Tom and Jerry Tales
|Tom and Jerry Tales|
|Created by||William Hanna|
|Developed by||Joseph Barbera|
|Written by||Joseph Barbera|
|Directed by||Neal Sternecky|
|Voices of||Don Brown|
|Country of origin||United States (production and broadcast)|
Canada (voice acting)
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (whole)|
78 (segments) (list of episodes)
|Executive producer(s)||Joseph Barbera (season 1) and Rob LaDuca|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Warner Bros. Animation|
Turner Entertainment Co.
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||The CW|
16:9 (Cropped to 4:3 in most television broadcasts)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||September 23, 2006– March 22, 2008|
|Preceded by||Tom & Jerry Kids (1990–1993)|
|Followed by||The Tom and Jerry Show (2014–present)|
|Related shows||Tom and Jerry (1940–2005)|
Tom and Jerry Tales is an American animated television series starring the Academy Award-winning cat-and-mouse duo Tom and Jerry. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, it ran in the United States from September 23, 2006 to March 22, 2008 on The CW.
Tom and Jerry co-creator and co-founder of Hanna-Barbera Joseph Barbera served as an executive producer for the series before his death and received story credit on some short cartoons of the show's first season. The series features two seasons and 26 episodes each consisting of three shorts with approximately the same runtime as the original theatrical shorts.
- Don Brown as Tom Cat, Droopy (season 1)
- Samuel Vincent as Jerry Mouse, Kid
- Michael Donovan as Spike, Droopy, Topsy (season 2)
- Colin Murdock as Butch, Lightning
- Reece Thompson (season 1), Chantal Strand (seasons 1-2) as Nibbles
- Nicole Oliver as Mammy Two Shoes (named as 'Mrs. Two Shoes' in this series)
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||13||September 23, 2006||May 5, 2007|
|2||13||September 22, 2007||March 22, 2008|
Season 1 (2006–07)
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|1a||1a||"Tiger Cat"||September 23, 2006||110a|
|At a zoo, an artistic monkey paints Tom to look like a tiger after he accidentally wrecks his art. (This episode was preceded by Tom and Jerry: Shiver Me Whiskers)|
|1b||1b||"Feeding Time"||September 23, 2006||110b|
|Jerry frames Tom for feeding zoo animals so that Spike can fire him.|
|1c||1c||"Polar Peril"||September 23, 2006||110c|
|A polar bear protects Jerry from Tom and Butch.|
|2a||2a||"Joy Riding Jokers"||September 30, 2006||109a|
|Spike and Toodles mistakes Tom and Jerry for valets to which upon leaving their car, Tom and Jerry unwittingly go on a joyride across town.|
|2b||2b||"Cat Got Your Luggage?"||September 30, 2006||109b|
|After trashing a fancy hotel lobby, Tom is hired as a bellboy by the hotel manager in order to pay for the damages. However, Jerry makes Tom's assignments difficult.|
|2c||2c||"City Dump Chumps"||September 30, 2006||109c|
|Tom and Butch fight over Jerry at a junkyard.|
|3a||3a||"Way-Off Broadway"||October 7, 2006||108a|
|Tom and Jerry play musical instruments in town.|
|3b||3b||"Egg Beats"||October 7, 2006||108b|
|Jerry's music causes Tom's hen to lay eggs quickly.|
|3c||3c||"Cry Uncle"||October 7, 2006||108c|
|Jerry's uncle Pecos Pest returns for a visit and sings, keeping Tom and Jerry awake.|
