List of androgens/anabolic steroids available in the United States
This is a complete list of androgens/anabolic steroids (AAS) and formulations that are approved by the FDA and available in the United States. AAS like testosterone are used in androgen replacement therapy (ART), a form of hormone replacement therapy (HRT), and for other indications.
Testosterone and esters
Testosterone (unmodified/non-esterified) is available in the following formulations:
- Oral: Jatenzo (as testosterone undecanoate, a prodrug of testosterone)
- Buccal tablets: Striant
- Intranasal gels: Natesto
- Injectable oil solutions (as prodrugs of testosterone):
- Subcutaneous pellet implants: Testopel
Testosterone propionate (Testosterone Propionate (generic)), testosterone cypionate/estradiol cypionate (brand name Depo-Testadiol), testosterone enanthate/estradiol valerate (brand name Ditate-DS) as oil solutions for intramuscular injection were previously available but were discontinued.
Androstanolone (dihydrotestosterone; DHT) and esters are not available in the United States.
Oral, buccal, and/or sublingual
- Fluoxymesterone (Android-F, Halotestin, Ora-Testryl)
- Methyltestosterone (Android 5, Android 10, Android 25, Metandren, Oreton, Oreton Methyl, Testred, Virilon)
- Oxandrolone (Oxandrin)
- Oxymetholone (Anadrol-50)
(Note that while the above anabolic steroids remain available in at least one formulation, many of the above-listed brand names have been discontinued.)
- Danazol (Danocrine)
- List of sex-hormonal medications available in the United States
- List of androgens/anabolic steroids
- List of androgen esters
- "Drugs@FDA: FDA Approved Drug Products". United States Food and Drug Administration. Retrieved 16 November 2016.