oxford, to create a truly Oxbridge construction group. The business was regionally based and apart from offices in Oxford and Cambridge, it also had offices in Fareham, Banbury, London and Norwich.
In 1998, Morgan Sindall bought Lovell Partnerships for £15m from the financially stretched Lovell Group. The business was one of the largest partnership housing operations in the country, and it also contained a private housebuilding division.
Morgan Sindall Group is a UK construction and regeneration group employing circa 5,700 people and operating in the public and commercial sectors. It operates through five divisions of construction and infrastructure, fit out, affordable housing, urban regeneration and investments.
- "Preliminary Results 2014". Morgan Sindall. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Morgan Sindall Group plc". morgansindall.com. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "About us". morgansindall.co.uk. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- Sindall marries into success The Independent, 20 August 1995
- William Sindall plc acquires Hinkins & Frewin Group Ltd Reuters, 1 July 1988
- Wellings, Fred: Dictionary of British Housebuilders (2006) Troubador. ISBN 978-0-9552965-0-5
- Morgan Sindall buys Amec's ailing construction business Building, 4 June 2007
- Morgan Sindall buys Connaught social housing arm, saves 2,500 jobs Daily Telegraph, 10 September 2010