|Discipline||Religion, Early Christianity, Patristics|
|Edited by||Allen Brent, Markus Vinzent|
The series is the official publication of the Oxford International Conference on Patristic Studies, which was first convened in Oxford, England in 1951 under the direction of F. L. Cross. The conference has met at four-year intervals since. Conference papers have been published in the Studia Patristica since the 1955 conference.
Expansion of areas of coverage
Since 2011, the series also serves as the official publication of other national and international patristic conferences, including the National Conference on Patristic Studies (Faculty of Divinity, Cambridge University) under Allen Brent, Thomas Graumann, and Judith Lieu (2009), "The Image of the Perfect Christian in Patristic Thought" Conference at the Ukrainian Catholic University under Taras Khomych, Oleksandra Vakula, and Oleh Kindiy (2009), and the British Patristics Conference in Durham, England in September 2010.
The current editors are:
Past editors have been:
- Kurt Aland (vol. 1-2)
- Frank Leslie Cross (vol. 1-11)
- Elizabeth Anne Livingstone (vol. 12-33)
- Edward Yarnold (vol. 34-38)
- Maurice Wiles (vol. 34-38)
- Paul M Parvis (vol. 39-43)
- Frances Young (vol. 39-43)
- Mark Julian Edwards (vol. 39-49)
- Averil Cameron (vol. 44-49)
- Jane Baun (vol. 44-49)
- Thomas Graumann (vol. 50)
- Judith Lieu (vol. 50)
- Taras Khomych (vol. 51)
- Oleksandra Vakula (vol. 51)
- Early Christianity
- History of Christianity
- History of religion
- Religious studies
- Doctor of Divinity
- Academic journal
- Conference proceedings
- Monographic series
- Serial (publishing)
- Kannengiesser, Charles (2004). Handbook of patristic exegesis: the Bible in ancient Christianity, vol. 1. Brill. p. 62. ISBN 9004098151.
- Studia Patristica, vol. XIX: Historica, theologica, gnostica, biblica et apocrypha. Peeters Publishers. 1989. pp. Preface. ISBN 9789068312317.
- Everett Ferguson; et al. (1997). Encyclopedia of early Christianity 1. A - K. Garland. p. 272. ISBN 9780815316633.
- F. L. Cross, K. Aland (eds) (1957). Studia Patristica. Vol. I-II, Papers presented to the Second International Conference on Patristic Studies held at Christ Church, Oxford, 1955. Akademie-Verlag.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- "Studia Patristica, vol. L: Papers presented at the national Conference on patristic studies held at Cambridge in the Faculty of Divinity". WorldCat. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Studia patristic, vol. LI: Including papers presented at the Conference 'The image of the perfect Christian in patristic thought' at the Ukrainian Catholic University in Lviv, Ukraine, under Taras Khomych, Oleksandra Vakula and Oleh Kindiy in 2009". Worldcat. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Studia Patristica, vol. VII: Including papers presented at the British Patristics Conference, Durham, September 2010". WorldCat. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Studia Patristica Supplements". Retrieved 4 April 2012.