1661 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1661
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1661 in Ireland.
- April 23 - Charles II of England, Ireland and Scotland receives his second crowning, in Westminster Abbey.
- The Earldom of Drogheda is created in the Peerage of Ireland.
- The Bishopric of Limerick in the Church of Ireland is combined with Ardfert and Aghadoe to form the united bishopric of Limerick, Ardfert and Aghadoe, Edward Synge being the first bishop.
- The Book of Kells is presented to Trinity College, Dublin.
- Dromore Cathedral is rebuilt.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (October 2012)|
|This Ireland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|