Body swap appearances in media
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
Body swaps have been a common storytelling device in fiction media. Books such as Vice Versa (1882) and Freaky Friday (1972) have inspired a number of adaptation films as well as television shows, some of which have used derivatives of Freaky Friday for its episode titles. In 2013, Disney Channel held a Freaky Freakend with seven shows that featured body-swapping episodes.[note 1]
The list focuses mainly on exchanges between two beings, thus it forgoes similar phenomena of body hopping, spirit possession, transmigration, avatars and even brain transplants, unless the target being's mind is conversely placed in the source's body. It also excludes age transformations as with the movie Big or 17 Again that are sometimes considered body swaps by the media, and role swaps between twins, clones, look-alikes, doppelgängers and multiple personalities.
|Title||Author||Year||Characters||Method / Notes||Reference|
|Vice Versa: A Lesson to Fathers||F. Anstey||1882||Paul and Dick Bultitude (father and son)||wish from magic stone|||
|Freaky Friday||Mary Rodgers||1972||teenage girl and her mother||unknown means|||
|Airhead book series||Meg Cabot||2008||Emerson Watts (tomboy) and Nikki Howard (teenage supermodel)||brain transplant / first in Airhead trilogy[note 2]|||
|The Anubis Gates||Tim Powers||1983||Doyle and Dog-Face Joe||OCLC 10259963|
|Cerberus: A Wolf in the Fold||Jack Chalker||1982||various characters||Warden powers to swap minds of two sleeping participants||OCLC 277005501|
|Dragon Princess||S. Andrew Swann||2014||Thief, princess, dragon and wizard||Wizard's spell|||
|An Exchange of Souls||Barry Pain||1911||inspired H.P. Lovecraft's 1937 short story The Thing on the Doorstep|||
|Flip||Martyn Bedford||2011||teenager and another boy||OCLC 639518192|
|Fox Eyes||Mordicai Gerstein||2001||Martin and a fox||staring at fox's eyes||OCLC 44750632|
|Gender Blender||Blake Nelson||2006||Emma and Tom||OCLC 60590030|
|Help! I'm Trapped... book series||Todd Strasser||1993-2011||Multiple characters||Mind-swapping machine|||
|The Identity Matrix||Jack L. Chalker||1982||Victor Gonser swaps with various women||Alien powers|||
|Katie Kazoo, Switcheroo series||Nancy E. Krulik||2002-2010||Katie Kazoo and various characters||Magic wind (originally wish from a falling star)|||
|Laughing Gas||P. G. Wodehouse||1936||Reggie and Joey||inhale laughing gas at a dentist's office|||
|The Master Mind of Mars||Edgar Rice Burroughs||1928||multiple people||brain transplant|||
|Mindswap||Robert Sheckley||1966||Marvin Flynn and various alien people||mind-swapping technology||OCLC 18565280|
|My Lady, My Lord||Katharine Ashe||2014||Lord Ian Chance and Lady Corinna Mowbray||magic statue||OCLC 881632365|
|Prelude to a Kiss (play)||Craig Lucas||1988||Old man and bride||kiss|||
|The Stolen||Alex Shearer||2003||young girl and elderly witch||magic potion|||
|Switch||Carol Snow||2008||Claire and Larissa (average teenage girl and a model blonde)||lightning storms|||
|The Tale of the Body Thief||Anne Rice||1992||Lestat de Lioncourt and Raglan James|||
|The Toilet of Doom||Michael Lawrence||2001||Jiggy McCue and Angie||magic toilet / third in Jiggy McCue series||OCLC 50802367|
|Tiffany Twisted||Alison Tyler||2006||Tiffany and Kurt||OCLC 64554840|
|Turnabout||Thorne Smith||1931||Tim and Sally Willows|||
|The Barking Ghost||R. L. Stine||1995||Cooper, Margaret and two dogs||spell / Goosebumps series #32||OCLC 32441922|
|Switched||R. L. Stine||1995||Nicole and Lucy||/ Fear Street series #31||OCLC 32331235|
|Why I'm I Afraid Of Bees||R. L. Stine||1994||Gary and a bee||/ Goosebumps series #17||OCLC 29815540|
|Title||Author||Year||Characters||Method / Notes||Reference|
|"The Great Keinplatz Experiment"||Arthur Conan Doyle|||
|"The Thing on the Doorstep"||H. P. Lovecraft||1937||Edward Derby / Asenath Waite||magic|
|The Shadow Out of Time||H. P. Lovecraft||Nathaniel Wingate Peaslee||psychic temporal transfer|
|Lejana (The Distances)||Julio Cortázar||woman and beggar||hug|||
|"The Story of the Late Mr Elvesham"||H. G. Wells|
|"Ichchhepuron (Fulfilling the wish)"||Rabindranath Tagore|
|"Mefisto In Onyx"||Harlan Ellison|
|"Chateau d'If"||Jack Vance|
|Title||Country||Directed by||Year||Characters||Method / Notes||Reference|
|18 Again!||United States||Paul Andrew Flaherty||1988||Grandfather and grandson||Car accident|||
|A Saintly Switch||United States||Peter Bogdanovich||1999||National Football League quarterback and his wife.||Kids cast voodoo spell|||
|Alison’s Birthday||Australia||Ian Coughlan||1981||Young girl and old crone.||Demonic ritual|||
|All of Me||United States||Carl Reiner||1984||An attorney and his female client.||Mystic with soul transfer ability. Souls can also share bodies.|||
|All Screwed Up||United States||Neil Stephens||2009||Jock guy and a science nerd girl.||Science experiment on ancient African beetle goes wrong.|||
|The Change-Up||United States||David Dobkin||2011||A lawyer and family man switches with his best friend who is an adult video actor.||Urinating at a magic fountain|||
