Questions about using and contributing to Wikipedia
Your question might already be answered in the Frequently Asked Questions, otherwise:
||Wikipedia:Tips is a listing of all the "how to pages" on using Wikipedia.
Use common sense, appropriate etiquette and assume good faith on the part of others.
Be bold with your additions in a fair and accurate manner, because perfection is not required. See Wikipedia:Editing policy for more information.
||Before starting a new article! - Notability is a concern that must be adhered to. See Wikipedia:Notability for more information.
||Use references. This is an encyclopedia, so remember to include references listing websites, newspapers, articles, books and other sources you have used to write or expand articles. New articles and statements added to existing articles may be deleted if unreferenced or referenced poorly. See: Wikipedia:Citing sources and Wikipedia:Verifiability for more information.
||Keep it simple. Remember that the average reader should be able to comprehend the erudition. Although you should use a broad vocabulary of regular, non-technical terms, do not provide such a quantity of locutions as to impel those who aspire to derive serviceable information from the article to consult a dictionary or thesaurus.
Stay on topic as many articles are criticized for length; sticking to the subject matter helps eliminate this. See: Wikipedia:Writing better articles and Wikipedia:The perfect article for more information..
||Use images if possible. Images enhance articles greatly, but only use them when they are necessary, and ensure that their copyright status has been specified and we are allowed to use it on Wikipedia. See: Wikipedia:Images and Wikipedia:Picture tutorial for more information.
Wikipedia:Tools - Contain various tools and tutorials intended to simplify, make more efficient, or provide additional functionality to Wikipedians.
- Subscription databanks
Material from the following sources is obtainable from subscription databanks for the time periods indicated. The specific material may be in citation, abstract, or full text format. To obtain information from these sources, please send me an e-mail indicating the e-mail address to send information to, as well as the specific subject of interest or the titles and dates of sources requested, and I will forward what I can find. John Carter (talk) 19:26, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- Aboriginal History (1998-on)
- ACCC Update (Melbourne) (2007-on)
- ACH: The Journal of the History of Culture of Australia (2003-2007)
- AFR Smart Investor (2007-on)
- Annual Survey of Australian Law (1988-1994)
- Antipodes (1999-on)
- AQ - Australian Quarterly (2006-on)
- AQ - Journal of Contemporary Analysis (2002-2005)
- Asia Business News (2008-on)
- Australian Canadian Studies (2005-on)
- Australian Aboriginal Studies (1997-on)
- Australian Accountant (1997-1998)
- Australian Banker (1997-2000)
- Australian Banking & Finance (1997-on)
- Australian Bar Review (1991, 1993, 1995-on)
- Australian Bulletin of Labour (2003-on)
- Australian Business Law Review (1980-on)
- Australian Cultural History (1997-2002)
- Australian Dispute Resolution Journal (1990-2000)
- Australian Doctor (2003-on)
- Australian Economic Review (1998-on)
- Australian Feminist Law Journal (2004-on)
- Australian Geographic (1997-on)
- Australian Geographical Studies (1997-2004)
- Australian Gourmet Traveller (2010-on)
- Australian Journal of Environmental Education (1997-on)
- Australian Journal of Environmental Management (1997-2002)
- Australian Journal of Family Law (1991-on)
- Australian Journal of Hospitality Management (1996-2001)
- Australian Journal of Labour Law (1989-on)
- Australian Journal of Law and Society (1983-1998)
- Australian Journal of Management (1997-2002)
- Australian Journal of Political Science (1997-on)
- Australian Journal of Public Administration (1997-on)
- Australian Journal of Social Studies (1997-on)
- Australian Law Journal (1980-on)
- Australian Literary Studies (1997-on)
- Australian Mining (2003-on)
- Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Journal (1983-1987)
- Australian Net Guide (1997-2009)
- Australian Personal Computer (1999-on)
- Australian Property Law Journal (2001-on)
- Australian Studies in Journalism (1996-2006)
- Australian Tax Forum (1984-on)
- Australian Tax Review (1980-on)
|Google News Archive (coverage is not complete)
||The Age (1854–1989)
The Sydney Morning Herald (1830–1989)
|Australia/New Zealand Reference Centre (EBSCO)
||Various Australian media (best for 1990s to present) - full list
|Fairfax News Store
||Various Fairfax publications
||Various Australian media
||Various Australian media. Early 1800s on. Most major state newspapers up to 1954.
|Gale's Popular Magazines
||Various Australian magazines