Simpson Desert Regional Reserve
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Simpson Desert Regional Reserve
IUCN category VI (protected area with sustainable use of natural resources)
|Nearest town or city||Oodnadatta|
|Established||24 October 21985|
|Area||29,239.53 km2 (11,289.4 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources|
|Website||Simpson Desert Regional Reserve|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
The Simpson Desert Regional Reserve is a protected area located in the Australian state of South Australia within the gazetted locality of Simpson Desert. The regional reserve is classified as an IUCN Category VI protected area.
- Protected areas of South Australia
- Regional reserves of South Australia
- Regional Reserve (Australia)
- List of largest protected areas in the world
- Simpson Desert
- Simpson Desert Conservation Park
- Simpson Desert Important Bird Area
- Munga-Thirri National Park
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 25 November 2014)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (see 'DETAIL' tab)". CAPAD 2014. Australian Government - Department of the Environment. 2014. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "Search result for "Simpson Desert (LOCB)" (Record no SA0067185) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities", "Place names (gazetteer)" and "Road Labels"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- Simpson Desert Conservation Park and Regional Reserve
- A Review of the Simpson Desert Regional Reserve 1988 - 1998 (pdf) - Department for Environment and Heritage
- Entry for Simpson Desert Regional Reserve on protected planet
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This South Australia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|