Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Discipline||Religion, Early Christianity, Patristics|
|Edited by||Allen Brent, Markus Vinzent|
Studia Patristica is a peer-reviewed academic book series established in 1957 that covers the study of patristics. It is the official publication of the Oxford International Conference on Patristic Studies, which was first convened in Oxford in 1951 under the direction of F. L. Cross and has met at four-yearly intervals since. Conference papers have been published in the Studia Patristica since the 1955 conference. The series was initially published by Akademie-Verlag, since volume 15, it has been published annually by Peeters Publishers.
Since 2011, the series serves as the official publication of other national and international patristic conferences, including the National Conference on Patristic Studies (Faculty of Divinity, Cambridge) under Allen Brent, Thomas Graumann, and Judith Lieu (2009), "The Image of the Perfect Christian in Patristic Thought" Conference at the Ukrainian Catholic University under Taras Khomych, Oleksandra Vakula, and Oleh Kindiy (2009), and the British Patristics Conference (Durham, September 2010).
Additionally, beginning in 2012, Peeters Publishers has begun publishing the Studia Patristica Supplements, a series of separate monographs on topics related to the field of patristics.
Past editors have been:
- Kurt Aland (vol. 1-2)
- Averil Cameron (vol. 44-49)
- Jane Baun (vol. 44-49)
- Frank Leslie Cross (vol. 1-11)
- Mark Julian Edwards (vol. 39-49)
- Thomas Graumann (vol. 50)
- Judith Lieu (vol. 50)
- Elizabeth Anne Livingstone (vol. 12-33)
- Taras Khomych (vol. 51)
- Paul M Parvis (vol. 39-43)
- Oleksandra Vakula (vol. 51)
- Edward Yarnold (vol. 34-38)
- Frances Young (vol. 39-43)
- Maurice Wiles (vol. 34-38)
- Kannengiesser, Charles (2004). Handbook of patristic exegesis: the Bible in ancient Christianity, vol. 1. Brill. p. 62. ISBN 9004098151.
- Studia Patristica, vol. XIX: Historica, theologica, gnostica, biblica et apocrypha: Studia Patristica. Peeters Publishers. 1989. pp. Preface. ISBN 9789068312317.
- Everett Ferguson et al. (1997). Encyclopedia of early Christianity 1. A - K. Garland. p. 272. ISBN 9780815316633.
- F. L. Cross, K. Aland (eds) (1957). Studia Patristica. Vol. I-II, Papers presented to the Second International Conference on Patristic Studies held at Christ Church, Oxford, 1955. Akademie-Verlag.
- "Studia Patristica, vol. L: Papers presented at the national Conference on patristic studies held at Cambridge in the Faculty of Divinity". WorldCat. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Studia patristic, vol. LI: Including papers presented at the Conference 'The image of the perfect Christian in patristic thought' at the Ukrainian Catholic University in Lviv, Ukraine, under Taras Khomych, Oleksandra Vakula and Oleh Kindiy in 2009". Worldcat. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Studia Patristica, vol. VII: Including papers presented at the British Patristics Conference, Durham, September 2010". WorldCat. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- "Studia Patristica Supplements". Retrieved 4 April 2012.