|4a||4a||"Bats What I Like About the South"||October 28, 2006||102a|
|Jerry disguises himself as a bat to scare Tom.|
|4b||4b||"Fraidy Cat Scat"||October 28, 2006||102b|
|Jerry pretends to be a skull by hiding inside of it and scaring Tom.|
|4c||4c||"Tomb It May Concern"||October 28, 2006||102c|
|Tom and Jerry find gold inside a pyramid.|
|5a||5a||"Din-O-Sores"||November 4, 2006||111a|
|Tom and Jerry discover their world is full of dinosaur eggs.|
|5b||5b||"Freaky Tiki"||November 4, 2006||111b|
|A mystical tiki puts Tom and Jerry under a spell.|
|5c||5c||"Prehisterics"||November 4, 2006||111c|
|In prehistoric times, Tom and Jerry's ancestors outwit each other.|
|6a||6a||"Digital Dilemma"||November 11, 2006||104a|
|Tom's computer traps him and Jerry in a virtual world.|
|6b||6b||"Hi, Robot"||November 11, 2006||104b|
|Tom makes a robotic girl mouse to catch Jerry.|
|6c||6c||"Tomcat Jetpack"||November 11, 2006||104c|
|Tom dons an experimental flying suit.|
|7a||7a||"Fire Breathing Tom Cat"||February 3, 2007||103a|
|The king sends Tom to slay a dragon.|
|7b||7b||"Medieval Menace"||February 3, 2007||103b|
|Tom is captured and thrown into a dungeon.|
|7c||7c||"The Itch"||February 3, 2007||103c|
|Jerry wants to join a band of rats, whose music causes everyone to itch.|
|8a||8a||"Ho, Ho Horrors"||February 10, 2007||101a|
|Jerry enters Tom's dream and turns it into a nightmare, resulting in both of them trashing their entire house in their sleep.|
|8b||8b||"Doggone Hill Hog"||February 10, 2007||101b|
|Spike tackles Tom and Jerry in the snow.|
|8c||8c||"Northern Light Fish Fight"||February 10, 2007||101c|
|Tom and Jerry fight over a fish.|
|9a||9a||"Cat Nebula"||February 17, 2007||106a|
|In outer space in the future, Jerry is captain of a mouse-run freighter (Nibbles) and Tom is a green-skinned alien.|
|9b||9b||"Martian Mice"||February 17, 2007||106b|
|At a farm, giant-sized mice from Mars mistakenly abduct Tom and Jerry.|
|9c||9c||"Spaced Out Cat"||February 17, 2007||106c|
|Tom tries to win Toodles back from Spike by building a spaceship and being the first one to get to the moon.|
|10a||10a||"Octo Suave"||February 24, 2007||107a|
|An octopus mistakenly tries to woo Tom.|
|10b||10b||"Beach Bully Bingo"||February 24, 2007||107b|
|Spike and Butch surf fight at the beach Bingo.|
|10c||10c||"Treasure Map Scrap"||February 24, 2007||107c|
|Jerry tries to find a treasure in the sea.|
|11a||11a||"Destruction Junction"||March 3, 2007||112a|
|Spike is put in charge of the rest of a building's construction while the crew are in hospitalized after suffering an extreme case of splinters.|
|11b||11b||"Battle of the Power Tools"||March 3, 2007||112b|
|Tom and Jerry, formerly homeless, become rich overnight shortly after their numbers come in, so they split their millions and each sets out to build a mansion across from each other.|
|11c||11c||"Jackhammered Cat"||March 3, 2007||112c|
|Tom and Jerry stumble into a feast, guarded by Spike, at a construction site to which neither the cat nor mouse are invited.|
|12a||12a||"Tin Cat of Tomorrow"||April 28, 2007||113a|
|Fed up with Tom failing to catch Jerry, Mrs. Two-Shoes orders a robotic cat to replace Tom.|
|12b||12b||"Beefcake Tom"||April 28, 2007||113b|
|Tom enrolls at a gym.|
|12c||12c||"Tomcat Superstar"||April 28, 2007||113c|
