|Compatible networks||GSM 850/1800/1900 MHz|
|Related||Nokia 6600 |
|Dimensions||109 x 58 x 23.6 mm|
|Operating system||Series 60/Symbian OS|
|Removable storage||MMC (32 MB included)|
|Battery||BL-5C, 3.7v, 850mAh Li-ion|
|Display||176 x 208 pixel 65,536 colors|
|Rear camera||0.3 Megapixels 640x480 VGA|
|Connectivity||IrDA, Bluetooth, USB|
It is a version of Nokia's 6600 smartphone for the North American market, with all the features of the 6600 such as the VGA camera, MultiMediaCard slot, Bluetooth and color screen, but with a change to the North American GSM frequencies, newer version of Nokia Series 60 v2 with Feature Pack 1 (the original 6600 had common Series 60 v2 without Feature Packs), the doubling of internal RAM, the addition of Nokia's new Pop-Port connector, the inclusion of stereo sound, and a new EDGE capability, effectively giving it double the download speeds of contemporary General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)-equipped phones.
- 65,000 color screen
- VGA camera for pictures and video
- GSM voice communication (850 MHz, 1800 MHz and 1900 MHz)
- GPRS and EDGE data communication
- Bluetooth, infrared and USB connectivity
- Support for SMS, MMS and email messages
- Multiple mailboxes for remote email downloads
- Web browsing for WAP and HTTP websites
- 12 megabytes internal memory
- MMC expansion slot supporting up to 2 gigabytes
- Hands-free speakerphone
- Multiple ringtones included with space for more
- Usual software including calendar, calculator, wallet, messaging, voice recorder, phone book, gallery, notes
- Symbian and Java support for applications and games
- Instant Messaging (IM) support
- RealPlayer included for audio and video playback
- Full MP3 support, including saved playlists
- Stereo audio playback using Nokia stereo headphones or Nokia AD-15 3.5mm stereo headphone adapter (the 6600 is mono-only)
The EDGE capability allows the 6620 to play streaming video, so that users may view video clips that are not stored on the phone itself. The phone also supports downloading smart messages from the network, if supported by the network operator, to update settings.
The main CPU in this phone is an ARM925t-compatible chip running at 150 MHz while the 6600 only runs at 104 MHz. The camera supports resolutions up to 640x480 and has a 2x digital zoom. It can record video for up to 10 minutes. The RealPlayer software can play back video and audio, and also files in MP3 and AVI format. The talk time is listed at 4 hours, with 200 hours of standby.
- "Device Details - Nokia 6620". Forum.nokia.com. Retrieved 2010-11-16.