|Availability by region||7 February 2011|
Nokia E90 Communicator
|Successor||Nokia 808 PureView|
|Dimensions||123.7 mm (4.87 in) H |
62.4 mm (2.46 in) W
13.6 mm (0.54 in) D
|Mass||176.0 g (6.21 oz)|
|Operating system||Symbian^3 Belle|
|CPU||ARM 11 @ 680 MHz |
|Storage||16 GB external mass storage, 256 MB RAM, 1 GB ROM|
|Display||640 × 360 px (nHD), 4" capacitive, multi-touch ClearBlack AMOLED|
|Rear camera||8 Megapixels (main), 16:9 720p video, 35 FPS. Dual LED flash (can be used as flashlight by holding the Lock key).|
|Front camera||VGA, for video calling|
|SAR||0.56 W/kg (head)|
The Nokia E7-00, also known as Nokia E7, is a business-oriented QWERTY smartphone by Nokia from the Nokia Eseries. It was announced at Nokia World in September 2010 together with the Nokia C6-01 and Nokia C7 and started shipping in February 2011. It is the second phone after the Nokia N8 to be running the Symbian^3 operating system.
When compared with the Nokia N8, it has fixed mass storage of 16GB without a memory card slot, no FM transmitter and a less advanced camera, with Extended Depth of Field, instead of autofocus as in the N8 and the E90. Like the Nokia N8, it comes with an HDMI-out connector and a non-user-replaceable battery that is smaller than the E90's.
Compared to the Nokia N97 mini and E90, the E7-00 has a multitouch capacitive touchscreen. Unlike the N8, N97 mini, and the E90, the E7-00 has an Active-matrix OLED (AMOLED) ClearBlack technology with a slightly lower resolution than the E90. Vlasta Berka, general manager of Nokia Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei, talked about the trend of users who are using their smartphones for business.
- Size: 123.7 mm × 62.4 mm × 13.6 mm (4.87 in × 2.46 in × 0.54 in)
- Weight (with battery): 176 g (6.2 oz)
- Volume: 97.8 cm3 (5.97 cu in)
Keys and input methods
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Home key, power key, lock key, camera key, volume key
- Finger touch support for text input and UI control
- On-screen alphanumeric keypad and full keyboard
- Possibility to use capacitive stylus
- Full screen handwriting recognition
- Handwriting recognition for Chinese
- Anodised aluminium casing available in dark grey, silver white, blue, green and orange
Display and user interface
- Screen size: 4"
- Resolution: 16:9 VGA(640 × 360 pixels) AMOLED
- 16 million colours
- Capacitive touch screen
- Orientation sensor (Accelerometer)
- Compass (Magnetometer)
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light detector
- Up to three customisable home screens: menu, widgets, themes, shortcuts, icons, customisable profiles (with an update of Symbian Belle you got a six home screens with some new and enlarged widgets)
- Ringtones: MP3, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
- Video ringtones
- Themes: wallpapers, screensavers, audio themes & pre-installed themes
- Changeable colour themes
- BL-4D 1,200 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Talk time (maximum):
- GSM up to 540 mins (9 h)
- WCDMA up to 300 mins (5 h)
- Standby time (maximum):
- GSM up to 430 h (17 d, 22 h)
- WCDMA up to 470 h (19 d, 14 h)
- Charging port:
- GPRS/EDGE class B, multislot class 33
- HSDPA Cat9, maximum speed up to 10.2 Mbit/s, HSUPA Cat5 2.0 Mbit/s
- WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Capability to serve as data modem
- Support for Microsoft Outlook synchronisation of contacts, calendar and notes
- Internal memory: 16 GB, not expandable.
- GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- WCDMA 850/900/1700/1900/2100
- Automatic switching between WCDMA and GSM bands
- Flight mode
- Bluetooth 3.0
- High-Speed USB 2.0 (micro USB connector)
- Micro-USB connector and charging
- USB On-the-Go
- Standard 3.5 mm AV connector
- FM Radio
- Built-in wireless b/g/n connectivity adapter
Being one of Nokia's first phone designs without a dedicated connector for charging, the USB connector in the E7 is also used for charging, and is a common point of failure.
- "Nokia E7 shipping today". Nokia Conversations. Nokia. 7 February 2011. Archived from the original on 14 August 2011. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- "Nokia E7 review". Cellphonequick.com. 22 March 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- Litchfield, Steve (16 September 2010). "E7 vs E90: Evaluating the new and old Communicators". All About Symbian. Retrieved 11 February 2011.
- "Nokia E7-00 User Guide" (PDF). Nokia. p. 133. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Nokia Europe – Nokia E7 – Smartphone technical specifications". Nokia. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Nokia expands Symbian^3 family with Nokia E7, Nokia C6-01 and Nokia C7 | Nokia Conversations – The official Nokia Blog". Nokia Conversations. Archived from the original on 7 August 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Anssi Vanjoki – Part 2". YouTube. 14 September 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Nokia Europe – Nokia E7 – Smartphone with touch screen & Qwerty". Nokia. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Nokia E7 vs Nokia N8 – Features Comparison". MyGadgetPlanet. 24 September 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Nokia launch the E7, the next 'Communicator'". All About Symbian. 14 September 2010. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- "Nokia launches E7 business phone in Singapore, available now by". VR-Zone. 23 February 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2011.
- Parkkari, Jani (29 April 2012). "Kansanedustajilta meni hermo: Eduskunnan Nokiat eivät toimi! | Digiuutiset | Iltalehti.fi" [Members of the Parliament lost their nerves: The Parliament's Nokias don't work! | Diginews | Iltalehti.fi] (in Finnish). Iltalehti/Alma Media. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- Tosney, Laura (1 April 2011). "Nokia E7 review | Phone Reviews | TechRadar". TechRadar. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Nokia E7-00 User Guide" (PDF). Nokia. pp. 12–13. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
- "Nokia E7 ♥ Battery Removal & Replacement". YouTube. 10 July 2011. Retrieved 15 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nokia E7-00.|