Monarto Conservation Park
|Monarto Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Murray Bridge |
|Established||15 September 1983|
|Area||2.40 km2 (0.9 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources |
|Website||Monarto Conservation Park|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Monarto Conservation Park is a protected area located in the Australian state of South Australia in the suburb of Monarto South about 53 kilometres (33 mi) south-east of the state capital of Adelaide and about 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) south-west of the town of Murray Bridge.
The conservation park consists of land in sections 495 and 496 in the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Monarto. It was proclaimed under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972 on 15 September 1983.  As of 2016, it covered an area of 2.4 square kilometres (0.93 sq mi).
The above-described land which was previously known as Braendlers Scrub was part of the site for the now-abandoned city of Monarto. The land had been subject to some clearing activity prior to 1983, but was considered in 2000 as having “regenerated well” and was also reported as being “known for its prolific flowering plants.”
Vegetation in the eastern part of the conservation park was surveyed in 1992 and subsequently described as an "Open Mallee" dominated by Eucalyptus incrassata and Eucalyptus socialis over an understorey dominated by Hysterobaeckea behrii. The survey whose site was on a dune crest identified 50 species of native plant and one species of introduced plants within its boundary.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Monarto Conservation Park' with the following datasets selected – 'Suburbs and Localities', 'Government Towns', 'NPW and Conservation Boundaries', 'Roads', 'Recreational Trails' and 'Gazetteer'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- Hemmings, T. (15 September 1983). "NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE ACT, 1972-1981: SECTION 30—CONSTITUTION OF MONARTO CONSERVATION PARK" (PDF). South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian Government. p. 812. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Protected Areas Information System Reserve List" (PDF). Government of South Australia. 14 December 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- Foulkes, J. N.; Gillen, J. S., eds. (2000). A Biological Survey of the Murray Mallee, South Australia (PDF). Biological Survey of South Australia. Adelaide, South Australia: Department for Environment Heritage and Aboriginal Affairs. p. 24.
- "Search result for 'Monarto Conservation Park' with the following layers selected - 'Suburbs', 'Flora Site Locations' and 'NPWSA Reserves (Outlines)'". NatureMaps. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 2 April 2018.
- "Survey site summary for Monarto Conservation Park (Patch Id: 10063)". Western Murray Flats. Government of South Australia. Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. 8 May 1992. Retrieved 2 April 2018.