|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||487.354 g/mol|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
SB-258585 is a drug which is used in scientific research. It acts as a potent, selective and orally active 5-HT6 receptor antagonist, with a Ki of 8.9nM. It is used in its 125I radiolabelled form to map the distribution of 5-HT6 receptors in the brain.
SB-258585 and other 5-HT6 antagonists show nootropic effects in animal studies, as well as antidepressant and anxiolytic effects, and have been proposed as potential novel treatments for cognitive disorders such as schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Hirst, WD; Minton, JA; Bromidge, SM; Moss, SF; Latter, AJ; Riley, G; Routledge, C; Middlemiss, DN; Price, GW (2000). "Characterization of 125I-SB-258585 binding to human recombinant and native 5-HT6 receptors in rat, pig and human brain tissue". British Journal of Pharmacology. 130 (7): 1597–605. doi:10.1038/sj.bjp.0703458. PMC . PMID 10928963.
- Roberts, JC; Reavill, C; East, SZ; Harrison, PJ; Patel, S; Routledge, C; Leslie, RA (2002). "The distribution of 5-HT(6) receptors in rat brain: an autoradiographic binding study using the radiolabelled 5-HT(6) receptor antagonist (125)ISB-258585". Brain Research. 934 (1): 49–57. doi:10.1016/S0006-8993(02)02360-0. PMID 11937069.
- East, SZ; Burnet, PW; Leslie, RA; Roberts, JC; Harrison, PJ (2002). "5-HT6 receptor binding sites in schizophrenia and following antipsychotic drug administration: autoradiographic studies with 125ISB-258585". Synapse. 45 (3): 191–9. doi:10.1002/syn.10097. PMID 12112397.
- Stean, TO; Hirst, WD; Thomas, DR; Price, GW; Rogers, D; Riley, G; Bromidge, SM; Serafinowska, HT; et al. (2002). "Pharmacological profile of SB-357134: a potent, selective, brain penetrant, and orally active 5-HT(6) receptor antagonist". Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior. 71 (4): 645–54. doi:10.1016/S0091-3057(01)00742-0. PMID 11888556.
- Loiseau, F; Dekeyne, A; Millan, MJ (2008). "Pro-cognitive effects of 5-HT6 receptor antagonists in the social recognition procedure in rats: implication of the frontal cortex". Psychopharmacology. 196 (1): 93–104. doi:10.1007/s00213-007-0934-5. PMID 17922111.
- Wesołowska, A; Nikiforuk, A; Stachowicz, K (2007). "Anxiolytic-like and antidepressant-like effects produced by the selective 5-HT6 receptor antagonist SB-258585 after intrahippocampal administration to rats". Behavioural Pharmacology. 18 (5–6): 439–46. doi:10.1097/FBP.0b013e3282d28f9c. PMID 17762512.
|This drug article relating to the nervous system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|