This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|First released||13 June 2017|
|Successor||Nokia 3.1 / Nokia 3 (2018)|
|Dimensions||143.4 mm (5.65 in) H|
71.4 mm (2.81 in) W
8.48 mm (0.334 in) D
8.68 mm (0.342 in) D (including camera bump)
|Operating system||Original: Android 7.1.1 "Nougat"|
Current: Android 9 "Pie"
|System on chip||MediaTek MT6737|
|CPU||Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53|
|Removable storage||microSDXC, expandable up to 256 GB|
|Battery||2,630 mAh Non-removable, Li-ion|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch screen|
Ambient light sensor
|Display||5.0 in (130 mm) diagonal IPS LCD, with scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass|
16:9 aspect ratio
|Rear camera||8 MP AF, 1.12 µm pixel size, f/2 aperture, LED Flash|
|Front camera||8 MP AF, 1.12 µm, f/2 aperture, FOV 84 degrees|
|Sound||3.5 mm jack Single speaker|
|Connectivity||Micro USB (USB 2.0), USB OTG, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC|
Nokia 3 is currently the second-most affordable smartphone by HMD. It launched with Android Noguat 7.1.1 and has been updated to Android Pie 9.0. The phone uses a MediaTek system on a chip MT6737, and features a polycarbonate back shell with a metal frame; a similar styling cue as the Nokia Lumia 925.
HMD is providing monthly software updates to the phone to help keep users secure.
Due to the relatively affordable price, Nokia 3 is seen as a spiritual successor to the Nokia X family that was released back in 2014.
The Nokia 3 has a 5.0-inch LTPS IPS LCD display, Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 Mediatek MT6737 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that can be expanded using microSD cards up to 256 GB. The phone has a 2630 mAh Li-Ion battery, 8 MP rear camera with LED flash and 8 MP front-facing camera with auto-focus. It is available in Silver White, Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Copper White colors.
Nokia 3 is shipped with Android 7.0 Nougat and is upgradable to Android 9.0 Pie. In 2018 HMD GLOBAL reported one more year of support for all its android devices.
Oreo beta was available for Nokia 3 from February 26, 2018. Final Oreo release for Nokia 3 came on April 12, 2018.
On December 20, 2018, Nokia published the update to Oreo 8.1.
On June 3, 2019, Nokia published the update to Pie 9.0.
- "Nokia 3". Nokia. Retrieved 11 June 2018.
- Sarvikas, Juho (2019-06-03). "The wait is over! Keeping up with our promise of 2 years of Android updates, Nokia 3 (2017) is now officially running on Android 9 Pie! Step up to Nokia smartphones, they Just Keep Getting Better! #GetSmart #Nokiamobilepic.twitter.com/Xz1JXt2Cet". @sarvikas. Retrieved 2019-06-03.
- Abner, Li (26 February 2017). "Nokia announces 3 Android phones w/ Google Assistant, promise of stock OS, fast updates". 9to5 Google. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- "Nokia 3 Specifications". GSM Arena. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- Burduli, George (21 Dec 2018). "Nokia 3 is now receiving the Android 8.1 Oreo update". xda-developers. Retrieved 27 Dec 2018.
- "Nokia 6, 5 and 3 launched in India: Price, specs and availability". The Economic Times. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- "HMD Global launches Nokia 3, 5, and 6 in India". Android Police. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Hall, Chris. "Nokia confirms UK release dates and prices for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6". Pocket-lint. Pocket-lint Limited. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|