Bucks Lake Game Reserve
|Bucks Lake Game Reserve|
|Nearest town or city||Carpenter Rocks|
|Established||25 April 1968|
|Area||1.38 km2 (0.5 sq mi)|
|Visitation||‘less than 10 each year’ (in 2007)|
|Managing authorities||Department for Environment and Water|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Bucks Lake Game Reserve, formerly the Bucks Lake National Park, is a protected area located in the Limestone Coast of South Australia about 40 kilometres (25 miles) south-west of Mount Gambier and immediately east of the township of Carpenter Rocks. The game reserve was originally created as the Bucks Lake National Park in 1968 under the National Parks Act 1966 and was re-proclaimed as a game reserve under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 for the purpose of the conservation of wildlife and management of game. The game reserve is used for duck hunting with species being harvested including grey teal, chestnut teal, Pacific black duck, pink-eared duck and Australian shelduck. Hunting is conducted during a proclaimed open season with hunters requiring to have an ‘endorsed hunting permit’ and only to harvest maximum numbers (i.e. bag limit) of specific species.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Bucks Lake Game Reserve' with the following datasets selected – 'NPW and Conservation Properties', 'Suburbs and Localities', 'Government Towns', 'Hundreds' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. Government of South Australian. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- DeGaris, R.C. (25 April 1968). "NATIONAL PARKS ACT, 1966: HUNDRED OF KONGORONG—BUCKS LAKE NATIONAL PARK" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia. pp. 1296–1297. Retrieved 9 January 2019.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 17 Feb 2014)" (PDF). Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Carpenter Rocks Conservation Park and Bucks Lake Game Reserve Management Plan" (PDF). Department for Environment and Heritage. 2007. pp. 1, 2, 7, 20 & 22. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Bucks Lake Game Reserve". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- "Bucks Lake Game Reserve, Carpenter Rocks Rd, Carpenter Rocks, SA, Australia - listing on the now-defunct Register of the National Estate (Place ID 8267)". Australian Heritage Database. Department of the Environment. 21 October 1980.
|This South Australia protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This protected areas-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|