1770 in Ireland
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|See also:||Other events of 1770
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1770 in Ireland.
- 21 March – the College Historical Society, a debating society at Trinity College, Dublin, founded by Edmund Burke, holds its first meeting when Burke's Club (founded 1747) merges with the Historical Club (1753).
- Lough Ree Yacht Club is founded as Athlone Yacht Club.
Arts and literature
- John O'Keeffe's play The Giant's Causeway.
- 12 January – James Stopford, 1st Earl of Courtown, politician (born 1700).
- 12 September – William Annesley, 1st Viscount Glerawly, politician (born 1710).
- Full date unknown
- Francis Lucas, naval officer and merchant trader (b. c1741).