|Tom quits show business and retires to a farm.|
|13a||13a||"Piranha Be Loved By You"||May 5, 2007||105a|
|A piranha makes it hard for Tom to win Toodles' affection|
|13b||13b||"Spook House Mouse"||May 5, 2007||105b|
|Tom and Jerry's antics lead them into a haunted house.|
|13c||13c||"Abracadumb"||May 5, 2007||105c|
|Tom and Jerry engage in a magic duel.|
Season 2 (2007–08)
|Title||Original air date||Prod.|
|14a||1a||"More Powers to You"||September 22, 2007||202a|
|Tom must guard the power rings of a team of superheroes from supervillain "Doom Dog" (Spike).|
|14b||1b||"Catch Me Though You Can't"||September 22, 2007||202b|
|Jerry is zapped by a speed ray, making him faster-than-ever.|
|14c||1c||"Power Tom"||September 22, 2007||202c|
|Tom and Jerry fall into a garden hole where they find the basement headquarters of a female superheroine.|
|15a||2a||"Zent Out of Shape"||September 29, 2007||201a|
|Buddhist monk Tom tries to achieve inner peace.|
|15b||2b||"I Dream of Meanie"||September 29, 2007||201b|
|Spike, as a genie, must grant wishes.|
|15c||2c||"Which Witch!"||September 29, 2007||201c|
|Tom must obtain a mouse for a witch's potion.|
|16a||3a||"Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day"||October 6, 2007||203a|
|Tom attends show-and-tell at an elementary school. His owner in this segment is Nancy, the little girl from the 1943 cartoon Baby Puss returns, as she wants to win the gold star for best pet.|
|16b||3b||"Cat Show Catastrophe"||October 6, 2007||203b|
|Jerry and Tuffy try to ruin Tom's chances at a cat show.|
|16c||3c||"The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo"||October 6, 2007||203c|
|Tom's owner hires a trainer to make him behave.|
|17a||4a||"Adventures in Penguin Sitting"||October 13, 2007||204a|
|Jerry and an escaped penguin become friends.|
|17b||4b||"Cat of Prey"||October 13, 2007||204b|
|Tom, who is hungry, seeks to catch and eat Jerry, who is the star of the show at a local ocean theme park along with a bald eagle, but he is thwarted by the eagle, a seal and an octopus.|
|17c||4c||"Jungle Love"||October 13, 2007||204c|
|Jerry makes friends with a baby rhinoceros.|
|18a||5a||"Invasion of the Body Slammers"||October 27, 2007||205a|
|A green shapeshifter emerges from an alien spaceship that lands near Tom and Jerry's house.|
|18b||5b||"Monster Con"||October 27, 2007||205b|
|Tom uses some of Van Helsing's equipment to catch Jerry, but catches a few ghosts instead.|
|18c||5c||"Over the River and Boo the Woods"||October 27, 2007||205c|
|Tom and Jerry end up in a cursed forest.|
|19a||6a||"Xtreme Trouble"||November 3, 2007||206a|
|Tom and Jerry resume their usual chases through extreme sports equipment – from skateboarding to roller-skating.|
|19b||6b||"A Life Less Guarded"||November 3, 2007||206b|
|Tom competes against Droopy as a role for lifeguard at the local pool.|
|19c||6c||"Sasquashed"||November 3, 2007||206c|
|Whilst on a camping trip, Tom, Jerry and Tuffy encounter a sasquatch.|
|20a||7a||"Summer Squashing"||November 10, 2007||207a|
|Tom is assigned to guard his owner's garden against pests, including Jerry and a clan of harvest mice, all of whom resembling him (only with different-colored bandanas).|
|20b||7b||"League of Cats"||November 10, 2007||207b|
