Nokia Lumia 930
|Slogan||One experience. Windows on your phone.|
|Compatible networks||GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 |
|First released||July 4, 2014|
|Discontinued||June 25, 2015UK|
|Predecessor||Nokia Lumia 920 |
Nokia Lumia 925
|Successor||Microsoft Lumia 950|
|Related||Nokia Lumia 530|
Nokia Lumia 630
Nokia Lumia 730
Nokia Lumia 830
Nokia Lumia 1520
Nokia Lumia Icon
|Dimensions||137 mm (H) |
71 mm (W)
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8.1 Windows 10 Mobile|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 800|
|CPU||2.2 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 330|
|Storage||32 GB internal flash|
|Battery||Integrated 2420 mAh Li-poly battery with Qi wireless charging|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, proximity sensor, 3D-Accelerometer|
|Display||5" 1080P with Gorilla Glass 3 |
|Rear camera||20 megapixels 1080p Full 4K video capture @ 30fps with focal length of 26mm|
|Front camera||720p (HD, 1280 x 720)|
|Website||Nokia Lumia 930|
The Nokia Lumia 930 is a high-end smartphone developed by Nokia that runs Microsoft's Windows Phone 8.1 operating system. It was announced on April 2, 2014 at Microsoft Build 2014 and was released in April 2014 as Nokia's (and later Microsoft Mobile's) flagship. It is the last high-end Nokia-branded Lumia device and succeeded by the Microsoft-branded Lumia 950 and its XL equivalent.
The Nokia Lumia Icon, which is exclusive to Verizon Wireless in the United States, is essentially a derivative of the Lumia 930. The two versions share a common design and specifications; the only hardware difference is that the 930 is equipped with GSM radios and available as both carrier-locked and unlocked versions, while the Icon has both GSM and CDMA radios and is always sold unlocked. The other difference is that the 930 was originally pre-loaded with the newer Windows Phone 8.1 rather than the previous-generation Windows Phone 8 Update 3 on the Icon.
Neither the 930 nor the Icon have the Glance feature, which displays the time and other selectable information on the display of an otherwise sleeping phone. While other contemporary Nokia smartphones have Glance, the 930 and Icon do not because their displays lack the necessary "display memory" feature.
The Lumia 930 has a 5.0-inch AMOLED display, quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400 Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage. The phone has a 2420 mAh Li-Ion battery, 20 MP rear camera and 1.2 MP front-facing camera. It is available in orange, green, white, black and gold.
The Lumia 930 ships with Windows Phone 8.1.
Some handsets experience heat and battery drain issues.
Some handsets have had a display discoloration issue, when the device came out.
A significant number of Lumia 930 users have reported an issue with the operation of the audio microphones, where handsfree calls and video recordings have very low audio levels. This has been confirmed to be caused by a motherboard fault. There have been a number of reports of this being a software issue introduced with Windows 10, though this is incorrect as the issue is also reported with Windows 8.1, including pre-Denim releases. A workaround for Lumia 930 users experiencing this issue is to use ear buds that have a microphone included when doing handsfree calls and video recordings. Microsoft provides LumiaPhoneTestApplicationInstaller.exe, with which every microphone can be tested for its own.
Vienna State Opera at night, shot with a Nokia Lumia 930
- "Detailed specifications for the Nokia Lumia 930".
- "Nokia Lumia 930 no longer available at Microsoft Store UK - MSPoweruser". wmpoweruser.com. 25 June 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "How to update your older Windows Phone to Windows 10 Mobile". windowscentral.com. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Cnet – Nokia Lumia 930 debuts with HD display, quad-core chops, and Windows 8.1". CBS Interactive.
- "The Nokia Lumia Icon and 930 do not have Glance, here's why". windowscentral.com. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Lumia 930 Specifications". GSMArena. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- "Nokia Lumia 930 experiencing heat and battery drain issues – Inferse". inferse.com. 21 July 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Microsoft reportedly working on a fix for Lumia 930 display woes". windowscentral.com. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "Severe W10 mobile audio bug affecting Lumia 930 remains not fixed since many months • r/windowsphone". reddit. Retrieved 11 April 2018.