|Dame tu cuerpo (Give Me Your Body)||Mexico||Rafael Montero||2003||A guy's fiancee and best friend, which is a soccer coach.||Wish during planetary alignment|||
|Dating the Enemy||Australia||Megan Simpson Huberman||1996||Boyfriend and girlfriend||Wish during full moon|||
|Detention (2011 film)||United States||Joseph Kahn||2011||Daughter in 2010 and mother in 1992||Rays from an alien spaceship|||
|Dogmatic||Canada||Neill Fearnley||1996||A man and his dog|||
|Dream a Little Dream||United States||Marc Rocco||1989||Teenager and older man||Meditation experiment and collision|||
|Eine wie keiner||Germany||Marco Petry||2008||Boyfriend and girlfriend|||
|Every Dog Has His Date||Hong Kong, China||James Yuan||2001||A man and his employer's dog||Lightning|||
|Freaky Friday||United States||Gary Nelson||1976||Mother and daughter.||Wish|||
|Freaky Friday||United States||Melanie Joy Mayron||1995||Mother and daughter||Magical amulets|
|Freaky Friday||United States||Mark Stephen Waters||2003||Mother and daughter.||fortune cookies|||
|Ghost Graduation||Spain||Javier Ruiz Caldera||2012|||
|Hilfe, ich bin ein Junge (Help, I'm a boy!)||Germany||Oliver Dommenget||2002||Boy and girl.||Magic spellbook|||
|Holiday Wishes||Canada||David Weaver||2006||Teenagers Britney (rich girl) and Rachel (foster kid)||Christmas wish|||
|The Hot Chick||United States||Tom Brady||2002||A popular high school cheerleader finds herself in a man's body.||Earrings|||
|Identity Theft||United States||James A. Ward||2009||A male lottery winner ends up swapping bodies with a beautiful female model who is in deep debt and is wanted by the police.||Spirit|||
|It's a Boy Girl Thing||United Kingdom,
|Nick Hurran||2006||Teenage boy and girl||Statue casts a spell|||
|Ithihasa||India||Binu S. Kalady||2014||A petty thief ends up swapping bodies with a female software professional.||Ring|||
|Just Follow Law||Singapore||Jack Neo||2007||Supervisor and subordinate||Car accident|||
|Like Father Like Son||United States||Rod Daniel||1987||Father and son||drank a potion|||
|Pon un hombre en tu vida (Put a man in your life)||Spain||Eva Lesmes||1996||Male sports coach and female singer.|||
|Mighty Mouse in the Great Space Chase||United States||Gwen Wetzler||1982||Harry the Heartless and Queen Pearlheart.||Harry's Thought Transfer Machine|||
|Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea||Japan||Kunihiko Yuyama||2006||Jessie, James and Meowth. Ash and Jackie.||Manaphy's Heart Swap attack|
|Préstame tu cuerpo||Mexico||Tulio Demicheli||1958||Leonor and Regina||The "accidental" death of Leonor due to a mistake made by her guardian angel, Simplicia.|
|Prelude to a Kiss||United States||Norman René||1992||Mysterious old man and a bride||Kiss|||
|Scooby-Doo||United States||Raja Gosnell||2002||Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma||Demons|||
|The Secret||France||Vincent Perez||2007||Mother and daughter||Car accident|||
|Se Eu Fosse Você (If I Were You)||Brazil||Daniel Filho||2006||Husband and wife.||Arguing under stars|||
|Se Eu Fosse Você 2 (If I Were You 2)||Brazil||Daniel Filho||2009||Husband and wife.||Arguing under stars|||
|Si j’étais lui (If I Were Him)||France||Philip Triboit||2002|
|Si j’étais elle (If I Were Her)||Belgium,
|Shrek the Third||United States||Chris Miller, Raman Hui||2007||Donkey and Puss In Boots||side-effect of teleportation spell|||
|Sister Switch||United States||Torrance Colvin||2009||11-year-old student with 18-year-old sister music pop star||potion|||
|The Skeleton Key||United States||Iain Softley||2005||Caroline body swaps with Mama Cecile and later finds herself in Violet's body.||Spirit power|||
|Soowitch||Canada||Jean-François Rivard||2001||Man and woman||One-night stand|||
|Transformed||United States||Pamela Sutch[note 3]||2005||Hilda (female mad scientist) and Allen (guy), Vanessa (another swapper)||mind-swapping device|||
|Turnabout||United States||Marion Withers||1940||Husband and wife||Indian idol|||
|Vice Versa||United States||Brian Gilbert||1988||Father and son||Touched weird artifact|||
|Wish Upon a Star||United States||Blair Treu||1996||Alexia (popular girl) and Hayley (geeky younger sister)||Wish on falling star|||
|Xchange||Canada||Allan Moyle||2000||agent and terrorist leader||technology that lets people travel by swapping minds|||
Shows with body swaps
The following shows have a body swap as a major storyline or feature a character who has swapped bodies over multiple episodes.
|Title||Character||Method / Notes||Reference|
|American Dad||Klaus Heissler and a goldfish||CIA experiment|||
|Boy Meets Girl||Danny Reed and Veronica Burton||Struck by lightning|||
|Secret Garden||A rich CEO and a stuntwoman||sharing magic liquor bottle|||
|Turnabout||Husband and wife||Magic statue / 1979 TV series based on 1931 novel by Thorne Smith|
|Drop Dead Diva||Deb & Jane, Grayson & Ian||pressing the button on a computer in Heaven / Later, Jane returns to Earth by swapping with a third body|||
|Papa to Musume no Nanokakan (パパとムスメの７日間?, Seven Days of a Daddy and a Daughter)||father and daughter||train malfunction|||
Episodes with body swaps
TV episodes where characters swap bodies.
