|City of license||Cedar Rapids, Iowa|
|Broadcast area||Cedar Rapids-Iowa City|
|Slogan||Today's Best Country|
|First air date||September 10, 1961|
|Callsign meaning||K HAwK (reference to the Iowa Hawkeyes)|
(Townsquare Media Cedar Rapids License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KRNA, KRQN, KDAT|
KHAK (98.1 FM) is a radio station that broadcasts a country music format to the Cedar Rapids-Iowa City, Iowa area. Licensed to Cedar Rapids, Iowa the station is currently owned by Townsquare Media. Its tower is also near Cedar Rapids, broadcasting the signal at 100,000 watts.
KHAK is one of the top-ranked radio stations in the Cedar Rapids-Iowa City Market. It is based in the Cedar Rapids Market, but it is heard in the Waterloo-Cedar Falls and Quad Cities Markets as well in spots. Townsquare Media is the owner of the station, as well as its sister stations KRNA, KRQN, and KDAT.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 Cumulus Media stations, including KHAK, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KHAK
- Radio-Locator information on KHAK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KHAK
|This article about a radio station in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|