|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||353.44 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
|(what is this?)|
Intepirdine (INN; developmental codes SB-742457, RVT-101) is a selective 5-HT6 receptor antagonist with potential cognition, memory, and learning-enhancing effects. It was under development by GlaxoSmithKline for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and demonstrated some preliminary efficacy in phase II clinical trials; however, GSK chose not to continue development and sold the rights to Axovant Sciences in December 2014.
- "RVT-101". Axovant.
- Upton N, Chuang TT, Hunter AJ, Virley DJ (July 2008). "5-HT6 receptor antagonists as novel cognitive enhancing agents for Alzheimer's disease". Neurotherapeutics : the Journal of the American Society for Experimental NeuroTherapeutics. 5 (3): 458–69. doi:10.1016/j.nurt.2008.05.008. PMID 18625457.
- Idris N, Neill J, Grayson B, et al. (January 2010). "Sertindole improves sub-chronic PCP-induced reversal learning and episodic memory deficits in rodents: involvement of 5-HT(6) and 5-HT (2A) receptor mechanisms". Psychopharmacology. 208 (1): 23–36. doi:10.1007/s00213-009-1702-5. PMID 19851757.
- Maher-Edwards G, Zvartau-Hind M, Hunter AJ, et al. (December 2009). "Double-Blind, Controlled Phase II Study of a 5-HT6 Receptor Antagonist, SB-742457, in Alzheimer's Disease". Current Alzheimer Research. 7 (5): 374–85. PMID 20043816.
- Rossé G, Schaffhauser H (February 2010). "5-HT(6) Receptor Antagonists as Potential Therapeutics for Cognitive Impairment". Current Topics in Medicinal Chemistry. 10 (2): 207–21. doi:10.2174/156802610790411036. PMID 20166958.
- "Search of: SB-742457 - List Results - ClinicalTrials.gov".
- "Axovant Acquires SB742457 from GlaxoSmithKline" (Press release). Axovant. December 23, 2014.[self-published source]
- House, Douglas W. (June 5, 2015). "Axovant Sciences on deck for IPO". Seeking Alpha.
- NeuroBreak: Alzheimer's Drug Bombs; Sept 2016
- Study Evaluating Intepirdine (RVT-101) in Subjects With Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Disease on Donepezil: MINDSET Study
- Study Evaluating Intepirdine (RVT-101) in Subjects With Dementia With Lewy Bodies: The HEADWAY-DLB Study