Type of site
|Internet Properties Established in 2008, Online Video|
|Owner||The E.W. Scripps Company|
|Slogan(s)||News with the why|
Newsy is a video news network that produces short-form video news pieces that provide breaking news and updates across U.S. and world news, policy and politics, science and health, entertainment, technology, business and sports. Newsy was founded by Jim Spencer in 2008 and acquired by the E.W. Scripps Company for $35 million on January 1, 2014. Today it is a wholly owned subsidiary of the E.W. Scripps Company.
Newsy is headquartered in Columbia, Missouri. It has four other U.S.-based offices in Cincinnati, Chicago, New York, and Washington, D.C.
In 2016, Newsy launched its Brand Studio, which offers brands and agencies native video advertising that supplement Newsy's pre-roll and mid-roll video advertising.
- "Scripps acquires Newsy and its prescient founder for $35 million".
- "How Newsy hopes to build a cable-like news network for millennials". Digiday. November 11, 2015.
- "2015 Edward R. Murrow Awards".
- "Newsy establishes office in Washington, D.C., premieres 2016 campaign finance interactive".
- "NewFronts 2016: Newsy Launching Original Series".