1842 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||1842 in the United Kingdom
Other events of 1842
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1842 in Ireland.
- 6 February – Jeremiah O'Sullivan, Roman Catholic Bishop of Mobile (died 1896).
- 10 February – Agnes Mary Clerke, astronomer and writer (died 1907).
- 9 May – William Hone, cricketer (died 1919).
- 23 August – Osborne Reynolds, engineer and prominent innovator in the understanding of fluid dynamics (died 1912).
- 11 April – John England, first Catholic Bishop of Charleston, South Carolina (born 1786).
- 8 June – Henry Parnell, 1st Baron Congleton, politician. (born 1776).
- 12 August – William Corbet, member of the United Irishmen, soldier, Commander-in-Chief to French forces in Greece (born 1779).
- 30 August – John Banim, dramatist and playwright (born 1798).
- 28 September – Sir Michael O'Loghlen, 1st Baronet, judge, politician and Attorney-General for Ireland (born 1789).
- 4 October – Lowry Cole, soldier, politician and MP for Enniskillen from 1797 to 1800, Governor of Mauritius and Cape Colony (born 1772).
- O'Sullivan, T. F. (1945). Young Ireland. Tralee: The Kerryman Ltd.