|Ajmer (Kishangarh) Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Owner/Operator||Airports Authority of India|
Ajmer Airport(Kishangarh Airport) is being constructed at Kishangarh on National Highway 8, 27 km North East of Ajmer in Rajasthan, India. The foundation stone of the project was laid by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in September 2013. The airport is being built by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) and is expected to commence operations in July 2017. The airport will cover an area of 637 acres and will have a 2,000 metre long runway.
Initial government efforts to acquire land for the project at Sardana had to be abandoned before the current location was chosen by the district administration. Kishangarh Airport is the first of over 100 airports that are to be built in India by 2020. The project is being undertaken by the Airports Authority of India at a cost of about ₹161 crores.
The airport will have a 2,000 metre long runway that will allow daytime operation of smaller aircraft. The parking apron will be able to simultaneously accommodate two ATR aircraft initially. The 2,700 square metre passenger terminal building will handle 150 passengers per hour. Other features at the terminal include 6 check-in counters, two X-ray screening machines for baggage screening and an elevated baggage conveyor belt in the arrivals terminal. The airport will also have parking space for 125 cars. The AAI will a 100 megawatt solar power plant at the airport. Considering the scarcity of water in the area, AAI will build a water harvesting system at the airport as also a modern sewage treatment plant for re-use of water.
- "Focus on connecting small cities by air: Manmohan". The Hindu. 21 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Controversy over, Kishangarh airport to be final name". Times of India. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "More than 100 airports to connect small cities by 2020: PM". Deccan Chronicle. 22 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- 2 years on, Kishangarh airport script still awry
- "Kishangarh airport to be operational in 36 months". Times of India. 22 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Focus on connecting small cities by air: Manmohan Singh". The Indian Express. 21 September 2013. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Ajmer airport to run on solar energy". The Times of India. 3 January 2016. Retrieved 2 March 2016.