This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A view of the Tinikunia Pukhuri
|• Body||Tinsukia Municipality Board|
|• Total||20 km2 (8 sq mi)|
|Elevation||116 m (381 ft)|
|• Density||6,300/km2 (16,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-AS|
Swargadeo Sarbananda Singha, known as Mezara, was a member of the erstwhile Chutia royal family and rose to become an able administrator. Mezara adopted the name Sarbananda Singha after he became the king. Swargadeo Sarbananda Singha introduced coins in his name and in Saka 1716 and 1717, he inscribed the title Swargadeo in the coins.
Tinsukia is located at  It has an average elevation of 116 metres (380 feet)..
According to the 2011 census, Tinsukia had a population of 126,389. Males constituted 55% of the population and females 45%. Tinsukia had an average literacy rate of 70.15%, higher than the national average of 64.84%; male literacy was 77.89%, and female literacy 63.54%. 13.29% of the population was under 6 years of age.
Notable people from Tinsukia
- "Tinsukia City".
- "Tinsukia". Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Tinsukia
- "Census of India / Assam / Tinsukia". Census of India. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Census Of India". Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "List of Parliamentary & Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Assam. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 May 2006. Retrieved 6 October 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tinsukia.|