1743 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1743
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1743 in Ireland.
- c. April – radical apothecary Charles Lucas publishes his pamphlet A Remonstrance against certain Infringements on the Rights and Liberties of the Commons and Citizens of Dublin, arguing that the right of electing Aldermen for Dublin lies with the entire Corporation.
- 15 June – Arthur Jones-Nevill is appointed Surveyor General of Ireland in succession to Arthur Dobbs.
- 16 April – William Beresford, 1st Baron Decies, Church of Ireland Archbishop of Tuam (died 1819).
- 16 June – Aedanus Burke, soldier, judge, and United States Representative from South Carolina (died 1802).
- 3 October – Henry Prittie, 1st Baron Dunalley, politician (died 1801).
- Joseph Atkinson, dramatist (died 1818).
- Henry Vaughan Brooke, politician (died 1807).
- James Gandon, architect (died 1823).
- Edward Hudson, dentist (died 1821).
- Approximate date – William Creed, politician and merchant in British North America (died 1809).
- 11 April – Sir John Osborne, 7th Baronet, politician.
- 3 June – Henry Hamilton, politician (born 1692).
- 16 June – Henry Cairnes, politician (born 1673).
- James Barry, politician (born 1689).
- Price Hartstonge, politician (born 1692).