|First air date||October 17, 1988|
|Callsign meaning||W The RocKeR|
(Townsquare Media Kalamazoo License, LLC)
WRKR (107.7 FM, "The Rocker") is a radio station broadcasting a classic rock format, consisting of classic album-oriented rock tracks from the late 1960s through the early 1990s. Licensed to Portage, Michigan, it first began broadcasting in 1988.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 stations from Cumulus Media, including WRKR, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WRKR
- Radio-Locator information on WRKR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WRKR
|This article about a radio station in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|