1492 in Ireland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1492 |
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1492 in Ireland.
- March – pretender to the English throne Perkin Warbeck is brought from Cork to Harfleur by the fleet of Charles VIII of France.
- The Butler – Fitzgerald dispute is resolved at the 'door of reconciliation' in St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin.
- Archbishop Walter Fitzsimon is appointed Lord Deputy of Ireland.
- James Ormonde is appointed Lord Treasurer of Ireland.
- Alexander Plunket is appointed Lord Chancellor of Ireland.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- October 25 – Thaddeus McCarthy, Bishop of Ross, then Bishop of Cork and Cloyne (b. c. 1455)
- James Fleming, 7th Baron Slane, member of the Parliament of Ireland (from sweating sickness).
- Aedh Mac Fhlannchaidh, brehon lawyer and Ollamh of Thomond.
- Gunn, S. J. (2004). "Warbeck, Perkin". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/28669. Retrieved 2012-03-08. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- Jones, Timothy Willem; Matthews-Jones, Lucinda (2016). Material Religion in Modern Britain: The Spirit of Things. Springer. p. 50. ISBN 9781137540638.
- Annals of Ulster, vol.iii, ed. B. MacCarthy, Dublin, 1895, pp. 358ff; Annals of Connacht, ed. A. M. Freeman, Dublin, 1944, pp. 594ff.
|This year in Ireland article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|