OpenMandriva Lx 3.0 Einsteinium with KDE Plasma 5 interface
|Developer||OpenMandriva Association and Cooker group|
|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||November 22, 2013|
|Update method||urpmi (command line) and drakrpm (GUI)|
|Platforms||IA-32, x86-64, ARM, ARMv8-A|
|Kernel type||Monolithic: Linux|
|Default user interface||KDE Plasma 5, KDE Plasma 4, LXQt|
|License||Free software (mainly GPL)|
Origin of the distribution
OpenMandriva Lx is a community Linux distribution. Originally an offering of Mandriva Linux, the OpenMandriva product was created in May, 2012, when Mandriva S.A. avoided bankruptcy by abandoning the development of its consumer product to the Mandriva community. The first stable version (OpenMandriva Lx 2013 "Oxygen") was released in late 2013.
The OpenMandriva Association was established on December 12, 2012 under 1901 French law. It oversees representation of the OpenMandriva Community, a worldwide community of people who are passionate about free software and provide leadership to the creation and dissemination of free code and collaborative content. It manages free software projects including OpenMandriva Lx.
A beta release of OpenMandriva Lx 3.0 has been released in June 2016. The new release comes with significant changes to the core system - among other things, it is the first desktop Linux distribution that is built completely with the Clang compiler instead of gcc.
A stable and final release of OpenMandriva Lx 3.0 has been released in August 2016.
OpenMandriva Lx 3.01 has been released in December 2016.
OpenMandriva Lx 3.02 has been released in June 2017.
OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 has been released in November 2017.
|Version||Release date||End-of-life date||Kernel version|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2013.0||2013-12-22||2014-05-28||3.11.8|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2014.0||2014-05-09||2017-11-21||3.13.11|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2014.1||2014-10-26||2017-11-21||3.15.10|
|Old version, no longer supported: 2014.2||2015-06-29||2017-11-21||3.18.12|
|Older version, yet still supported: 3.0||2016-08-14||N/A||4.6.5|
|Older version, yet still supported: 3.01||2016-12-25||N/A||4.9.0|
|Older version, yet still supported: 3.02||2017-06-21||N/A||4.11.3|
|Current stable version: 3.03||2017-11-21||N/A||4.13.12|
- "Mandriva SA official blog: Mandriva Linux will return to the community". Mandriva. 17 May 2012. Archived from the original on 2015-05-23. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "Distribution Release: OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 )". DistroWatch.
- "First Community OpenMandriva Released".
- "DistroWatch Weekly". DistroWatch.
- "OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 review - LinuxBSDos.com".
- "Linuxed - Exploring Linux distros: OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 Review: Looks awesome but needs to improve functionality and performance".
- "The Navy Christian: OpenMandriva Lx 2013.0 Review".
- ""A Breath of Fresh Air with a KDE Soul"* – OpenMandriva Lx 2014 is burning free!". OpenMandriva Association.
- "DistroWatch Weekly". DistroWatch.
- "Das U-Blog by Prashanth: Review: OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0".
- "'OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0' Review - Slow to Boot, High Memory Consumption, But Responsive & Easy to Configure". 4 May 2014.
- "A quick tour of OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 (Phosphorus)".
- "The Scion is ready! » OMA blog".
- "Tribute to Mandrake » OMA blog".
- "Distribution Release: OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2". DistroWatch.
- Nestor, Marius. "OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 Officially Released as a Tribute to Mandrake Linux".
- "OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 "The Scion" Pays Tribute To Mandrake". Phoronix.
- "OpenMandriva Lx 3.03 - Get it while it's hot! - OpenMandriva". www.openmandriva.org. Retrieved 2017-11-23.