|Title||Episode||Characters||Method / Notes||Refs|
|A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives||"A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives" OVA||Taito, Himea and Mirai; Gekkou and Haruka||drinking potion and touching someone|||
|The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius||"Trading Faces"||Jimmy and Cindy||Lightning strikes mind-reading device|||
|Adventure Time||"Sons of Mars"||Jake and Magic Man||Spell|||
|The Amazing World of Gumball||"Halloween"||Gumball in Darwin's body, Darwin in Anais's body, Anais in Gumball's body||Potion lets characters escape their bodies / Mix-up in retrieving bodies causes switch|
|American Dad||"Don't Look a Smith Horse in the Mouth"||Stan and his new horse||Device: CIA technology|
|American Dad||"Da Flippity Flop"||Stan and Klaus||Device: CIA technology|
|American Dragon: Jake Long||"Switcheroo"||Jake and Haley||Magic mirror|
|Angel||"Carpe Noctem"||Angel with an old man called Marcus||Spell|||
|Animal Yokochō||"Doki☆Doki Volume: Ami And Iyo's Big Misunderstanding"||Ami and Iyo|
|The Annoying Orange||"The Deviled Egg"||Pear and Marshmallow; Midget Apple and Grapefruit||Special ability[note 4]|||
|A.N.T. Farm||"MutANT Farm"||Paisley and a duck||Olive's machine|
|A.N.T. Farm||"idANTity crisis"||Chyna gets in Violet's body, Violet in Fletcher's body, Fletcher in Olive's body, and Olive in Chyna's body||Yogurt machine [note 1]|
|Ape Escape||"Suddenly bodies switch?!"||Spike and Natalie||Badly programmed dimensional light machine that Professor activates by accident|
|Austin & Ally||"Freaky Friends & Fan Fiction"||Austin in Dez's body, Trish in Ally's body, Ally in Trish's body and Dez in Austin's body. Later, Ally and Dez switch bodies||Magic typewriter [note 1]|
|The Avengers||"Who's Who"||Enemy agents swap bodies with Steed and Mrs. Peel||Machine|
|Avengers Assemble||"The Avengers Protocol Part 1"||Captain America and Red Skull||Bodyswitching machine|
|Batman: The Brave and the Bold||"The Criss Cross Conspiracy!"||Batman with Katrina Moldoff||Spell by Felix Faust|
|Beast Wars Neo||"Break is a Predacon?"||Break and Saberback|
|Ben 10||"A Change of Face"||Gwen with Charmcaster and later with Ben|
|Ben 10: Omniverse||"Ben Again"||11-year-old Ben with 16-year-old Ben||Eon's cross-time brain switch|||
|Big Bad Beetleborgs||"The Good, the Bad, and the Scary"||Drew and Noxic; Roland and Typhus; Jo and Jara||Fangula's spell|||
|Bravest Warriors||"Merewif Tag"||Chris and Plum||Merewif Tag (Plum's special ability)|||
|Breadwinners||"Switcheroo"||SwaySway and Buhdeuce||Magic bread|
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer||"This Year's Girl" / "Who Are You"||Faith and Buffy||Mystical ring |
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer||"Witch"||Amy Madison and her mother Catherine||Spell|
|Captain Planet and the Planeteers||"The Unbearable Blightness of Being"||Gaia and Dr. Blight||Dr. Blight's body-switching device|
|Cardcaptor Sakura||"Sakura, Kero, and Syaoran"||Syaoran and Kero||The Change card|||
|ChalkZone||"Bullsnap"||Snap and a bull.|
|Charmed||"Enter the Demon"||Phoebe and Paige, Piper and the Zen Master||accidental spell and Paige's potion|||
|Charmed||"Freaky Phoebe"||Phoebe and Amara||Spell cast by Amara|
|Charmed||"The Lost Picture Show"||Piper and Leo||Spell cast by magical marriage counsellor|
|Chikyu Sentai Fiveman||"Super Twin Strategy"||Fumiya and Remi|
|Chowder||"A Little Bit of Pizzaz"||Mung, Truffles, Schnitzel and Chowder||Mind-swapping ingredient Pizzazz and explosion|||
|Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers||"A Fly in the Ointment"||Zipper and Professor Nimnul, Chip and Monterey, Dale and Gadget swap bodies and attributes, but retain their heads||Teleportation device (Phonomatic Modemizer)|
|Code Lyoko||"A Fine Mess"||Yumi Ishiyama and Odd Della Robbia||Computer malfunction|
|Community||"Basic Human Anatomy"||Troy and Abed||Wish|||
|Danger Mouse||"There's a Penfold in my Suit"||Danger Mouse and Penfold, Baron Greenback and Stiletto||Mystic Swapping Stone|
|Danny Phantom||"Splitting Images"||Danny and Sidney Poindexter|
|Daphne in the Brilliant Blue||"Heaven Can Wait For Maia Mizuki"||Mizuki and Gloria|
|Darkwing Duck||"Trading Faces"||Darkwing and Gosalyn, Launchpad and Honker||Computer malfunction|
|Dexter's Laboratory||"Mom and Jerry"||Dexter and a mouse||Brain-transplant machine|||
|Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears||"If I Were You"||Duke Igthorn and Tummi Gummi||Magic Wand|
|Dog With a Blog||"Freaky Fido"||Stan and Tyler, Ellen and Bennett||Lightning||[note 1]|
|Donkey Kong Country||"The Big Switcheroo"||Donkey Kong and a robot, Candy Kong and General Klump||Mind-swapping helmets|
|Eerie, Indiana||"No Brain, No Pain"||Simon, Chappy, Marshall, wife||Device (Brainalyzer)|
|8 Simple Rules||"Freaky Friday"||Grandpa and C.J., Bridget and her mother, Rory and his hamster||Cate's dream after watching Freaky Friday|||
|Engine Sentai Go-onger||"GP 12: Sosuke Banki!?"||Sosuke and Hatsuden Banki|
|Excel Saga||"Going Too Far"||Excel and Hyatt|||
|Eureka||"Jack of All Trades"||Carter, Fargo, Zane, Allison||Mind-mining program|
|Totally Spies!||"Totally Switched"||Clover and Jerry||Magic pendant / Only their personalities switch.|
|Totally Spies!||"Totally Switched Again!"||Various characters||Mind-swap blaster|
|Fairly 1The Fairly OddParents||"Dog's Day Afternoon"||Timmy and Vicky's dog||Wish|
|Fairly 2The Fairly OddParents||"Presto Change-O"||Timmy, A.J., Francis, Mr. Crocker, Timmy's parents, Vicky, Vicky's dog||Wish for mind-swapping device|
|Fairly 3The Fairly OddParents||"Manic Mom-Day"||Timmy and his mom||Wish|
|Fairly 4The Fairly OddParents||"Country Clubbed"||Wanda and Sparky||Cosmo's body-switching machine|
