1677 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||Other events of 1677
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1677 in Ireland.
- August 24 - James Butler, 1st Duke of Ormonde, is again sworn in as Lord Lieutenant of Ireland.
- Francis Aungier, 3rd Baron Aungier of Longford, is created 1st Earl of Longford in the Peerage of Ireland.
- Richard Jones, Viscount Ranelagh, is created 1st (and only) Earl of Ranelagh in the Peerage of Ireland.
- Laurence Parsons is created Sir Laurence Parsons, 1st Baronet, of Birr Castle in the King's County, in the Baronetage of Ireland.
- Froinsias Ó Maolmhuaidh's Grammatica Latino-Hibernica nunc compendiata, the first printed grammar of the Irish language (in Latin), is published by the Congregation of Propaganda Fide in Rome.
- Approximate date - Richard FitzWilliam, 5th Viscount FitzWilliam, nobleman and politician (d. 1743)
- 1677 or 1678 - George Farquhar, dramatist (d. 1707)
- September - Richard Bellings, lawyer and Confederate politician (b. 1677)
- November 14 - John Temple, judge and politician (b. 1600)
- December 21 - John Parry, Church of Ireland Bishop of Ossory.
- December 31 - Theobald Taaffe, 1st Earl of Carlingford, Royalist soldier and courtier (b. c.1603)
- Francis de Bermingham, Baron Athenry.
- Froinsias Ó Maolmhuaidh, Franciscan monk and linguist (b. c.1605)
- Probable date - John Lynch (Gratianus Lucius), Roman Catholic priest and historian (b. 1599?)