1612 in Ireland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1612 |
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1612 in Ireland.
- April 10 – a royal charter of King James VI and I creates the City and County of Londonderry, and The Honourable The Irish Society to run the new plantation.
- The town of Roscommon is incorporated.
- October 20 – Richard Boyle, 1st Earl of Burlington, cavalier and Lord High Treasurer of Ireland (d. 1698)
- Edward King, poet (d. 1637)
- February 1 – Conor O'Devany, 8th Roman Catholic Bishop of Down and Connor, executed for high treason (b. c. 1532)
- February 1 – Patrick O'Loughran, Roman Catholic priest, executed for high treason.
- John Davies – Discoverie of the True Causes why Ireland was never entirely subdued.[sic]
- Lotz-Heumann, Ute (2004). "St John, Oliver, first Viscount Grandison of Limerick (1559–1630)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/24501. Retrieved 2012-10-15. (subscription or UK public library membership required)