Beachport Conservation Park
|Beachport Conservation Park|
|Nearest town or city||Beachport|
|Established||1 January 1959|
|Area||8.75 km2 (3.4 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||Department for Environment and Water|
|Website||Beachport Conservation Park|
|See also||Protected areas of South Australia|
Beachport Conservation Park, formerly the Beachport National Park, is a protected area located in the Limestone Coast of South Australia about 80 kilometres (50 miles) north-west of Mount Gambier and immediately north of the township of Beachport.
Land in the conservation park was first acquired protected area status as a reserve created in 1959. Land in Sections 5, 31, 32, 40 and 58 of the cadastral unit of the Hundred of Lake George was proclaimed as the Beachport National Park on 19 September 1968 under the National Parks Act 1966. On 25 September 1969, the national park was proclaimed as a historic reserve under the Aboriginal and Historic Relics Act 1965. On 27 April 1972, the national park was reconstituted as the Beachport Conservation Park under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1972.
- "Terrestrial Protected Areas of South Australia (refer 'DETAIL' tab )". CAPAD 2016. Australian Government, Department of the Environment (DoE). 2016. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- "Search results for 'Beachport Conservation Park' with the following datasets selected – 'Suburbs and Localities', 'NPW and Conservation Properties' and 'Water Bodies'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian Government. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "Protected Areas Information System - reserve list (as of 17 Feb 2014)" (PDF). Department of Environment Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Beachport Conservation Park". Gazetteer of Australia online. Geoscience Australia, Australian Government.
- "Beachport Conservation Park Management Plan". National Parks and Wildlife Service, Department for Environment and Planning. 1990. pp. 1 & 2. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- DeGaris, R.C. (19 September 1968). "NATIONAL PARKS ACT, 1966: HUNDRED OF LAKE GEORGE—BEACHPORT NATIONAL PARK DECLARED" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia. p. 852. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- DeGaris, R.C. "ABORIGINAL AND HISTORIC RELICS PRESERVATION ACT, 1965: BEACHPORT NATIONAL PARK- HISTORIC RESERVE DECLARED" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia. p. 988. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "No. 56 of 1972 (National Parks and Wildlife Act, 1972)". The South Australian Government Gazette. Government of South Australia: 660 & 701. 27 April 1972. Retrieved 7 April 2019.
- "Beachport Conservation Park, Beachport, SA, Australia - listing on the now-defunct Register of the National Estate (Place ID 8138)". Australian Heritage Database. Department of the Environment. 21 October 1980. Retrieved 7 April 2019.