Omsk Tsentralny Airport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tsentralny Airport)
|Operator||JSC "Omsk Airport"|
|Elevation AMSL||312 ft / 95 m|
Tsentralny Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Центральный (IATA: OMS, ICAO: UNOO) is an airport in Omsk Oblast, Russia, located 5 km southwest of Omsk. It is capable of handling wide-bodied aircraft and 975,000 passengers passed through the airport in 2013.
Airlines and destinations
New Fedorovka airport
Accidents and incidents
- On October 11, 1984, a Tupolev Tu-154B-1 operating Aeroflot Flight 3352 crashed into maintenance vehicles occupying the runway at Omsk. 174 of the 179 people on board were killed, along with 4 of the maintenance crew. The ground controller on duty had allowed maintenance work to be done on the runway (against regulations) and promptly fallen asleep, while the pilots were unable to see the vehicles in time due to poor weather conditions. 178 people died in all, making this Soviet Union's deadliest airplane crash to date.
- "Новые рейсы в Новосибирск и Екатеринбург с авиакомпанией NordStar". ОАО "Омский аэропорт".
|last1=in Authors list (help);
- Pobeda begin new summer seasonal service to Anapa
- "City pairs Schedule". Information and Services. JSC "TRANSAERO" Airlines. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Omsk Tsentralny Airport official website
- Airport information for UNOO at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for UNOO at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for UNOO at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for UNOO at Aviation Safety Network