Nokia 7 Plus
Nokia 7 Plus
|Slogan||A phone you can rely on|
|First released||2018 March|
|Operating system||Original: Android 8.1 "Oreo"|
Current: Android 10
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 660|
|Memory||4 or 6 GB LPDDR4 RAM[note 1]|
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 256 GB|
|Battery||3,800 mAh Li-Po, non-removable|
|Display||6" 2160 x 1080 IPS LCD with Gorilla Glass 3 protection|
|Rear camera||12 MP (f/1.75, 1.4 µm),+ 13 MP ZEISS optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, video recording 2160p at 30fps|
|Front camera||16 MP|
The Nokia 7 Plus is a Nokia-branded upper-mid-range smartphone running the Android operating system. It was announced on 25 February 2018, along with four other Nokia-branded phones. Its original price tag was announced as EUR€399.
As the Nokia 7 Plus is an Android One device, it runs a "stock" version of the Android operating system. It originally shipped with Android 8.0 Oreo; however, an update to Android 8.1 Oreo was released soon after for the device.
On 8 May 2018, it was announced that the Nokia 7 Plus would be one of seven non-Google smartphones to receive the Android Pie beta. On September 28, 2018, the Android Pie update started to roll out to the Nokia 7 Plus in phases, starting in India, and on November 30, 2018 in China.
On January 7 2019, Android 10 started being rolled out on the Nokia 7 Plus.
The Nokia 7 Plus has a 6.0-inch LTPS IPS LCD display, Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260) Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage that can be expanded using microSD cards up to 256 GB. The phone has a 3800 mAh Li-Ion battery, 13 MP rear camera with LED flash and 16 MP front-facing camera with auto-focus. It is available in Tempered Black/Copper, White/Copper colors. The phone is designed from a single block of 6000 series aluminium.
The NFC-area on the back of the phone is both smaller and weaker than comparable phones. The NFC area can be found to the left of the camera housing. The development of Nokia 7 plus began as early as 2017 by December 31 of the same year it was ready for release.
Reviews of the Nokia 7 Plus have been largely positive. Critics have liked its large display, battery life, and Android One software. Its design and build quality have also been praised. One reviewer called it the most promising Nokia smartphone "in years". Android Central praised its camera as being "one of the best" in its $400 price category, and added that the 7 Plus is "one of the best phones of the year".
In March 2019, a report by Norwegian state broadcaster NRK found that some Nokia 7 Plus phones sent sensitive unencrypted personal information (including location and serial number) to a domain name controlled by China Telecom, every time the device was booted, and multiple times thereafter. HMD responded to the allegations, stating that carrier activation software intended for a different market was accidentally included in a batch of the devices, but that only "activation data" that could not be used to identify a user was sent and not processed, and that this error was fixed by the February 2019 software patch. Finnish authorities will be investigating this as a violation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- 6 GB version only as TA-1062 model in JD.com and WeChat Mini Program Nokia Mobile Official Mall as China exclusive sales.
- "Nokia 7 Plus with Android One". Nokia. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- PhoneDB. "Nokia 7 Plus Android One Global Dual SIM LTE-A - Device Specs - PhoneDB". Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- PhoneDB. "Nokia 7 Plus Android One Dual SIM TD-LTE IN - Device Specs - PhoneDB". Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- PhoneDB. "Nokia 7 Plus Standard Edition Dual SIM TD-LTE APAC - Device Specs - PhoneDB". Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Nokia 7 Plus 用户指南". Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Nokia 7 Plus User Guide". Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Living with the Nokia 7 Plus: Five things we love — and one we don't". Indian Express. April 7, 2018.
- Winkelman, Steven. "Here are all the Nokia phones HMD Global unveiled at MWC 2018". Digital Trends. Designtechnica Corporation. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Nokia 7 Plus review". Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- Phones, Compare (31 August 2017). "Nokia 7.1 Review". Compare Phones. Retrieved 5 October 2018.
- "Nokia 7 plus review". GSMArena. GSMArena.com. p. 4.
- "Nokia 6 (2018), Nokia 7 Plus Android 8.1 Oreo Update Now Rolling Out in India". Gadgets 360. Red Pixels Ventures Limited. Retrieved 10 May 2018.
- Harish, Jonnalagadda. "Nokia 7 Plus review: Come for the value, stay for the excitement". Android Central. Mobile Nations.
- Schoon, Ben. "Android P Beta available today, landing on non-Pixel devices including Essential Phone, OnePlus 6, Sony Xperia XZ2". 9to5Google.
- "诺基亚7 Plus正式升级安卓9.0 - 诺基亚7 Plus,安卓9.0 - IT之家". www.ithome.com. Retrieved 2018-12-08.
- "Nokia 7 Plus gets Android 10 update with December security patch". Android Central. 2020-01-07. Retrieved 2020-01-17.
- "Nokia 7 plus review". GSMArena. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Nokia 7 Plus". Nokia. HMD Global Oy. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "The tiny NFC area on the Nokia 7 Plus". Ctrl blog. 2018-06-03. Retrieved 2018-06-11.
- "Nokia 7 Plus Review: Beautifully Executed - Trusted Reviews". Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Nokia 7 Plus review: Perfectly balanced value for money phone with no competition in the Rs 25,000 segment- Tech Reviews, Firstpost". Tech2. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "The affordable Nokia 7 Plus simply begs to be held, touched, and used". 18 June 2018. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Nokia 7 Plus review: Come for the value, stay for the excitement". Android Central. 20 April 2018. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- "Finland is investigating Nokia phones sending data to China". Engadget. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- "Nokia 7 Plus Units Sent Data to Chinese Server in 'Error', Says HMD Global". NDTV Gadgets 360. Retrieved 2019-03-21.
- Amadeo, Ron (2019-03-22). "HMD admits the Nokia 7 Plus was sending personal data to China". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
|This mobile phone related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|