|Butch recruits Tom to join the League of Cats, a secret organization of cats who work together to catch mice.|
|20c||7c||"Little Big Mouse"||November 10, 2007||207c|
|While Tom and his owner are sleeping by the refrigerator, Jerry steals all the food.|
|21a||8a||"Bend It Like Thomas"||December 1, 2007||208a|
|Tom torments Jerry, Spike and Eagle with his soccer skills.|
|21b||8b||"Endless Bummer"||December 1, 2007||208b|
|Tom, Jerry and Droopy take part in a surfing competition.|
|21c||8c||"Game Set Match"||December 1, 2007||208c|
|Spike makes Tom teach his son Tyke how to play tennis.|
|22a||9a||"The Declaration of Independunce"||December 8, 2007||209a|
|Tom loses the Declaration of Independence when he makes it into a paper airplane and must set out to retrieve it.|
|22b||9b||"Kitty Hawked"||December 8, 2007||209b|
|Jerry, now an elderly museum tour guide, talks about his part in the Wright brothers' aerial experiments.|
|22c||9c||"24 Karat Kat"||December 8, 2007||209c|
|Tom and Butch are claim jumpers in the 19th Century at a Sutter's Mill, scheming to steal gold from Jerry's claim.|
|23a||10a||"Hockey Schtick"||February 2, 2008||210a|
|Jerry decides to freeze the pond and go figure skating, only to be thwarted by Tom playing hockey.|
|23b||10b||"Snow Brawl"||February 2, 2008||210b|
|Jerry engages Tom in a snowball fight that gets out of control.|
|23c||10c||"Snow Mouse"||February 2, 2008||210c|
|During a chase in a forest, Tom and Jerry encounter a giant abominable snowmouse.|
|24a||11a||"DJ Jerry"||February 9, 2008||211a|
|Tom is in charge of guarding his owner's record store but has trouble doing so, courtesy of a rap club for rodents run by Jerry.|
|24b||11b||"Kitty Cat Blues"||February 9, 2008||211b|
|Tom tries to woo a potential girlfriend by giving Jerry to her as a gift.|
|24c||11c||"Flamenco Fiasco"||February 9, 2008||211c|
|Jerry and his girlfriend enter a flamenco dance contest against Tom and Toodles.|
|25a||12a||"You're Lion"||March 8, 2008||212a|
|Tom visits the African veldt to see his lion relatives and give them Jerry as a present, but the lions would rather eat Tom as well as Jerry.|
|25b||12b||"Kangadoofus"||March 8, 2008||212b|
|In the Australian Outback, Jerry is adopted by a very protective momma kangaroo.|
|25c||12c||"Monkey Chow"||March 8, 2008||212c|
|While Tom and his owner are touring an exotic monkey garden in Malaysia, Jerry lets loose a monkey.|
|26a||13a||"Game of Mouse & Cat"||March 22, 2008||213a|
|Thanks to a VR setup, Jerry plays a game in which Tom is scared of him.|
|26b||13b||"Babysitting Blues"||March 22, 2008||213b|
|Tom and Jerry babysit their nephews.|
|26c||13c||"Catfish Follies"||March 22, 2008||213c|
|Tom and Jerry are out fishing when they discover Butch (in this segment portrayed as a catfish, rather than an actual cat) who wants to eat Jerry, while Tom wants to eat the catfish.|
On October 31, 2006, a video game based on the show was released for the Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance. Developed by Sensory Sweep Studios, it was published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and distributed by Eidos Interactive. The player plays as Jerry to get Tom in trouble. Many minor characters from the show make cameo appearances in the game such as the female robotic mouse from the short "Hi, Robot."
