1735 in Ireland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1735|
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1735 in Ireland.
- c. December – Bishop George Berkeley's economic text The Querist begins publication anonymously in Dublin.
- Construction of the Magazine Fort in Phoenix Park, Dublin, begins.
- Thomas Carte's An History of the Life of James, Duke of Ormonde begins publication in London.
Arts and literature
- The first known printed poetry by an Ulster Scots writer (in the Habbie stanza form) is published in a broadsheet in Strabane.
- February 27 – Thomas Conway, soldier of fortune (d. c.1800)
- July 19 – Garret Wesley, 1st Earl of Mornington, politician and composer (d. 1781)
- September 22 – Charles Bingham, 1st Earl of Lucan, politician (d. 1799)
- William Blakeney, British Army officer and politician (d. 1804)
- Thomas Busby, soldier and innkeeper (d. 1798)
- Sir Thomas Butler, 6th Baronet, politician (d. 1772)
- Patrick Duigenan, lawyer and politician (d. 1816)
- John McCausland, politician (d. 1804)
- Edward Dominic O'Brien, British Army officer (d. 1801)
- January 25 – Matthew Clerk, Presbyterian minister (b. 1659)
- February 26 – Gustavus Hamilton, politician (b. c.1685)
- August 4 – George St George, 1st Baron St George, politician (b. c.1658)
- August 27 – Peter Browne, Church of Ireland Bishop of Cork and Ross and writer (b. c.1665)