|Fairy Tail||"Changeling"||Natsu and Loke, Lucy and Gray, Erza and Happy||Spell on a paper|||
|Family Guy||"Lois Kills Stewie"||Peter and Lois||Device (Stewie's invention)|
|Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes||"Doomed"||Reed and Dr. Doom||Injection|
|Farscape||"Out of Their Minds"||"Moya" crew||alien weapon|
|The Flintstones||"Monster Fred"||Various characters||Device (mad scientist)|
|Fresh Pretty Cure!||"Tart is Inori, Inori is Tart!?"||Ionri and Tarte||Mind-swapping machine|
|Friday the 13th: The Series||"The Long Road Home"||Samsara charm|||
|Friday the 13th: The Series||"My Wife as a Dog"||Firefighter's wife and his dog||Aboriginal Leash of Dreams|
|Futurama: Benders Game||--||The Professor and a monkey||Device|
|Futurama||"The Prisoner of Benda"||Various characters||Mind-swapping machine||[note 5]|
|Gadget and the Gadgetinis||"Swap Team"||Gadget, Miss Mithit and an ogre||Swap Control Centre|
|Garfield and Friends||"The Idol of ID"||Garfield and Odie; Jon and a gypsy|
|Garfield Show, TheThe Garfield Show||"Freaky Monday"||Garfield and Odie||Spell by alien|
|Genie in the House||"Out of Our Minds"||Philip and Emma Norton|
|Gilligan's Island||"The Friendly Physician"||The castaways||Mind-swapping Machine|
|Girls Bravo||"Bravo at the Pool!"||Fukuyama and Yukinari; Kirie and Miharu||Spell by Lisa|||
|Glee||"Props"||Various characters||Bump to the head||[note 6]|
|Gravity Falls||"Carpet Diem"||Dipper and Mabel, various characters||Magic carpet||[note 1]|
|Haven (TV series)||"The Ol' Switcheroo Part 1"||Vince and Dave, Gloria and Dwight, Nathan and Duke||Trouble|
|Highway To Heaven||"Change of Life"||Mark Gordon and actress Linda Blackwell||Wish|
|I Dream Of Jeannie||"Haven't I Seen Me Someplace Before?"||Roger and Tony||Wish|
|Intergalactic Kitchen||"Take Me to Your Larder"||Various characters||Machine malfunction|
|Jackie Chan Adventures||"Sheep in Sheep Out"||Jackie and Jade|
|Jennifer Slept Here||"Changing Faces"|
|Jessie||"To Be Me, or Not to Be Me"||Jessie and Zuri, Ravi and Bertram, Emma and Luke||Magic bell||[note 1]|
|Jimmy Two-Shoes||"Monster Mutt"||Beezie and Cerby; Jimmy and Heloise.|
|Johnny Test||"Papa Johnny"||Johnny and Hugh, Susan and her mom||Mind-swapping machine|
|Johnny Test||"Johnny Susan, Susan Johnny"||Susan and Johnny||Mind-swapping machine|
|Jumanji||"Who am I?"||Various characters||Ball of light|
|Justice League Unlimited||"The Great Brain Robbery"||Flash and Lex Luthor||Combination of spell (Doctor Fate) and brain scan (Luthor on Gorilla Grodd)|
|Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger||"A Change More Gokai Than Usual"||Doc and Luka|
|Kappa Mikey||"Manic Monday"||Lily and Mitsuki||Magic bracelets|||
|King Arthur's Disasters||"King Guinevere"||King Arthur and Princess Guinevere||Merlin Spell|
|Sgt. Frog||Episode 85, "Keroro, Turn Once and Switch Bodies"||Keroro and Natsumi||Random Capsule Toys Machine|
|Sgt. Frog||Episode 276, "Keroro, the admiral attacks/Giroro, it's this zipper"||Kururu and Akina; Keroro's mother and Natsumi||Random Capsule Toys Machine|
|Sgt. Frog||Episode 316, "Momoka, I'm the sergeant?"||Momoka and Keroro, Tamama and Fuyuki||Random Capsule Toys Machine|
|Kid vs. Kat||"BoardKat"||Coop and Kat; Dennis and Kat||Device (Kat' invention)|
|Kim Possible||"Mind Games"||Kim and Ron||Mind-swapping machine|
|Kochikame||"I'm Reiko and I'm Ryuou-chan?!"||Ryotsu and Reiko|
|Krypto the Superdog||"Dog-Gone Kevin"||Krypto and Kevin Whitney||Red Kryptonite|
|Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness||"Shifu's Ex"||Shifu and Mei Ling||Zhou Deng Soul Gem|
|Lilo & Stitch: The Series||"Swapper"||Various characters||Experiment|
|Lizzie McGuire||"Those Freaky McGuires"||Matt and Lizzie||Arguing|
|Lloyd in Space||"Lloyd Changes His Mind"||Lloyd and Francine|
|Lost Girl||"Original Skin"||Various characters||Ingesting Gorgon's blood|||
|Lunar Jim||"The Big Switcheroo"||Rover and TED||Teleporting machine|
|The New Archies||"Change of Minds"||Eugene and Moose; Archie and Jughead||Eugene's Invention|
|Mahou Sentai Magiranger||"Contrary Brother and Sister", "The Gorgon's Garden"||Kai Ozu and his sister Houka Ozu||Alien weapon|
|Mamotte! Lollipop||"Nina is Zero and Zero is Nina!"||Nina and Zero|
|Martha Speaks||"Dog for a Day"||Martha and TD|
|3-2-1 Penguins!||"Invasion of the Body Swappers"||Zidgel and Kevin||Galeezle mishap??[jargon]|
|Medium||"Bring your daughter to work day"||Allison Dubois and her daughter Bridgette||homeless person|
|Mega Man||"Bot Transfer"||Mega Man and Snake Man.|
|The Mighty B!||"Hen And Bappy"||Ben and Happy; Bessie and Hippie||Magic taquitos|
|Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers||"Switching Places"||Billy and Kimberly||Machine malfunction|
|Mr. Young||"Mr. Switch"||Adam into Echo's body; Echo into Derby's body; Derby into Slab's body; Slab into Ivy's body; Ivy into Dang's body; Dang into Adam's body; Mr. Tator and Ms. Byrne||Machine malfunction|||
|My Friends Tigger and Pooh||"The Tiglet and Pigger Switcher-Roo"||Tigger and Piglet|
|My Hero||"Brain Drain"||Piers, Tyler, and Janet||Mind-loading machine loads wrong data|
|Night Gallery||"The Housekeeper"||Housekeeper and Wife||Spell|||
|Night Gallery||"Since aunt Ada came to stay"||old Witch and Wife||Based on a short story "The Witch" by A. E. van Vogt|
|Noonbory and the Super Seven||"The Great Switcheroo"||Cozybory and Wangury||Spell|||
|Out of Jimmy's Head||"Out of Jimmy's Body"|
|Penguins of Madagascar, TheThe Penguins of Madagascar||"Roger Dodger"||Rico and Roger the Gator||Kowalski's Device|
|The Penguins of Madagascar||"King Me"||Various characters||Kowalski's Device|
