1622 in Ireland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other events of 1622 |
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1622 in Ireland.
- April 18 – Oliver St John surrenders the office of Lord Deputy of Ireland. He has served since 1616.
- May 3 – Hugh Montgomery is created 1st Viscount Montgomery, of the Great Ardes, in the Peerage of Ireland.
- September 18 – Henry Cary, 1st Viscount Falkland, is sworn in as Lord Deputy of Ireland.
- Thomas Dease is consecrated Roman Catholic Bishop of Meath, returning to Ireland from Paris.
- Frederick Hamilton is given lands in Leitrim.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- November 10 – Henry Folliott, 1st Baron Folliott, settled in and developed Ballyshannon area (b. c.1568)
- November 14 – Miler Magrath, Church of Ireland Archbishop of Cashel since 1571 and Roman Catholic Bishop of Down and Connor 1565–1580 (sic.) (b. c.1523)
- Lotz-Heumann, Ute (2004). "St John, Oliver, first Viscount Grandison of Limerick (1559–1630)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/24501. Retrieved 2012-10-15. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- Kelsey, Sean (2004). "Cary, Henry, first Viscount Falkland (c.1575–1633)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/4837. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "Henry Folliott, 1st Lord Folliott, Baron of Ballyshannon". thePeerage.com. Person Page 3190. Accessed 2014-01-20.