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One was released on October 3, 2006. The episodes include: Ho Ho Horrors / Doggone Hill Hog / Northern Light Fish Fight / Way-Off Broadway / Egg Beats / Cry Uncle / Joy Riding Jokers / Cat Got Your Luggage? / City Dump Chumps / Tiger Cat / Feeding Time / Polar Peril. Released in the UK as Volume Four.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Two was released on May 15, 2007. The episodes include: Octo Suave / Beach Bully Bingo / Treasure Map Scrap / Fire Breathing Tom Cat / Medieval Menace / The Itch / Digital Dilemma / Hi, Robot / Tomcat Jetpack / Piranha Be Loved By You / Spook House Mouse / Abracadumb. Released in the UK as Volume One.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Three was released on December 4, 2007. The episodes include: Bats What I Like About the South / Fraidy Cat Scat / Tomb it May Concern / Cat Nebula / Martian Mice / Spaced Out Cat / Din-O-Sores / Freaky Tiki / Prehisterics / Destruction Junction / Battle of the Power Tools / Jackhammered Cat / Tin Cat of Tomorrow / Beefcake Tom / Tomcat Superstar. Released in the UK as Volume Two.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four was released on March 11, 2008. The episodes include: Zent Out of Shape / I Dream of Meanie / Which Witch / More Powers to You / Catch Me Though You Can't / Power Tom / Don't Bring Your Pet to School Day / Cat Show Catastrophe / The Cat Whisperer with Casper Lombardo / Adventures in Penguin Sitting / Cat of Prey / Jungle Love. Released in the UK as Volume Three.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Five was released on August 12, 2008. The episodes include: Invasion of the Body Slammers / Monster Con / Over the River and Boo the Woods / Xtreme Trouble / A Life Less Guarded / Sasquashed / Summer Squashing / League of Cats / Little Big Mouse / Bend it Like Thomas / Endless Bummer / Game Set Match.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Six was released on February 3, 2009. The episodes include: The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / 24 Karat Kat / Hockey Schtick / Snow Brawl / Snow Mouse / DJ Jerry / Kitty Cat Blues / Flamenco Fiasco / You're Lion / Kangadoofus / Monkey Chow / Game of Mouse & Cat / Babysitting Blues / Catfish Follies.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: Volumes 1-3 was released on September 15, 2009. This collection includes the first three volumes.
- Tom and Jerry Tales: The Complete First Season, a two-disc set with the first thirteen episodes, was released on April 13, 2010. It was re-released on July 24, 2012 as part of Cartoon Network's 20th Anniversary.
- Tom and Jerry: The Deluxe Anniversary Collection, a two-disc set (Game of Mouse & Cat only on disc 2), was released on June 22, 2010.
- Tom and Jerry Fun Pack, a three-disc set (Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume One on disc 3), was released on June 28, 2011.
- Tom and Jerry: Fur Flying Adventures: Volume 2 was released on July 5, 2011. Four episodes include: Monster Con / The Declaration of Independunce / Kitty Hawked / Which Witch! It was re-released on October 7, 2014 as Tom and Jerry and Friends: Volume 2.
- Tom and Jerry: Fur Flying Adventures: Volume 3 was released on October 4, 2011. Eight episodes include: Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded / Northern Light Fish Fight / Doggone Hill Dog / Sasquashed / Snow Mouse / Spook House Mouse / Don't Bring Your Pet to School.
- Tom and Jerry: In a Dog House was released on March 6, 2012. Nine episodes include: 24 Karat Kat / Destruction Junction / Beefcake Tom / Bend It Like Thomas / Game Set Match / Feeding Time / DJ Jerry / Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded.
- Tom and Jerry: Summer Holidays was released on March 6, 2012. Two episodes include: Beach Bully Bingo / A Life Less Guarded.
All six volumes were later released in 2-packs.
- Baisley, Sarah. "Kids' WB! on The CW 2006-2007 Saturday AM Schedule Launches Sept. 23". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc. (October 31, 2006). "Tom and Jerry Tales Videogame Hits Stores Today, October 31" (Press release). Business Wire. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 1". Animated Views. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Simon, Ben (July 15, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales: Volume 2". Animated Views. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- DeMott, Rick (December 4, 2007). "Tom & Jerry Tales 3 Crashes Onto DVD". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Felix, Justin (May 19, 2008). "Tom and Jerry Tales: Volume Four". DVD Talk. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (August 11, 2008). "DVD Releases For August 12, 2008". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- Moody, Annemarie (February 2, 2009). "Madagascar 2, Oliver & Co., Space Buddies & Fear(s) of the Dark Hit DVD/Blu-ray". Animation World Network. Retrieved July 5, 2014.
- McCutcheon, David (January 8, 2010). "Tales of Tom and Jerry - The Complete First Season". IGN. Retrieved July 5, 2014.