Les amants de minuit
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Les amants de minuit"|
|Eurovision Song Contest 1956 entry|
|◄ "Ne crois pas" (1956)|
|"Amours mortes (tant de peine)" (1957) ►|
"Les amants de minuit" (French pronunciation: [lez‿amɑ̃ də minɥi], English: The Midnight Lovers) was the second Luxembourgish entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1956 (the rules of this Contest and no other allowing two entries per country), performed in French by French singer Michèle Arnaud.
The song is in the chanson style popular in the early years of the Contest. Arnaud describes the meeting of two "midnight lovers", and sings that only the night knows what passes between them before they return to their normal lives in the morning.
The song was performed thirteenth on the night (following France's Dany Dauberson with "Il est là" and preceding Italy's Tonina Torielli with "Amami se vuoi"). As the scoreboard of this Contest has never been made public, no statements about score or placing can be made, however the song did not win.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 1956 (Lugano)". eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Les Amants De Minuit Music Video". ovguide.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Eurovision Song Contest Helsinki 2007". archive.is. Archived from the original on September 29, 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "ESC 1956 Luxembourg - Michèle Arnaud - Les Amants De Minuit". youtube.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Official Eurovision Song Contest site, history by year, 1956.
- Detailed info and lyrics, The Diggiloo Thrush, "Les amants de minuit".
|This article about the Eurovision Song Contest is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Luxembourg-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|