The Exorcist is an American media franchise originating with The Exorcist, a 1971 horror novel by William Peter Blatty and most prominently featured in a 1973 film adapted from the novel, and many prequels and sequels. All of these installments focus on fictional accounts of people possessed by Pazuzu, the main antagonist of the series, and the efforts of religious authorities to counter this possession.
List of media
Media within this franchise includes:
- The Exorcist (novel), a 1971 horror novel by William Peter Blatty
- Legion (novel), the 1983 follow-up
- The Exorcist (TV series), an American drama television series based on the 1973 film
- The Exorcist (film series), five horror films based on the fictional story from the novels:
- The Exorcist (play), a play by John Pielmeier based on the novel, first premiered ath the Geffen Playhouse, Los Angeles in 2012.
|The Exorcist||December 26, 1973|
|Exorcist II: The Heretic||June 17, 1977|
|The Exorcist III||August 17, 1990|
|The Exorcist (2000 Dir. Cut)||September 22, 2000|
|Exorcist: The Beginning||August 20, 2004|
|Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist||June 2, 2005|
- The Exorcist: Italian Style or L'esorciccio, a 1975 Italian comedy film that parodies the original 1973 film
- Exorcist (disambiguation)
|This set index page lists media articles associated with the same name, and/or related to the same original work.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.