Three Olives Vodka
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Alcohol by volume||30% - 35% (flavored) |
|Proof (US)||60 – 80|
|Related products||List of vodkas|
Ingredients and creation
Three Olives Vodka is made from quadruple-distilled winter wheat harvested in England. The vodka is handcrafted and is available as a clear unflavored vodka as well as a variety of infused vodkas. The flavored vodkas are made using the circulation method, where the vodka flows into the flavored liquid to create the flavored vodka. The water used is sourced from a lake in Wales that was created by a dam that flooded in 1888, submerging an old village.
|Burst||35%||Fruit Fusion Flavour|
|Citrus||35%||Lemon and lime|
|Dude||35%||Lemon and lime|
|Marilyn Monroe Strawberry||35%||Strawberries and cream|
|Purple||35%||Frozen crushed grapes|
|Rangtang||35%||Oranges and tangerines|
|Root Beer||35%||Root beer|
|S'mores||35%||Chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers|
|Tartz||35%||Sweet and tart fruit flavors|
|Triple Shot Espresso||35%||Espresso|
|Whipped Cream||35%||Whipped cream|
Honors and awards
Three Olives won six consecutive Impact "Hot Brand" awards from 2005 to 2010, from spirits industry magazine Impact. In 2005, Wine Enthusiast magazine gave Three Olives unflavored vodka a Superb (90-95) / Highly Recommended rating, and its Vanilla and Orange flavors a Superb (90-95) / Highly Recommended rating.
In 2013, Three Olives launched a $20 million international print, billboard and digital advertising campaign starring actor Clive Owen. The ads feature atmospheric stills of Owen in a variety of London locations, reflecting the vodka's British origin. That same year, Three Olives partnered with the estate of Marilyn Monroe to create a Marilyn Monroe Strawberry Vodka, with a strawberries and cream flavor. The bottle's label featured a classic image of Monroe standing over a subway grate as the wind ruffles her white dress. The deal was a three-year license that expired in January 2016, hence the Strawberry vodka had dropped the Monroe name during 2015 production. Proximo previously launched a $10 million animated campaign for the vodka in 2011, and their grape-flavored Purple vodka was endorsed by rapper Lil' Kim in a 2010 national ad campaign.
- Dave Smith, "Shake Things Up with Three Olives Flavored Vodkas," Pulse, August 3, 2009.
- About Three Olives Vodka, GoKlinq.com. Accessed February 9, 2014.
- “Facing Intense Competition, Proximo’s Three Olives Makes $20 Million Ad Play,” Shaken News Daily, January 17, 2013.
- Becky Paskin, “Clive Owen Stars in $20M Three Olives Vodka Adverts,” The Spirits Business, January 29, 2013.
- Colleen Graham, “Three Olives Flavored Vodkas,” About.com Cocktails. Accessed February 9, 2014.
- F. Paul Pacult, “Proof Positive,” Wine Enthusiast, May 2005.
- "About". Three Olives Vodka. Retrieved 2019-04-04.
- Samantha Graham, “Top 10 Spirit Launches in March,” The Spirit Business, April 9, 2013.
- Andrew Adam Newman, “Marilyn Monroe’s Star Still Shines in Ad Campaigns,” New York Times, August 5, 2013.
- Tanya Irwin, “Three Olives Vodka Launches $10M Campaign,” Marketing Daily, March 30, 2011.
- Clyde Smith, “Lil’ Kim To Bring Flavor to the Three-O Vodka Launch of Purple,” Hip Hop Press, August 10, 2010.