|The Penguins of Madagascar||"High Moltage"||Maurice and Julien's booty||Kowalski's Device|
|Phil of the Future||"Neander Phil"||Phil and Curtis||Machine malfunction|
|Phil of the Future||"Versa Day"||Phil and Pim|
|Phineas and Ferb||"Does This Duckbill Make Me Look Fat?"||Candace and Perry||Phineas and Ferb invention|
|Phineas and Ferb||"Mind Share"||Various characters||Alien weapon||[note 1]|
|Pirates of Dark Water, TheThe Pirates of Dark Water||"The Soul Stealer"||Ren and Bloth; Niddler and Konk|
|Power Rangers Megaforce||"The Grass is Always Greener... or Bluer"||Jake and Noah||Spell by Monster|
|Power Rangers Ninja Storm||"Sensei Switcheroo"||Shane and Sensei, Dustin and Sensei||Machine malfunction|
|Power Rangers S.P.D.||"Recognition"||Sky and Wootox||Wootox's special ability / activated by head-butt|||
|Power Rangers Samurai||"Trading Places"||Jayden and a garden gnome, others||Switchbeast's special ability / person assumes the pose of its statue.|||
|Powerpuff Girls, TheThe Powerpuff Girls||"Criss Cross Crisis"||Various characters||Machine malfunction|
|Powerpuff Girls Z||"Trading Faces"||The girls|
|Prisoner, TheThe Prisoner||"Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling"||Number Six and another prisoner|
|Random! Cartoons||"Dr. Froyd's Funny Farm"||Lulu and Bossy LeCow|
|Red Dwarf||"Bodyswap"||Rimmer and Lister; Rimmer and the Cat|||
|Replacements, TheThe Replacements||"A Buzzwork Orange"||Agent K and Dick Daring.||Agent K Device|
|Robocop: Alpha Commando||"The ERG and I"||Agent Nancy Miner and The Erg|
|Robotboy||"RoboGus and the G-Machine"||Robotboy and Gus||AI chip|||
|Robotboy||"The Old Switcharobot"||Robotboy and Protoboy||Switching of AI chips|||
|Rolie Polie Olie||"Big Babies"||Olie and Spot; Babies and Parents|
|Sabrina: The Animated Series||"Generation Zap"||Sabrina and Enchantra||Wish on Salem's wish crystal|||
|Secret Show, TheThe Secret Show||"And That's For Helsinki"||Victor and Anita||Flashback; Brain chunks switched|
|The Secret World of Alex Mack||"The Switch"||Alex and Barbara.|
|Shake It Up||"Switch It Up"||CeCe and Flynn||Spell (Tinka's grandma's curse)||[note 1]|
|Shaun the Sheep||"Cat Got Your Brain"||Shaun and Pidsley|
|The Simpsons||"Holidays of Future Passed"||Carl and Lenny||Unknown|
|Smallville||"Transference"||Clark and Lionel||Kryptonian artifact|
|Smile PreCure!||"Miyuki and Candy swa~pped places!?"||Miyuki and Candy||Magic rings|||
|Smosh (Web series)||"Food Battle 2012"||Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla||Mind-swapping Machine|
|The Smurfs (TV series)||"Turncoat Smurf"||Grouchy and Smurfette, Gargamel and Azrael||Magic potion|
|Stargate: SG-1||"Holiday"||Ma'chello and Daniel Jackson, plus others||Mind-swapping machine|
|Star Trek||"Turnabout Intruder"||Kirk and Dr. Janice Lester||Mind-swapping machine|
|Star Trek: Voyager||"Vis à Vis"||Alien with Tom Paris, then Captain Janeway||Alien ability|
|Stitch!||"Swapper 2.0"||Stitch and Takumi||Experiment|
|Strange Days at Blake Holsey High||"Brainwaves"||Lucas and Vaughn|
|Sugar Sugar Rune||"The Contrary Macaroon Pandemonium!?"||Chocolat and Vanilla||Magic biscuits|
|Super Gals||"Ran-pyon♥Dizzy→Becomes Sayo!?"||Ran and Sayo||Soccer ball from fortune bag |
|Supernatural||"Swap Meat"||Sam and a teenager||Spell|||
|TaleSpin||"A Baloo Switcheroo"||Baloo and Kit Cloudkicker; Rebecca Cunningham and Don Karnage||Magical idol|
|Taz-Mania||"The Outer Taz-Manian Zone"||Taz and Molly||Harmonic Convergence of the Taz-Manian Zone|
|The Sarah Silverman Program||"A Fairly Attractive Mind"||Brian and Steve||Magic dragon phone|
|Teen Titans||"Switched"||Starfire and Raven||Spell by Puppet King|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 TV series)||"The Old Switcheroo"||Shredder and Splinter||Lab accident|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987 TV series)||"Raphael Drives 'em Wild"||Raphael and a taxi driver||Mind-swapping machine|
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV series)||"Plan 10"||Raphael and a Kraang; April and Casey; Man and a Pigeon||Kraang Machine|||
|Third Rock3rd Rock from the Sun||"Two-faced Dick"||Sally and Dick|
|Haunted Hathaways, TheThe Haunted Hathaways||"Haunted Camping"||Louie and Ray||Possession ability, applied simultaneously on an object.|||
|Tick, TheThe Tick||"Tick vs Science"||Tick and Arthur, various characters||Mind-swapping machine|
|Troop, TheThe Troop||"Taming of The Cube"||Jake and Haley||Magic gelatin cube|
|Thundarr The Barbarian||"Island of the Body Snatchers"||Ariel and a witch|
|Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger||"Fake Blue"||Houji and Wojonian||Wojonian's special ability / activated by head-butt [note 7]|
|T.U.F.F. Puppy||"Freaky Spy-Day"||Dudley and Kitty; Kitty and Snaptrap; Dudley and Jack Rabbit||Keswick's Mind Swapper|
|Ultimate Spider-Man||"Freaky"||Spider-Man and Wolverine||Spell by Mesmero|
|Ultimate Spider-Man||"The Incredible Spider-Hulk"||Spider-Man and Hulk||Spell by Mesmero|
|Ultimate Spider-Man: Web Warriors||"The Avenging Spider-Man (1)"||Spider-Man and Loki||Spell by Loki|
|Warehouse 13||"Merge with Caution"||Pete and Myka||Artifact|
|Wild Grinders||"Preston Change-O"||Lil' Rob and Meaty||Spell by magician|
|Wizards of Waverly Place||"Quinceañera"||Alex and her mom; various characters||Spells|
|Wizards of Waverly Place||"Family Game Night"||Alex and Harper||Spells|
|New Woody Woodpecker Show, TheThe New Woody Woodpecker Show||"Frankenwoody"||Wally Walrus and Woody||Mind-swapping machine|
|Silver Brumby, TheThe Silver Brumby||"Foals In Trouble"||Mopoke and Cullawong||Collided in mid-air and struck by Lightning during a Thunderstorm|
|Xena: Warrior Princess||"Intimate Stranger"||Callisto and Xena||Spell by Ares|
