Scroll of the Psalms
|Book||Book of Psalms|
|Hebrew Bible part||Ketuvim|
|Order in the Hebrew part||1|
|Christian Bible part||Old Testament|
|Order in the Christian part||19|
Psalm 123 is the 123rd psalm of the biblical Book of Psalms. It is one of 15 psalms that begins with the words "A song of ascents" (Shir Hama'a lot). In the Greek Septuagint version of the bible, and in its Latin translation in the Vulgate, this psalm is Psalm 122 in a slightly different numbering system.
- Is recited following Mincha between Sukkot and Shabbat Hagadol.
- Verse 3 is part of the final paragraph of Tachanun.
In the Liturgy of Hours today, Psalm 123 is recited or sung at Vespers on Monday the third semaine, as the psalm that follows. In the liturgy of the Mass, it is read on the third Sunday in Ordinary Time of the year.
- The Complete Artscroll Siddur, p. 530.
- The Complete Artscroll Siddur, p. 139.
- Complete Artscroll Siddur.
- Guéranger, Prosper (2007), Règle de saint Benoît, Abbaye Saint-Pierre de Solesmes, p. 46.
- Le cycle des lectures des messes du dimanche se déroule sur trois ans.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Psalm 123.|