GSM 800/900/1800/1900 MHzTri Band UMTS/HSPDA/HSUPA/850/1900/2100 MHz (North American version)
|Availability by country||November 2009|
|Dimensions||114 x 59.5 x 10.1 mm|
|Weight||128 g (with battery)|
|Operating system||S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 UI on Symbian OS v9.3|
|CPU||600 MHz ARM11 processor|
|Memory||250 MiB internal user storage
ROM: 512 MiB
SDRAM: 128 MiB
~45 MiB free executable RAM
|Removable storage||MicroSDHC Hot-swappable, support for up to 32GiB|
|Battery||BP-4L, 3.7V 1,500 mAh lithium-polymer|
|Data inputs||QWERTY thumb keyboard,
optical navigation key
|Display||320×240 px (0.1 megapixels), 2.36 in, up to 16.7 million colours|
|Rear camera||5-megapixel (2592 x 1944 pixels) with autofocus and LED flash|
|Connectivity||WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g,
Integrated & Assisted GPS,
3.5 mm audio jack
|Other||FOTA (Firmware update over the air)
ambient light sensor
The Nokia E72 is a smartphone from the Nokia Eseries range manufactured in Finland. It is the successor to the Nokia E71 and is based on a similar design and form factor, and offers a similar feature set. The Nokia E72 is an enterprise-based smartphone (as all Nokia Eseries devices) and has standard features including mobile email, calendar and instant messaging among many others.
The Nokia E72 has a new Optical Navi Key feature in addition to the standard D-pad used on many other Nokia devices including the Nokia E71 – this is said to improve the ease of scrolling through menus, emails, Internet browser, and images as it is an optical sensor in addition to a series of closely spaced buttons. In comparison to its predecessor, the Nokia E72 is said to have a higher level of performance (likely due to the faster 600 MHz ARM processor) and also includes a 5-megapixel auto focusing camera. Other changes and improvements are software-based including changes to the user interface and built-in messaging application among others.
The Nokia E72 was announced on June 15, 2009 at the Nokia Connections 2009 event in Singapore.
The Nokia E73 Mode is a USA phone for T-Mobile USA, with support for T-Mobile's UMA service and Band IV support for 3G. It is a different piece of hardware internally from the E72
The current firmware of this device is 91.004 published on 2 June 2012 (to check the current firmware *#0000#).
Features and enhancements from E71
- Modified design and look compared to E71.
- Symbian OS 9.3, Series 60 v3.2 UI, Feature Pack 2.
- Optical navi key, along with the conventional D-Pad
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Ovi Maps with free lifetime drive and walk voice assisted navigation
- Lifetime free Nokia Messaging service (discontinued)
- Use of front-facing camera (video call, VGA snapshots and QCIF videos for 15 seconds)
- USB charging
- Magnetometer sensor and digital compass
- RDS support
- uPnP media streaming support (not present on E73)
- UMA (E73)
- 3.5 mm jack in contrast to the 2.5 mm jack used in the E71.
- 12 hours of talktime (2G) instead of the E71's 10 hours (2G).
- Tri-band UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA instead of dual-band
- HSDPA support of up to 10.2 Mbit/s instead of 3.6
- Added HSUPA at 2.0 Mbit/s
- Improved CPU clock speed from 369 MHz to 600 MHz
- Real time Push e-mail HTML
- Improved reception from the E71's fluctuating signal reception
- 5-megapixel camera (up from 3.2)
- VGA at 15 frame/s (E72) rather than QVGA at 15 frame/s (E71)
- Added flashlight feature
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nokia E72.|