|X-Files, TheThe X-Files||"Lazarus"||FBI Agent and Criminal||psychic transference|||
|The X-Files||"Dreamland"||Mulder and Morris Fletcher||Alien weapon|||
|Yogi's Treasure Hunt||"Beswitched Buddha'd and Bewildered"||Yogi Bear and Boo Boo; Huckleberry Hound and Quick Draw McGraw; Snooper and Blabber; Ranger Smith and Snagglepuss; Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy; later Dick Dastardly and Muttley||Mind-swapping machine|
|Yin Yang Yo||"Yin Yang Carl"||Carl and Master Yo||Magic ability|||
|Yvon of the Yukon||"The Siamese Twits"||Tommy and Yvon||Wish during Aurora Borealis|
|Zevo-3||"Mootant"||Matt and a mutant cow||Machine malfunction|||
|Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger||"Brave 37: Revenge! The Ghost Deboth Army"||Daigo, Ian, Nobuharu, Souji, Amy and Utsusemimaru; Torin and Debo Kibishydesu||Spell by Debo Akkumoon|
|Title||Developer / Publisher||Year||Characters||Method / Notes||Reference|
|Bugs Bunny & Taz: Time Busters||Artificial Mind and Movement / Infogrames||2000||Taz and a Frankenstein monster||Mind-swapping device|
|Chrono Cross||Square||1999||Serge and Lynx||Dragon Tear|
|Dragon Ball Z games||various||various||Captain Ginyu||Ginyu's ability|
|Marvel Ultimate Alliance||Activision||2006||Playable Character and a Demonic Soul||Demonic Soul's special ability|
|Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door||Intelligent Systems / Nintendo||2004||Mario and Creepy Steeple Boss|
|Pitfall: The Lost Expedition||various / Activision||2004||Harry and a monkey|||
|Ragnarok (roguelike game)||Norsehelm||1992-1995||Main character||scroll of "switch bodies"|
|"Roblox"||Roblox||2005-present||Two avatars||Body Swap Potion|
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl||Nintendo||2008||Playable character||random Poké Ball ability by Manaphy|
|Tales of Rebirth||Namco||2004||Agarte||Force of Moon ability|
|Whacked!||Presto / Microsoft||2002||Main character||special power (red button)|
|Digimon Rumble Arena 2||Bandai Games||2004||Playable character||special power|
|Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution||Bandai Games||2014||Naruto and Robot Naruto||special power|
Graphic novels and manga
Some graphic novels and manga series feature stories that center around a body swap, while others have a story arc or a character that body swaps. These include anime and live-action adaptations if the original storyline was in the manga or comic.
|Title||Author||Year[note 8]||Characters||Method / Notes||Reference|
|Angel Sanctuary||Kaori Yuki||1997-1998||Setsuna and Alexiel||volumes 8-11|
|Dragon Ball Z||Akira Toriyama||1990-1991||Captain Ginyu||Captain Ginyu's special ability||volumes 7-9|
|I am Alice: Body Swap in Wonderland||VisualWorks, Ayumi Kanou||2014-||Makoto and Alice||magic book||series|
|Inside Mari||Shūzō Oshimi||2012-||A shut-in guy and teenage girl||unknown||series|
|Instant Teen: Just Add Nuts||Haruka Fukushima||2001||Natsumi and Asuma||Miracle nuts side-effect||volume 2, extra chapter|
|Kokoro Connect||Sadanatsu Anda||2010-||Taichi, Iori, Himeko, Yoshifumi and Yui||Mysterious being known as "Heartseed"||series|
|Murder Princess||Sekihiko Inui||2005-2007||Princess and bounty hunter||Fall||series|
|One Piece||Eiichiro Oda||2012||Nami, Chopper, Sanji, Franky, Smoker and Tashigi||Trafalgar Law's special ability||volumes 67-68|
|Quantum Mistake||Son Eun-ho and Choi Myung-su||1998-2006||Kang Too-jee and Woo Soo-choi||Mind-swapping / teleportation device||series|
|Rosario + Vampire Season II||Akihisa Ikeda||2007||Yukari Sendo and Fangfang Huang||Yukari's "Heart-to-Heart" machines||chapter 25|
|World God Only Knows, TheThe World God Only Knows||Tamiki Wakaki||2010||Keima and Yui||mysterious headache||chapters 82-89|
|World God Only Knows, TheThe World God Only Knows||Tamiki Wakaki||2013||Keima and his younger self||Spell by Jupiter Sisters||volume 20-|
|To-Love-Ru||Saki Hasemi, Kentaro Yabuki||2007-2009||Rito and a dog; Lala and Haruna; Yami and Mikan||Lala's Maru-Maru Change-kun body-swapping machine||chapters 43-44, 105, 139|
|To-Love-Ru Darkness||Hasemi, Yabuki||2012||Rito and Haruna||Portable version of Lala's body-swapping machine||chapter 18|
|Urusei Yatsura||Rumiko Takahashi||Ataru and Ten||Magic earmufffs||chapter 72|
|Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches||Miki Yoshikawa||2013-||Ryū Yamada, Urara Shiraishi and others||special ability activated by a kiss||series|
|Your and My Secret||Ai Morinaga||2001-2011||Uehara and Momoi||Mind-swapping device||series|
|The Amazing Spider-Man||Dan Slott||2012||Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus||brain-swapping Octobot||issue#700 "Dying Wish"|
|The Superior Spider-Man||Dan Slott||2013-||Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus||brain-swapping Octobot||series|
- On Disney Channel USA, a special marathon of body swap episodes was aired from 5 April 2013 until 7 April at 8/7c. The series with body swap are: Dog With a Blog, Austin & Ally, Jessie, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, A.N.T. Farm and Shake It Up. The marathon was also aired on 8 June in Latin America, along with Disney movie Wizards of Waverly Place: Alex vs. Alex. - "EXCLUSIVE: "Freaky Freakend" is Upon Us!". BOP and Tiger Beat Online. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- In the second book of the Airhead series, Being Nikki, it is revealed that Nikki's brain was transplanted into another body and that she wants her body back.
- Sutch also made a 2008 short film called "Genetics" which involved the body swap of two women
- In The Annoying Orange webisode, Deviled Egg can take souls and place them in his Fanny Pack of Despair, but Fanny coughs up Orange's soul and then mixes up the souls of the other characters.
