1619 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1619
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1619 in Ireland.
- March - Construction of the walls of Derry by The Honourable The Irish Society is completed, at a cost of £10,757.
- March 28 - Captain Nicholas Pynnar completes his Survey of the Escheated Counties of Ulster.
- May 1 - Native Irish ordered to leave lands of the British Plantation of Ulster by this date or be fined.
- October 3 - Lancelot Bulkeley is consecrated Archbishop of Dublin (Church of Ireland), an office he will hold until 1650.
- Stewart Castle, Newtownstewart, County Tyrone, is built by Sir Robert Newcomen.
- Dermod O'Meara's text on genetic disorders, De Moribus: Pathologia Haereditaria Generalis is published in Dublin, the first work in Latin and the first medical text published in Ireland.
- April 10 - Thomas Jones, Protestant churchman (b. c.1550).
- Christopher St Lawrence, 10th Baron Howth, statesman (b. c.1568)