1727 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1727
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1727 in Ireland.
- June 11 – George II becomes King of Great Britain and Ireland upon the death of George I.
- The Irish are permitted to trade in Youghal as corn is scarce; there are riots against its export to other parts.
- St. James's Hospital, Dublin, opens.
- Jonathan Swift's A Short View of the State of Ireland is written.
- April 23 – George Anne Bellamy, actress (d. 1788)
- December 27 – Arthur Murphy, editor and writer (d. 1805)
- Leslie Stephen, ed. (1885). Dictionary Of National Biography. IV. Macmillan and Co. p. 178. Retrieved 6 March 2015.