Nokia 3310 (2017)
Front Nokia 3310 2017
|Slogan||The Icon is Back|
|Compatible networks||GSM/TD-SCDMA/LTE-TDD (4G China Mobile (CMCC) version)|
26 February 2017 (2G)|
29 October 2017 (3G)
Nokia 8110 4G
|Form factor||Bar, candybar|
H: 115.6 mm (4.55 in)
W: 51 mm (2.0 in)
D: 12.8 mm (0.50 in)
H: 117 mm (4.6 in)
W: 52.4 mm (2.06 in)
D: 13.35 mm (0.526 in)
79.6 g (2.81 oz) (2G)|
84.9 g (2.99 oz) (3G, Single-SIM)
88.2 g (3.11 oz) (3G, Dual-SIM)
88.1 g (3.11 oz) (4G, CMCC)
Nokia Series 30+ (2G)|
Java-powered Smart Feature OS (3G)
Yun OS (4G, CMCC)
|System on chip||
MediaTek MT6260 (2G)|
Spreadtrum SC7701B (3G)
16 MB (2G version)|
128 MB (3G version)
512 MB (4G, CMCC version)
microSD, up to 32GB (2G and 3G)|
microSD, up to 64GB (4G, CMCC)
1200 mAh Li-ion (removable)|
up to 31 days (2G)
up to 27 days (3G, Single-SIM)
up to 25.3 days (Dual-SIM, non-3G)
up to 24 days (3G, Dual-SIM)
up to 15 days (4G, CMCC, GSM-only)
up to 12 days (4G, CMCC, TD-SCDMA or LTE-VoLTE)
|Data inputs||Alphanumeric keypad|
|Display||2.4 in (61 mm) 240×320 QVGA TFT LCD|
|Rear camera||2 MP with LED flash|
|Sound||Vibration, MIDI ringtones|
Nokia 3310 (2G)|
Nokia 3310 Dual-SIM (2G)
Nokia 3310 3G
Nokia 3310 4G (CMCC)
Nokia 3310 (2017) is a Nokia-branded mobile phone developed by HMD Global. It was announced on 26 February 2017 at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 in Barcelona, Spain, as a revival of the original Nokia 3310 that was produced from early-to-mid-2000s. An improved model with 3G support was released on 29 October 2017.
On 14 February 2017, it was reported that a modernised version of the 3310 would be unveiled at the 2017 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona by HMD Global Oy, a Finnish manufacturer with rights to market phones under the Nokia brand, with the price point of 59 euros. On 26 February 2017, the modernised version of the 3310 was relaunched at a price of €49.
The initial 3310 release only came with support for 2G networks, which led to criticism especially as a number of countries, including the United States, Australia and Singapore were in the process of phasing out their 2G networks; an improved variant of the phone with support for 3G networks was later announced by HMD, released on 29 October 2017.
Functions and design
The 3310 has functions like an FM radio, the Opera Mini web browser, a voice recorder, and a 2-megapixel camera with flash for photos and video recording. The flash LED doubles as a flashlight. Certain models have Bluetooth 3.0 and a dual-SIM tray. The display has a polarized layer for outdoor use.
The original Snake game has been replaced by Gameloft's Snake Xenzia with updated modes and graphics. It is also possible to sideload Java-based applications using the .jad and .jar format. Available apps are browsers, games, internet radios, etc.
The design of the phone heavily mimics its predecessor both in design and form factor. It comes in two glossy colors, red and yellow, as well as two matte colors similar to the original Nokia 3310: dark blue and grey.
The 3G model has many improvements and changes apart from the 3G radio. The internal storage has been increased to 128 MB from 16 MB, and there are some cosmetic changes, including a new silver keypad. It comes in four new colors: Yellow, Warm Red, Azure and Charcoal, all being matte. The phone's size has slightly increased (by 13.29%) to ergonomically make typing on the keyboard easier. The 3G radio has reduced battery talk time, but slightly increased standby time. All 3310 3G versions support Bluetooth 2.1.
On the software side, the 3310 3G also runs an upgraded operating system that HMD have called "Smart Feature OS" powered by Java. Its appearance is similar to the Series 30+ as on the 2G version, but has a new customizable interface.