- In the Futurama episode "The Prisoner of Benda", various characters use a mind-swapping machine to switch bodies, but the machine does not allow two people who have already switched bodies to switch back with each other. This is overcome by a mathematical proof that allows everyone to return to their original bodies by involving two more characters. - Polster, Burkard; Ross, Marty (2012). Math Goes to the Movies. JHU Press. p. 133. ISBN 9781421404844.
- Tina bumps her head when she falls into a fountain and it causes her to see everyone body-swapped in the Glee Club, including herself.
- The "Fake Blue" episode in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger was remade as the "Recognition" episode in Power Rangers S.P.D.
- Indicates the year the graphic novel or tankōbon was published rather than the issue.
- Jose, Michael JR. "Vice Versa by F. Anstey Detailed Book Review". Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- King, Robert (4 February 2001). "The mother versus the author". St. Petersburg Times (Hernando). Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- Edwards, Emily D. (2005). Metaphysical Media: The Occult Experience in Popular Culture. SIU Press. pp. 185–188. ISBN 9780809388462. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Hunter, Rob (1 April 2014). "10 Body Swap Movies That Aren't Actually Body Swap Movies No Matter How Often You Put Them On Your Listicle". Pajiba.com. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- "Top 10 Body Swap Movies". Starpulse.com. 5 August 2011. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- Campbell, Christopher (1 August 2011). "10 Cliches of the Body Swap Movie". Spout. Indiewire. Retrieved 25 May 2014.
- Bleiler, Everett (1948). The Checklist of Fantastic Literature. Chicago: Shasta Publishers. p. 31.
- "Review for Freaky Friday, The classic story of switching places". Yabookscentral.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Airhead". Meg Cabot official website. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Fiction Book Review: Dragon*Princess by S. Andrew Swann". Publishers Weekly. 17 March 2014.
- S. T. Joshi and David Schultz, An H. P. Lovecraft Encyclopedia, Hippocampus Press, 2004.
- The Identity Matrix - Chalker - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Katie Kazoo Books". Katiekazoo.com. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Anyone but Me by Nancy E. Krulik". Scholastic.com. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Raymond, Adam K. (5 September 2013). "How to Swap Bodies With Anyone You Want, According to the Movies". Vulture.com. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Shearer, Alex (2011). The Stolen. Pan Macmillan. 272pp. ISBN 9780330530507.
- "Switch: Carol Snow: Amazon.com: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Anne Rice Bookshelf". Annerice.com. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Turnabout by Thorne Smith". Fantasticfiction.co.uk. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Turnabout - Contents". Homepage.ntlworld.com. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "The Captain of the Polestar and other Tales". Etext.virginia.edu. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Julio Cortázar Essay - Cortázar, Julio". eNotes.com. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Maslin, Janet (8 April 1988). "Movie Review - 18 Again - Review/Film; George Burns in Body-Mind Switch - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "A Saintly Switch | Disney Movies". Movies.disney.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Shelley, Peter (2012). Australian Horror Films, 1973-2010. McFarland. pp. 57–60. ISBN 9780786461677.
- "ALL SCREWED UP - Indican Pictures - Buy it now on DVD". Indican Pictures. 23 January 2013. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- Ebert, Roger (3 August 2011). "The Change-Up Movie Review & Film Summary (2011)". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Thomas, Kevin (29 April 2005). "Exchanging bodies for laughs". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Dame tu cuerpo (2003)". FilmAffinity. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- Moran, Albert; Vieth, Errol (2006). Film in Australia: An Introduction. Cambridge University Press. p. 69. ISBN 9780521613279.
- "Dating the Enemy (1996)". Michaeldvd.com.au. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Roeper, Richard (11 April 2012). "Glib ‘Detention’ rips off horror icons". Chicago Sun-Times.
- "Neill Fearnley CV" (PDF). NeillFearnley.com. July 2013.
- "Dogmatic (DVD video, 2006)". [WorldCat.org]. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- Tallerico, Brian (3 March 1989). "Dream A Little Dream Movie Review (1989)". RogerEbert.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- [dead link]
- "Every Dog Has His Date (2001) starring Nick Cheung". Topchinesemovies.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "3. Freaky Friday (1976) - Top 10 body swap movies - Movies". Virgin Media. 16 September 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- http://PromocionFantasma.Es Official movie
- Dennis Harvey (23 October 2002). "Help I’m a Boy!". Variety. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Lifetime: 12 Films Of Christmas : DVD Talk Review of the DVD Video". Dvdtalk.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Identity Theft (2009) - By Duane L. Martin". Rogue Cinema. 1 August 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Praveen, S. R. (12 October 2014). "A watchable body swap". The Hindu. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Tay, Yek Keak (14 February 2007). "Corporate jabs at their best; Jack Neo's new film is spot-on as he pokes fun at bureaucracy". The Straits Times (Life!).
- Willis, Donald C. (1984). Horror and Science Fiction Films III. Scarecrow Press. p. 116. ISBN 9780810817234.
- "Gellar Smooched In Scooby". Sci Fi Wire, (Sci Fi Channel). 7 June 2002. Archived from the original on 8 August 2002.
- "The Secret Review 2007 | Movie". Contactmusic.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "If I Were You (Se Eu Fosse Voce) () - Showtimes, Tickets & Reviews - The Providence Journal". Thingstodo.providencejournal.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "CineFest Brasil 'If I Were You 2 (Se eu fosse você 2)' at SummerStage in Staten Island, NY". Zvents. 2 August 2009. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Sister Switch - Info" (Facebook). Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Kennedy, ML. "Contradicting Popular Opinion: The Skeleton Key". Inside Pulse. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Movie Spoiler for the film - THE SKELETON KEY". Themoviespoiler.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- Szczepaniak, Jocelyn. "The World According to Shorts: Brooklyn Art Museum Short Film Festival". PopMatters. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Transformed (2005) - By Jordan Garren". Rogue Cinema. 1 June 2006. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Turnabout (1940); One Million Years B.C. (1940)". UCLA Film & Television Archive. UCLA. 6 August 2006. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Review: ‘Wish Upon a Star’ (1996)". Fox Weekly. 28 March 2014. Archived from the original on 28 March 2014.
- Terrorism in American Cinema: An Analytical Filmography, 1960-2008 - Robert Cettl - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "Scoop: AMERICAN DAD on FOX - Sunday, May 12, 2013 - BWWTVWorld". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Boy Meets Girl - Strangers in strange skins - Features - TV & Radio". The Independent. 17 April 2009. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Choi, Ji-eun (9 December 2010). "Secret Garden Hyun Bin, Ha Ji-won speak on switching bodies - Part 2". 10Asia. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Ho, Rodney (17 October 2012). "Will Lifetime renew ‘Drop Dead Diva,’ shot in Peachtree City, for a fifth season?". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- パパとムスメの７日間. TBS (in Japanese). Archived from the original on 16 December 2008.
