OpenMandriva Lx 2014 Phosphorus with KDE 4.12 interface
|Developer||OpenMandriva Association and Cooker group|
|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||November 22, 2013|
|Update method||urpmi (command line) and drakrpm (GUI)|
|Platforms||IA-32, x86-64, ARM|
|Kernel type||Monolithic: Linux|
|Default user interface||KDE, LXQt|
|License||Free software (mainly GPL)|
Origin of the distribution
OpenMandriva Lx is a community Linux distribution. Originally an offering of Mandriva Linux, the OpenMandriva product was created in May, 2012, when Mandriva SA avoided bankruptcy by abandoning the development of its consumer product to the Mandriva community. The first stable version (OpenMandriva Lx 2013 "Oxygen") was released in late 2013.
The OpenMandriva Association was established on December 12, 2012 under 1901 French law. It oversees representation of the OpenMandriva Community, a worldwide community of people who are passionate about free software and provide leadership to the creation and dissemination of free code and collaborative content. It manages free software projects including OpenMandriva Lx.
- Mandriva SA official blog: Mandriva Linux will return to the community (17/05/2012)
- Distribution Release: OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 (22/11/2013)
- First Community OpenMandriva Released
- Distrowatch review of OpenMandriva Lx 2013 "Oxygen"
- LinuxBSDos review of OpenMandriva Lx 2013 "Oxygen"
- Linuxed review of OpenMandriva Lx 2013 "Oxygen": Looks awesome but needs to improve functionality and performance
- the Navy Christian review of OpenMandriva Lx 2013 "Oxygen"
- A Breath of Fresh Air with a KDE Soul - OpenMandriva Lx 2014 is burning free!
- Distrowatch Initial impressions of OpenMandriva 2014.0
- Das U Blog review of OpenMandriva Lx 2014 "Phosphorus"
- Hectic Geek: OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0′ Review – Slow to Boot, High Memory Consumption, But Responsive & Easy to Configure
- Gaël Duval: A quick tour of OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 (Phosphorus)
- The Scion is ready!
- Tribute to Mandrake
- Distribution Release: OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2
- OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 Officially Released as a Tribute to Mandrake Linux
- OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 "The Scion" Pays Tribute To Mandrake