A 4G version was released in late January 2018 in China in partnership with China Mobile. It runs YunOS, an incompatible fork of AOSP (Android), and can create WiFi hotspots using the LTE data connection. Internal storage has been increased to 512 MB, and 64 GB memory cards are now supported. 
The Russian manufacturer of smartphones has developed the model of Nokia 3310 with gold plated cover and titanium back engraved with Vladimir Putin and Donal Trumps image.the phone will be available from July 27, 2018.
The new 3310 received mixed reviews. CNet praised the phone's battery life, price, and durability, but Techradar and The Guardian said the device lacks much of the utility to which modern users have become accustomed One consensus among most reviewers was the nostalgia of playing the iconic Snake game.
|Variant||Model Number||Supported Network||Number of SIM card suported||Platform||SOC||Source|
|Nokia 3310||TA-1008||GSM 900/1800||1||Series 30+||MT6260|||
|Nokia 3310 Dual SIM||TA-1030||GSM 900/1800||2||Series 30+||MT6260|||
|Nokia 3310 3G||TA-1022||GSM 900/1800, WCDMA band 1/8||1||Feature OS||SC7701B|||
|Nokia 3310 3G (Dual SIM)||TA-1006||GSM 900/1800, WCDMA band 1/8||2||Feature OS||SC7701B|||
|Nokia 3310 3G (Quad band)||TA-1036||GSM 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA band 1/2/5/8||1||Feature OS||SC7701B|| |
|Nokia 3310 4G||TA-1077||GSM 850/900/1800/1900, TD-SCDMA band 34/39, LTE-TDD band 38/39/40/41||1||YunOS||SC9820A|||
- "The iconic Nokia 3310, updated". www.nokia.com.
- "A classic, reimagined". www.nokia.com.
- Blass, Evan (13 February 2017). "HMD Global will launch the Nokia 3, 5, and 6 at MWC, plus a 3310 homage". VentureBeat. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- Haynes, Gavin (15 February 2017). "The Nokia 3310: it's back, it's indestructible and it's got Snake". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 15 February 2017.
- Kelion, Leo (26 February 2017). "Nokia 3310 mobile phone resurrected at MWC 2017". BBC. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Jager, Chris (27 February 2017). "The Nokia 3310 Is Back (With Snake): But When Is It Coming To Australia?". Lifehacker. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "AT&T 2G network shutdown". AT&T. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Goodbye 2G". Singtel. Retrieved 5 March 2017.
- Cosmin V. (28 September 2017). "Nokia 3310 3G officially introduced, coming to the US and other territories from mid-October". PhoneArena. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "Nokia 3310 (2017) - Full phone specifications". GSMArena. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "Nokia 3310 - the original mobile phone, updated". Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "Nokia 3310 3G - for the originals". Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- "The Nokia 3310 3G is official. #Nokia3310 #HMDGlobal". 28 September 2017.
- Brown, Aaron (29 September 2017). "Nokia 3310 3G fixes one of its biggest flaws: Here's the UK release date, price, features".
- "HMD's revived Nokia 3310 classic mobile gets 3G – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com.
- "#Nokia 3310 3G passes Bluetooth SIG (TA-1006/1022/1036)". 2 October 2017.
- "The iconic Nokia 3310 now comes with 3G network capability". 28 September 2017.
- "Nokia 3310 4G can make an LTE-powered Wi-Fi hotspot".
- "A new version of the Nokia 3310 is coming with 4G". January 2018.
- "4G era new style". January 2018.
- Sputnik. "Legendary Nokia 3310 Gets New Design Dedicated to Putin-Trump Meeting (PHOTO)". sputniknews.com. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "HMD: Nokia 3310 (2017) enjoying great demand globally. Sold out in many markets". 2 June 2017.
- McGoogan, Cara (7 March 2017). "Nokia 3310 demand 'astonishing', says Carphone Warehouse" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Nokia 3310: Bare bones and lovin' it". 3 June 2017.
- "New Nokia 3310 (2017) review".
- Gibbs, Samuel (19 May 2017). "Nokia 3310 review: blast from the past, sore thumbs and all". the Guardian.
- JerryRigEverything Durability Test (YouTube video)