- Jimmy Neutron: "Trading Faces" video clip. Nick.com. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Sava, Oliver (23 July 2012). ""Son Of Mars" | Adventure Time | TV Club | TV". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Kind, Amy (2010). "The Vampire with a Soul: Angel and the Quest for Identity". In Rahy, Thomas. The Philosophy of Horror. Google Books (University Press of Kentucky). pp. 94–95. ISBN 978-0-8131-2573-2. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Annoying Orange - The Deviled Egg (Ft. FuriousPete!) (YouTube). 18 October 2013.
- Ben Again - Ben 10 Omniverse Videos. Cartoon Network. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Beetleborgs: Season 1, Episode 44 "The Good, The Bad and the Scary": Amazon Instant Video". Amazon.com. 7 September 1996. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Cartoon Hangover (20 February 2014). Plum & Chris Switch Bodies in "Merewif Tag" - (Bravest Warriors Season 2 Ep. 8) (YouTube).
- "THEM Anime Reviews 4.0 - CardCaptors". Themanime.org. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Gallagher, Diana G.; Ruditis, Paul (2004). "Episode Guide". Charmed: The Book of Three: The Official Companion to the Hit Show. Simon & Schuster. p. 159. ISBN 9780689867095.
- Chowder - Cheese With Pizzazz. Cartoon Network. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Goldman, Eric (25 April 2013). "Community: "Basic Human Anatomy" Review". IGN. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Dexter's Laboratory, Season 2". iTunes. US. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
"Mom and Jerry" When Dexter's brain transplant experiment goes awry, his brain is switched with that of a mouse. Of course, Mom will not tolerate a mouse in the house and unknowingly tries to squash her son as he scampers about the house.
- "8 Simple Rules Episode Guide 2005 Season 3 - Freaky Friday, Episode 18". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Going Too Far". Excel Saga. Episode 26.
- "Changeling". Fairy Tail. Episode 19.
- Muir, John Kenneth (2001). "Appendix A. The Fifty Most Common Concepts in Modern Day Terror Television". Terror Television: American Series, 1970-1999. McFarland. ISBN 9780786408900. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Watch Girls Bravo Anime Episodes Streaming on Funimation". Funimation. Retrieved 7 June 2014.
Thanks to his family fortune, Fukuyama’s in charge of the school’s pool! He’s remodeled it into resort, but that’s not the only new change - with some help from Lisa, the creep has switched bodies with Yukinari!
- Chueng, Nadine (23 April 2012). "Chris Colfer + Cory Monteith to Swap Roles on ‘Glee’". Popcrush. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- Mitovich, Matt Webb (3 April 2013). "VIDEO ‘Jessie’ Season 2 — Jessie and Zuri Body Swap". TVLine. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Kappa Mikey Episode Guide 2007 Season 2 - Manic Monday, Episode 12". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Original Skin | Episodes | Lost Girl". Syfy. 18 March 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Mr. Young: Season 2 Episode 20". LocateTV. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- Gibron, Bill (13 October 2004). "DVD Verdict Review - Night Gallery: The Complete First Season". Dvdverdict.com. Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "The Great Switcheroo". Noonbory and the Super Seven. Episode 16. Event occurs at 9:47. http://livedash.ark.com/transcript/judge_hatchett/612/KICU/Friday_April_9_2010/187912/. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- Nusair, David (19 December 2005). "Power Rangers SPD: Volumes 4 & 5". Reelfilm.com. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Worrell, Lacey (19 December 2005). "Power Rangers SPD - Boom". DVD Talk. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: "Trading Places: Oh Gnome!". Nick.com. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
A nasty Nighlok has turned Jayden into a garden decoration. Let's hope he won't get smashed!
- Howarth, Chris; Lyons, Steve (1993). Red Dwarf Programme Guide. Virgin Books. pp. 63–64. ISBN 0-86369-682-1.
- "EPG Channel listing detail page - Cartoon Network Too". Melita.com. 24 January 2014. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Sabrina, the Animated Series - 'Generation Zap' Episode Info - MSN TV". Tv.msn.com. 16 November 1999. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Smile PreCure! episode 8, "Miyuki and Candy swa~pped places!?"
- Supergals at the Wayback Machine (archived May 17, 2011)
- "Supernatural: "Swap Meat" Review". IGN. 29 January 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtes: Plan 10: "Reverse Brain Switch". Nick.com. Retrieved 22 June 2014.
- Haunted Hatahaways: "Haunted Camping". Nick.com. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
Before their annual camping trip, Ray and Louie accidentally switch bodies. An inexperienced Louie has to lead the trip while Ray tries to outsmart the ghost world’s toughest babysitter in order to switch them back to normal.
- Muir, John Kenneth (2001). "26. The X-Files (1993-)". Terror Television: American Series, 1970-1999. McFarland. ISBN 9780786408900. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Yin Yang Yo! Episode Guide 2008 Season 2 - Yin Yang Carl; Smorks, Episode 12". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Zevo-3 - 'Mootant' Episode Info - MSN TV". Tv.msn.com. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Pitfall: The Lost Expedition Update". GameSpot. 12 December 2003. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Angel Sanctuary Vol. 8 - VIZ MANGA: Online Manga". Viz Manga. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "コミックナタリー - Power Push] 「山田くんと7人の魔女」吉河美希インタビュー (1/4)" (in Japanese). Natalie.mu. 3 February 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2013. Lay summary – Mahouxscans.wordpress.com (3 February 2013).
- "Crunchyroll Adds Inside Mari, Silver Nina, Love Theory Manga - News". Anime News Network. 6 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Sentai Filmworks Licenses Kokoro Connect TV Anime - News". Anime News Network. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "Murder Princess DVD - Review". Anime News Network. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- McNeil, Sheena (26 September 2011). "Rosario + Vampire Season II Vol. 6 - Review". Sequential Tart. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Thompson, Jason (15 December 2011). "Jason Thompson's House of 1000 Manga: Your and My Secret". Anime News Network. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- Slott, Dan (w), Ramos, Humberto (p), Olazaba, Victor (i)Delgardo, Edgar (col)"Dying Wish Part 3: Suicide Run" The Amazing Spider-Man 700 (December 2012), New York, NY: Marvel Comics