|Broadcast area||Casper, Wyoming|
|Slogan||"It Just Rocks"|
|HAAT||554 meters (1,820 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KMLD (1997-2001)
(Townsquare Media Casper License, LLC)
KRNK started out as KMGW "Magic 94", an adult contemporary radio station in the Summer of 1989. In the mid-1990s it became an alternative music station. Later in the decade it was re-branded as "Star 94" and converted back to its original AC format feeding programming from ABC Radio's "Hits & Favorites" network. It moved to its current location on the FM dial in 2001. During the Christmas season local DJs broadcast holiday music. On September 22, 2008 at 6 a.m. Mountain Time, the radio station changed to its current classic rock format. Just before the switch the station allowed website visitors to vote for the new format, the station advertised several logos, all relating to the given format.
The station was assigned the call letters KMLD on September 15, 1997. On August 31, 2001, the station changed its call sign to KMGW, on September 3, 2009, to the current KRNK.
The station previously had featured Bob & Tom in the morning, but now only has local personalities The Jeff, T-Roy, and Jon Michaels.
As with almost every local FM station in the area, the broadcasting tower is located south of town on Casper Mountain. With its 2,850 watt effective radiated power, the station is audible throughout most of Natrona County, and into Converse County, Wyoming. With a car radio or a radio with a sufficient antenna, the station likely can be heard in the town of Midwest, Wyoming, north of Casper. The station's tower has a HAAT of 540 meters (1,770 ft).
- "KMGW Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KRNK Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved September 8, 2009.
- http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?call=KMGW&x=0&y=0&sr=Y&s=C KMGW-FM: Radio Station Information Page : Radio-Locator
- Official Website
- Flash Stream, MP3 Stream
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KRNK
- Radio-Locator information on KRNK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KRNK
|This article about a radio station in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|