|Compatible networks||GSM 800/900/1800/1900 MHz Tri Band UMTS/HSPDA/HSUPA/850/1900/2100 MHz (North American version)|
|Availability by Region||November 2009|
Nokia 6720 classic
|Dimensions||114 x 59.5 x 10.1 mm|
|Mass||128 g (with battery)|
|Operating system||S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 UI on Symbian OS v9.3|
|CPU||600 MHz ARM11 processor|
|Memory||250 MiB internal user storage|
ROM: 512 MiB
SDRAM: 128 MiB
~45 MiB free executable RAM
|Removable storage||MicroSDHC Hot-swappable, support for up to 32GiB|
|Battery||BP-4L, 3.7V 1,500 mAh lithium-polymer|
|Data inputs||QWERTY thumb keyboard,|
optical navigation key
|Display||320×240 px (0.1 megapixels), 2.36 in, up to 16.7 million colours|
|Rear camera||5-megapixel (2592 x 1944 pixels) with autofocus and LED flash|
|Connectivity||WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g,|
Integrated & Assisted GPS,
3.5 mm audio jack
|Other||FOTA (Firmware update over the air)|
ambient light sensor
The Nokia E72 is a smartphone from the Nokia Eseries range manufactured in Finland. The Nokia E72 was announced on June 15, 2009 at the Nokia Connections 2009 event in Singapore. It is the successor to the Nokia E71 and is based on a similar design and form factor, and offers a similar feature set. The Nokia E72 is a business-oriented phone (as all Eseries devices) and has standard features including mobile email, calendar and instant messaging among many others with its Symbian-based S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 operating system.
The Nokia E72 has a new Optical Navi Key feature in addition to the standard D-pad used on many other Nokia devices including the Nokia E71 – this is said to improve the ease of scrolling through menus, emails, Internet browser, and images as it is an optical sensor in addition to a series of closely spaced buttons. In comparison to its predecessor, the Nokia E72 is said to have a higher level of performance (likely due to the faster 600 MHz ARM processor) and also includes a 5-megapixel auto focusing camera. Other changes and improvements are software-based including changes to the user interface and built-in messaging application among others.
The current firmware of this device is 91.004 published on 2 June 2012 (to check the current firmware, one may dial *#0000#).
The Vertu Constellation Quest from 2010 is based on the E72 design.
Features and enhancements from E71
- Symbian OS 9.3, Series 60 v3.2 UI, Feature Pack 2.
- Optical navi key, along with the conventional D-Pad
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Ovi Maps with free lifetime drive and walk voice assisted navigation
- Lifetime free Nokia Messaging service (discontinued)
- Use of front-facing camera (video call, VGA snapshots and QCIF videos for 15 seconds)
- USB charging
- Magnetometer sensor and digital compass
- RDS support
- uPnP media streaming support (not present on E73)
- UMA (E73)
- Modified design and look compared to E71.
- 3.5 mm jack in contrast to the 2.5 mm jack used in the E71.
- 12 hours of talktime (2G) instead of the E71's 10 hours (2G).
- Tri-band UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA instead of dual-band
- HSDPA support of up to 10.2 Mbit/s instead of 3.6
- Added HSUPA at 2.0 Mbit/s
- Improved CPU clock speed from 369 MHz to 600 MHz
- Real time Push e-mail HTML
- Improved reception from the E71's fluctuating signal reception
- 5-megapixel camera (up from 3.2)
- VGA at 15 frame/s (E72) rather than QVGA at 15 frame/s (E71)
- New flashlight feature (it can be activated by holding down the space bar)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nokia E72.|