1809 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
|See also:||1809 in the United Kingdom
Other events of 1809
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1809 in Ireland.
- October - Completion of the Military Road across the Wicklow Mountains.
- 21 October - Nelson's Pillar opened in Sackville Street, Dublin.
- The first Roman Catholic Magdalene asylum in Ireland is opened in Cork.
Arts and literature
- Jonah Barrington's Historic Anecdotes and Secret Memoirs of the Legislative Union between Great Britain and Ireland is published.
- Edward Bunting's A General Collection of the Ancient Music of Ireland is published.
- 1 May - Samuel Blackall, soldier, politician and second Governor of Queensland, Australia (died 1871).
- James Duffy, author and publisher (died 1871).