|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Elevation AMSL||1,926 ft / 587 m|
Shirdi Airport is an airport under construction near the town of Shirdi in Maharashtra, India. The airport, spread over 400 hectares, is located at Kakdi village about 14 km Southwest of Shirdi. The airport is being built by the Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC). MADC completed the construction work by February 2016 and has applied to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) for an aerodrome licence to commence operation of non-scheduled flights.
The Ahmednagar district administration officially acquired land for the airport project on December 22, 2009. The single runway was initially intended to be 60 metres wide and 2,000 metres long and the airport was expected to start operations in December 2011. However, the MADC decided to extend the length of the runway to 3,200 metres to enable operations of larger aircraft and consequently the project missed its deadline. Runway length now stands at 2,500 metres. Plans for a terminal building costing around Rs 40 crore were abandoned due to shortage of funds and a smaller terminal costing 3- 4 crores will be built instead.
The work is now expected to be completed in 2018 before the forthcoming centenary celebrations of Sai Baba's Samadhi that will draw thousands of devotees to the pilgrim town from various parts of the country as well as abroad.
The Rs. 340 crore airport project is part of the State Government's effort to promote religious tourism at Shirdi, known for the temple of Sai Baba, among the most revered spiritual gurus in India. Around 80,000 devotees visit the temple town daily and the numbers go up to 5 lakh per day during weekends, vacations and festivals. These pilgrims access Shirdi via road, Sainagar Shirdi Railway Station and the Aurangabad Airport located 125 km from Shirdi.
- "Maha govt seeks aerodrome licence for Shirdi airport". Business Standard. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Shirdi airport work in full swing: Official". Times of India. 2 July 2010. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- Shirdi airport to become operational by Dec 2011
- "Shirdi airport delayed due to runway modification". Daily News & Analysis. 4 August 2010. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
- "Shirdi airport not to meet Nov deadline". Indian Express. 17 October 2012. Retrieved 22 December 2012.
- "Shirdi Airport to be completed in 3 years: Sahay". NewKerela.com. 15 January 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.